Gift Wrapping bug?

When I set a value for Gift-Wrapping it appears in the check out process, but when I check the box next to Gift Wrapping on One Page Checkout, the order TOTAL updates fine, but it won't always show 'Gift-Wrapping' in the cart summary (shopping-cart.tpl).

It's the same with the block cart module in the sidebar. Rarely it will add in the 'Wrapping' line between my 'shipping' and 'total'.

If I add Gift Wrapping and then go to another page and back to checkout, it will display fine, so it seems to be an AJAX thing with the page update without refresh on the checkout page.

It's confusing for the customer, because if they add gift wrapping, the summary at the top doesn't itemise gift wrapping, and the numbers shown don't appear to add up.

See the two screenshots below, I managed to replicate the error to get the two different screen shots.

This page is after refresh and proper page reload. (Displays Gift Wrapping correctly)

post-45482-0-74270100-1314279287_thumb.jpg

This page is when gift wrapping is added on the checkout page without proper page refresh (uses AJAX?) Note the totals include the Gift Wrapping, but it's not itemised.

post-45482-0-83077300-1314279297_thumb.jpg

I've tested this on a couple of different shops and it's the same, so I assume it's nothing to do with my theme.

• 6 months later...