[Module] Embed A Wordpress Blog In Prestashop

mnementh64

Hi to all,

I have released a new module to display in a shop a block to list the last posts of a Wordpress blog. This module is free because I use a Prestashop core code hack so I prefer to avoid maintenance !

Installation guide is available on my blog in the post Embed a WordPress blog into a Prestashop shop.

The module is also available for download on my website at Wordpress in Prestashop.

Don't forget the module only works after have applied the code hack explained in my blog !

2013-02-19 : release 1.2

> compatible with Prestashop 1.5

> settings accepts absolute path for Wordpress installation directory

pss_wpinps_1.1.zip

pss_wpinps_V1.2.zip

Edited by mnementh64 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much for sharing. I am just wondering if it is possible to do the opposite way? I mean embed a prestashop into wordpress? The reason I am asking for this is that because I have more than 1 domain names, but I don't want to create many prestashops. I am think to create a wordpress site and embed my prestashop into the wordpress site. So, if the users are intereseted my product, they can clcik the product and then go to my prestashop to order.

Is this a good idea? Please give me some feedback. Thank you so much!

• 3 weeks later...

nice module, i searce something like that long time....

one question, i do all like sad in blog about installetin, but when i click Visit the blog i go to main page, not for blog. I have installed WP in a folder with shop /blog/. What i do wrong?

• 2 months later...

Hello! Good Jobs! Cuestion: I want add to my site betheen the header and footer, my wordpress blog, complete, with all thigs. Do you know how can i do that? Look my site to understand my idea!: www.oplenceria.com.ar. Thak budy! byebye

• 1 month later...

Hi mnementh64,

I'm trying install your module in our shop (Prestashop 1.4.6.2): www.inteligentes.org/prestashop

I have made the changes like you said in your blog:

a) I have installed the second hack in the config.inc.php

B) I have modiffied the line

$pss_wpinps_install_dir = '/blog/';

by

$pss_wpinps_install_dir = Configuration::get('PRESTASCOPE_WPIPS_WP_DIR');

Your modul isn't working.

When the mouse is over "VISIT THE BLOG" the link is the same like our shop: www.inteligentes.org/prestashop

Our blog is in: www.inteligentes.org/blog

¿what are we going doing wrong?

Best regards

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I installed it. Made the changes into the /config/config.inc.php on block "function" and than added the hack to the end of the file as written on your blog.

I have a white site. Whitout the changes, the block ist visible, the link wrong and no WP_artcle available

Version PS 1.4.5.1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

Thanks for creating this module and distributing it for free.

I tried using it with prestashop 1.4.7.3 and wordpress 3.3.1

and as soon as I do the second hack, it is impossible to place orders. If I undo the second hack it is again possible to make orders on prestashop.

More precisely, I add a product to cart; I click on the shoping cart; I have to enter details for log in; and after this I see the header appearing and nothing else; basically in the 5 step shopping process it stops after doing step2 “log in” and step 3 “address” does not show up. If I undo the second hack it works again.

Do you have any idea why the second hack may do this to the web site?

Thanks,

Marius

this is my shop: http://www.pescuitlafeeder.ro/magazin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all, sorry I have not answered all your questions ... but I didn't receive any notification about his post. What a pity !

So, here is a new version compatible with Prestashop 1.5 (but that doesn't support the multi-shop feature). You can also set an absolute path to your wordpress path (no more only a relative one).

I have tested the migration system of my module - it should go from your 1.1 version to this one without any trouble - only have to upload the new version, go to the configure page - you will be asked about this migration - accept and it's done.

Sylvain

• 1 month later...

Hi to all, sorry I have not answered all your questions ... but I didn't receive any notification about his post. What a pity !

So, here is a new version compatible with Prestashop 1.5 (but that doesn't support the multi-shop feature). You can also set an absolute path to your wordpress path (no more only a relative one).

I have tested the migration system of my module - it should go from your 1.1 version to this one without any trouble - only have to upload the new version, go to the configure page - you will be asked about this migration - accept and it's done.

Sylvain

Thank you, I am using it at ps 1.5.3.1. its working.

Just follow the instruction in the module.

Edited by ciptanegara (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there!!

First of all thanks for the module!

I just only made the loading of the wordpress api in the configuration file of prestashop as you mention in your blog and I realised that there is an issue with the response time of my site. Is it something that should happen? In your website example things seems working quite ok. Do you have any idea why does this occur? Would it be the version of wordpress??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
hello Please help me act prob. is that where i am uplode Blog Post i cant get any section in backend so please help me :)

Have you installed any addon module for this? prestashop does not have any built-in feature for blog, but it has cms block.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this has happened to anyone, but, if so, i'd like to know how to solve it... If i install this module and use the hack in config.inc.php, users can't log in or log out. If i disable the hack, even if i don't uninstall the module, it works again.

I am using PS 1.5.3.1

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for a very useful and free module.

I quote from your blog:

"The only known restriction is your blog must be a sub-directory of your shop. For other cases, you have to modify the config.inc.php code to include manually the WordPress framework using its absolute path".

Does anyone knows what are these modifications, an example of the modified hack would be great?

• 1 month later...

i expecting something different...i want to embed wordpress blog theme with same header n footer of prestashop...something like this ...

2afzzmq.jpg

hi ,

i got it exactly. its wonder ! 

i've used wordpress theme for blog. which embeded in awesome. it simple solution , but i stressed about it over 5 months.

anyway no worry about blogging in prestashop,without any modules. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went back to the original config.inc.php and no longer have a problem with adding product(s) to shopping cart only to have disappear when checking out... Also my logging out problem went away as well.

Definitely there is a problem with this module!

Edited by mtporter (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

This hack don´t work. After add the code in config.inc.php is imposible add products in the cart "the shopping cart is empty".

Help please.

I have the same problem (1.5.6), fortunately we found out quite quickly.

Too bad because it is a interesting module

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...