phrasespot

[Module] Multi Block Arbitrary Text Or Html

Hi! Thanks for this module, it's a life saver.

I've translated to Spanish on my administration but I just noticed I can't export that translation (I'm really newbie).

So I tried to create a "es.php" file from "multiblockatoh/uk.php" but its content is in Ukrainian (according to google translate). How can i share my Spanish translation?

Hi! Thanks for this module, it's a life saver.

You're welcome

I've translated to Spanish. How can i share my Spanish translation?

Great. Thank you very much. See here for a step-by-step description.

Gracias Pixelmin !!! :)

Esto es lo unico que le hacia falta al modulo para ser practicamente perfecto jeje :P

thanks i was hoping there'd be a module that did this, I wanted to list some of my CMS pages on the footer in blocks sort of like this [info][customer service][my account] etc, but the blockcms module only lets you have one block on the footer. This module should let me get around that by just making another list of links in HTML. :)

thanks
You're welcome

This module should let me get around that by just making another list of links in HTML

True. It is possible to do it with this module. Post if there is a problem.

Thanks for this great module - really appreciate that it's free. One thing - is there any way to add multiple blocks to the same block position? If the blocks could be saved with a unique name then is this possible? I'd really love this feature as otherwise i'd just have to edit the template files, which I'd prefer not to do.

Thanks again.

Thanks for this great module
You're welcome

One thing - is there any way to add multiple blocks to the same block position?
Kind of. PS does not allow a module to hook a position twice but you can simulate multiple blocks in the same block position. See the question asked in this post and my reply below it.

Just downloaded this module today and tried to install. Unzipped > Upload to Modules folder > Click install in back office. Unfortunately no matter what I do, I only get the following error message:

error2.png

The following module(s) were not installed properly:

• multiblockatoh

no matter what I do, I only get the following error message

Please check Back office > Tools > Log and post here the error no or message logged.

Just wanted to say that I really love this module. I really could not believe PrestaShop did not allow me to create HTML blocks in module positions - something that is so simple in CMS's

Is this still avaiable?

I was getting error messages when trying to install :(

When I click Install, I get this message :

'

• multiblockatoh'

Make sure you have the latest version and your installation meets the requirements (tough unlikely it doesn't, if this was the case then there would be an entry in the logs). It seems like it is failing in parent class's install method. Check your server logs to see if there is any related errors logged there. Locate /config/config.inc.php file and turn on error display right at the top of the file. Try again and see if any errors are displayed on the screen. If not wait a few days, there is a release scheduled. I will add more checks to thta version to diagnose cases like this.

Hi thanks for the reply.

What i tried is changed 'use smart 2 instead of 3' from yes to no and it installed without errors.

Although I then checked the website and no products were showing :/

Is this due to the theme or what?

Many thanks,

Hmm. what you say does not add up. First you said

Nothing is displayed in 'Log' either,

Now you say

What i tried is changed 'use smart 2 instead of 3' from yes to no and it installed without errors.

As soon as module detects you are using Smarty2 it should have logged that in BO > Tools > Logs. Is this not the case? Willing the module work when requirements are not met will not work.

Okay I'll start from scratch again, 'use smart 2 instead of 3' is set to YES as of before.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

EDIT Sorry, when I say installed with errors, it doesn't install correctly and no logs are left.

UPDATE.

I'll just uploaded it to my website and then clicked ' install '

• multiblockatoh

Still nothing is displayed in 'log'

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,

Forget about the module for a second. Remove it if it is already installed. Then go and change

Use Smarty 2 instead of 3 setting to NO and save

Chek your site, Does it work? If not, then your theme is not compatible with Smarty 3 which is required by the module. So your options are:

a- forget about the module and continue status quo

b- update your theme if there is an update then switch to Smarty 3, then add the module

c- find a decent template that supports Smarty 3, then add the module

Still nothing is displayed in 'log'

I don't know where you are looking for the 'log' but if you have Smarty2 activated after you get the install error message on trying to install the module, there should be an entry under Back Office > Tools > Logs tab of PrestaShop telling you that the module is not compatible with your installation.

What I have just written in this post can be found in several posts that have been made in this thread alrady.

Thanks for the reply.

I changed the Smarty to NO which is no good as the products are not displayed at all

I've emailed the company I bought the theme from as they gave me the free update last time.

If they don't get back to me, I will have to look for a new theme I think.

Only problem is I have customised this theme with colours that match my website so obviously these would have to be adjusted.

Can anyone recommend a good but not too expensive site which sells themes that will work with this and prestashop 1.4

Many thanks,

Thanks for the reply.

You're welcome

Can anyone recommend a good but not too expensive site which sells themes that will work with this and prestashop 1.4

Here

One of the best modules i've seen for PS so far. I praise you for releasing it free to the public! :)

One of the best modules i've seen for PS so far. I praise you for releasing it free to the public! :)

:) Thank you. Such a response makes it worthwile

Thank you for a great module. I currently have one small problem, I have the block position set to 'home' and have used HTML to create a 4 column table, but I am unable to space it down from the module above (but margin-bottom works fine). I have also noticed that in Firefox it doesn't display the text below the above module, but to the right of it (going off the screen).

I'm using the Matrice theme and the module positioned above is the Home Slide Show.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Post (or PM) and address where I can see it please. Turn off all CCC (BO > Prefs Performance) if you use it so I can se the unmodfied source code. If what appears is significantly different also post a screen shot of how you want insertion appearing.

