Change date for products in BO (date_add)

marjanbajc

• 6 months later...

Add the following lines to AdminProducts.php in the place you desire. For example I added it to line 1560, bellow the "Weight:" parameter.

<tr>
  <td class="col-left">'.$this->l('date added:').'</td>
  <td style="padding-bottom:5px;">
   <input onchange="updateCurrentText();" type="text" id="date_add" name="date_add" value="'.($this->getFieldValue($obj, 'date_add') ? htmlentities($this->getFieldValue($obj, 'date_add'), ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8') : date('Y-m-d H:i:s')).'" />
  </td>

I'm not a coder, I just copied this from somewhere else and modified it. It works fine for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am searching for the same option. You are talking about changing the file: .../admin_presta/tabs/AdminProducts.php

right?

Because when I try to edit that file in line 1560 I can't see any weight parameter being defined.

I am working with PrestaShop™ 1.4.6.2.

Could you please paste some of the code you have before that line, just to make sure I am pasting in the right place.

This is my code:

line

1559 $(document).ready(function(){

1560 $(\'#id_mvt_reason\').change(function(){

1561 updateMvtStatus($(this).val());

Thanks in advance!

I'm using version 1.3.2, that's why.

You can put that code anywhere it suits better to you. I have it bellow:

<tr>
  <td class="col-left">'.$this->l('Weight:').'</td>
   <input size="6" maxlength="6" name="weight" type="text" value="'.htmlentities($this->getFieldValue($obj, 'weight'), ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8').'" onKeyUp="javascript:this.value = this.value.replace(/,/g, \'.\');" /> '.Configuration::get('PS_WEIGHT_UNIT').'
  </td>
 </tr>

De nada ;)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I know it is not nice to "resurrect" ancient topics :)

However I cannot find /admin_presta/tabs/AdminProducts.php as i am using presta 1.5.6.2

Is there any way to add the discussed above function in my version?

I know it is not nice to "resurrect" ancient topics :)

However I cannot find /admin_presta/tabs/AdminProducts.php as i am using presta 1.5.6.2

Is there any way to add the discussed above function in my version?

What a coincidence, I just added this functionality to my new shop (also 1.5.6.2)! The following code worked for me:

<tr>
<td class="col-left"><label>{$bullet_common_field} {l s='New from'}</label></td>
<input type="text" id="date_add" name="date_add" value="{$product->date_add|escape:html:'UTF-8'}" />
</td>
</tr>

Add it to line 146 of {admin folder}\themes\default\template\controllers\products\informations.tlp

• Like 1

What a coincidence, I just added this functionality to my new shop (also 1.5.6.2)! The following code worked for me:

<tr>
<td class="col-left"><label>{$bullet_common_field} {l s='New from'}</label></td>
<input type="text" id="date_add" name="date_add" value="{$product->date_add|escape:html:'UTF-8'}" />
</td>
</tr>

Add it to line 146 of {admin folder}\themes\default\template\controllers\products\informations.tlp

it's enough to create only this field? no core changes?

it's enough to create only this field? no core changes?

For me it's working. I've tested it only a couple of times, though.

Add the code and upload file (ftp), go to a product page in backoffice, change the date and save changes. An "old" product can be set as new that easily. ;)

• 8 months later...

Adapted this functionality to ps 1.6.0.11.

Add it to line 134 of: admin folder\themes\default\template\controllers\products\informations.tlp

<div class="form-group">
        <label class="control-label col-lg-3"></td>
              <span class="label-tooltip" data-toggle="tooltip"
				title="{l s='Change date for "product new from".'}">
                {$bullet_common_field} {l s='New from'}
              </span>
        </label>
        <div class="col-lg-3">
        </div>
    </div>

Thank.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

you can wrap that code with if to hide it when a product is actually being added new

{if $product->date_add}<div class="form-group"><label class="control-label col-lg-3"></td><span class="label-tooltip" data-toggle="tooltip"title="{l s='Change date for "product new from".'}">{$bullet_common_field} {l s='New from'}</span></label><div class="col-lg-3"><input type="text" id="date_add" name="date_add" value="{$product->date_add|escape:html:'UTF-8'}" /></div></div>{/if}