Question regarding themes

This may be obvious to everyone else, but what file do I open to make a screenshot to create my preview.jpg of the changes I have made in my global.css (I have added a background image). I have followed directions (Copy theme, rename, changed background image, uploaded new css changes to web host) but this change is not showing up in my store.

I have also downloaded a theme that I liked and the preview.jpg is not showing up in my preferences>appearance at the bottom of the page - I am not given the option to change my theme from default.

Any help on these 2 theme problems I am having would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Yes. I have downloaded a lovely theme that I got from this forum which comes complete with the preview.jpg. When I log in to my admin controls and go to backoffice>preferences>appearance, There is only the default theme listed, not the new one that I downloaded and then uploaded to my host. I feel that I am somehow doing something wrong but I can't figure out what the problem is.

Thanks for your quick response!
Pursebiz

When I download the new theme, I have created a folder called "newtheme" in my "theme" folder in Prestashop. I just noticed that it's actual location is:
d://wholesalepatterns.com/prestashop/themes/newtheme/ultimate-webshop_for.1.RC3/ultimate-webshop

Could this be what is causing my problem and would it be correct if I put everything in just the "newtheme" folder?
Thanks!