Products don't show in "home" category

Hi,

upgrade to 1.4.4.1 and none of my products are displaying in the home category despite them being ticked in both "Home" and "soap".

I can't say if this was working before the upgrade as I have just started to play but it dosn't work in my custom skin or the default.

The address is: http://molobo.com and I have left it in the default theme for testing.

I did notice another post about this that said it was fixed by a fresh install but I would rather not do this just now. My edits/dev has been limited to disabling modules rather than .tpl file edits so I think this should be an easy fix...

If I can supply any further info please say.

thanks.

Hello, I was having the problem. I have found out that you need the 'Featured Products on the homepage v0.9' module to enable the display of home category products on the front page. Perhaps your Featured Products on the homepage v0.9 module has stopped working since upgrade?

Because my installs kept freezing, the only way I was able to get the featured items module was by once more trying to install :(. Thankfully I did not yet have a functioning shop, so a fresh install was not as much work as it would have been had I had a functioing shop already.

Hello, I was having the problem. I have found out that you need the 'Featured Products on the homepage v0.9' module to enable the display of home category products on the front page. Perhaps your Featured Products on the homepage v0.9 module has stopped working since upgrade?

Because my installs kept freezing, the only way I was able to get the featured items module was by once more trying to install :(. Thankfully I did not yet have a functioning shop, so a fresh install was not as much work as it would have been had I had a functioing shop already.

Hi peepo,

thanks for the feedback on this. Unfortunately that module is already enabled and despite disabling/enabling it doesn't seem to fix the issue.

I will try a fresh install on another domain then export -> import the db into this and see if this issue is resolved. If it is I think I can quickly blat through the customisations I have made in the theme to see where (if anywhere) I have gone wrong.

Thanks for your advice, appreciated.

• 2 months later...

hello,

i had the same problem and i solve it! :lol:

Installing again will not solve it (i think), you have to change the file "yourroot/controllers/CategoryController.php"

my code line is 131

change this code:

if ($this->category->id != 1)
 $this->productListAssign();

to

$this->productListAssign();

basically you need to remove the "if" condition because home category id is = 1 so he doesn't assign the products when your listing your home category products

• 10 months later...