Theme Iris - Launched

Dear All,

Its with great pleasure that I present you my first theme.

Yeah I know there will be some bugs here and there, but hey, we are human aren't we?

URL: http://www.iloveprestashop.com

Please bear with me and my site, I put it up in 1 hours' time.

Next coming up will be the following..

1. Another free theme..
2. Theme Athena
3. Modules Section
4. Forum
5. Lets kick some butt.. :)

Cheers and good luck
Cronos

The files mootools-1.2-core.js, init.js and _class.noobSlide.packed.js are missing on your demo.

Except that, it seems clean and w3c compliant. It may be a good base but you need to customize it a little more with images and others.

Hi Damien,

I will fix the javascripts.

Yes, you are right about the images and CSS optimization.
I need to go a long way.

Hope your guidance and support will be there to cross that milestone.

Thanks Damien for your suggestion and comment.

Will act on it right away.

Cheers..

Thanks Russ...

Whats up lately with your site ?
Any news ?

Regards,
Cronos

Hey Cronos,

The site I was doing for CherryGirlClothing.com is done, well on my end anyway. They are trying to get all their products listed by next weekend so they are ready for a trade show in Las Vegas. If you need a slinky dress you should check them out. ;)

This was what got me introduced to Prestashop because I simply did not have time to customize an OSC, Zen, or VirtuMart.

I love Prestashop so much I am making it my shop of choice now. I have put up a stock install at one of my own sites WorldWideRetro and am busy loading it with product as we speak. I would like to set up a dual storefront using a single database at [url:http://www.springday.com]SpringDay.com[/url] which means I will have to get two different templates knocked out here in pretty short order.

One thing I have noticed is that Prestashop does not take kindly to directory modification. The WorldWideRetro Prestashop install is set up www.WorldWideRetro.com/shop . I went to set it up in its own sub directory ie. store.WorldWideRetro.com and lost all template formatting and image calls. It appears there is a LOT of non-relative programming here. Other than that, everything is running smoothly.

Keep up the good work on the themes. I will join you soon!

Thanks Russ...

Whats up lately with your site ?
Any news ?

Regards,
Cronos

Hey Cronos,

The site I was doing for CherryGirlClothing.com is done, well on my end anyway. They are trying to get all their products listed by next weekend so they are ready for a trade show in Las Vegas. If you need a slinky dress you should check them out. ;)

This was what got me introduced to Prestashop because I simply did not have time to customize an OSC, Zen, or VirtuMart.

I love Prestashop so much I am making it my shop of choice now. I have put up a stock install at one of my own sites WorldWideRetro and am busy loading it with product as we speak. I would like to set up a dual storefront using a single database at [url:http://www.springday.com]SpringDay.com[/url] which means I will have to get two different templates knocked out here in pretty short order.

One thing I have noticed is that Prestashop does not take kindly to directory modification. The WorldWideRetro Prestashop install is set up www.WorldWideRetro.com/shop . I went to set it up in its own sub directory ie. store.WorldWideRetro.com and lost all template formatting and image calls. It appears there is a LOT of non-relative programming here. Other than that, everything is running smoothly.

Keep up the good work on the themes. I will join you soon!

Hi Russ,

Fantastic. I am so excited that you are on the way making class templates :)

CherryGirlClothing looks nice. Good work there !

Yes, Prestashop takes things precisely.
If you have lost the styles as you have mentioned, most probably settings.inc.php in you config folder is the culprit.

Whatever the directory you put it in, change it accordingly in the settings.inc.php file, it should run well.

Keep the good work coming..

Cheers..
Cronos

• 4 months later...