Post (or PM) and address where I can see it please. Turn off all CCC (BO > Prefs Performance) if you use it so I can se the unmodfied source code. If what appears is significantly different also post a screen shot of how you want insertion appearing.

Thank you for the quick reply, unfortunately my site is just running on my computer as a virtual server. I don't know much about CSS and HTML but I suspect the problem is to do with the CSS, maybe I need some kind of FLOAT or CLEAR tag, but I'm not sure. Also I don't know if the CSS and HTML code should be in a separate file, like with a lot of other modules, I have just placed the attached text in the back office:

HTML 4 Column text.txt

I've attached the 2 screenshots, thank you for your help in doing this.

post-331932-0-50716200-1333859813_thumb.jpg

post-331932-0-33584400-1333859819_thumb.jpg

was going to post 2 screenshots on here, but unfortunately I dont know how. I tried dragging and dropping them on to this window but I just got the URLs.

Those URLs are no use to me. When replying to a post if you click on "More Reply Options" button you will have an extended editor. This will allow you to attach files to your post. (edit your previous post and do this now)

While you are at it, try not to post large sections of code. Add the code in a text file and attach it to your posts (edit your other post with the code and do that now pls)

Without seeing the problem on a live site I cannot help you with any CSS problems. I need to see the problem.

CS, JS and HTML can all be added with the module, you do not need any seperate files.

Without seeing the problem on a live site I cannot help you with any CSS problems. I need to see the problem.

I've edited my previous posts and attached the screen shots and HTML code that I'm using. Are you able to see the problem/solution from the info provided or do you need to still see a live site (currently not available)?

Thank you once again for your time and a great module.

The code in the attached txt file is nowhere near valid HTML. Are you copy&pasting from a Word document? I would be happy to help but I need to look at source to be able to do that. If you cannot publish your website, tell me the version of PS you are using, then email me your theme and the HTML content you want to insert. Thanks for tidying up the posts.

The code in the attached txt file is nowhere near valid HTML. Are you copy&pasting from a Word document? I would be happy to help but I need to look at source to be able to do that. If you cannot publish your website, tell me the version of PS you are using, then email me your theme and the HTML content you want to insert. Thanks for tidying up the posts.

Sorry I was having some issues saving the file in txt format on my Mac using Textedit, the file looks ok on my computer but it doesn't surprise me that its not. I have attached an HTML file (I should have probably attached this file in the first place) with the code I pasted into the back office. Hopefully you can view the code in this file and spot the issue, if not I will follow your previous suggestion.

Thank you

Natiro Website HTML text.html

To make it absolutely clear, this is not a problem with the module. The HTML from last attachement is displaying as it should, sans images, and of course it does not make mush sense with default theme. This does not mean much however as it will possibly be effected by the cascading style rules from your theme's CSS.

I either need to see the site live, or be able to replicate exact setup you have to be able to help. You said the former was not possible, then I need the images you are going to be using in the content you are adding and your theme. Please remember you are getting free help for a free module. If you are not able to help me to help you please stop posting and seek professional help.

Please accept my apologies for taking up so much of your time. I am using the Matrice theme with Prestashop 1.4.7, I have attached the theme along with the arrow.jpg that I'm using in the HTML code.

All I was wanting to do was place the HTML text below the slideshow, but in firefox it was displayng it to the right of the slideshow (it displays fine in Safari and Chrome). I assumed this would be a common problem with firefox and the way I wrote the HTML code, but I guess not.

Hopefully you can find the problem with my code or the theme I'm using, if not then I still appreciate the time you have put into trying to help.

I am also currently looking for several modules for my website, if you have created suitable modules I would be more than happy to purchase them from you. I need a horizontal drop down menu and footer similar to what is used by asos.com and made.com

post-331932-0-15614500-1334173700.jpg

I am looking into this. I will post when I have something. Meanwhile if it is not a free theme remove the attachment from your post please; I have a copy downloaded.

I am unable to space it down from the module above. I have also noticed that in Firefox it doesn't display the text below the above module, but to the right of it (going off the screen).

It is generally a better idea to separate styling from HTML content.

1- Delete/edit existing homepage content (home) block in module configuration and add the attached CSS/HTML in block body field.

2- Make sure the block position is set correctly to appear immediately below the home text editor.

3- Results in Firefox, IE and Chrome

4- CSS assumes the arrow image used as bg image to links is in /img/cms/ directory, adjust if you want to store it elsewhere.

5- Adjust top and bottom margins of #homeinsert element as/if required.

Post again if this does not work for you.

• Like 1

Thank you so much phrasespot for all your help and for producing such a great module. The HTML code worked perfectly in firefox and for spacing the block down. I look forward to using more of your modules in the future.

I will not be developing this module any further. Module codebase and rights has been transferred to another member of these forums, Marty Shue of Carolina Custom Designs a PrestaShop Gold Certified agency, who I have no doubt will continue to maintain the quality the users of the module have come to expect. All further queries about the module should be made to Marty.

Reasonable choice, surely you have more and better projects (especially ones with more earnings hehe :P) to focus on.

Personally and sure Im speaking in the name of more people, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your FANTASTIC work with the module, and collaboration with the community.

Iván.

Great module, use it a lot. I just have a wish for a new feature. When adding a code, it would be nice if you could click "save and continue" so you don't have to go back to the specific code to edit it. Would that maybe be in a future update?