[solved] 1.4 theme issue.

It looks very simple to install a theme but i can't get it to work.

My prestashop version is 14.4.0. I downloaded one theme with 1.4 compatibility from http://addons.presta...lternative.html. I backed up modules folder and uploaded config.xml, modules, and themes folders and then went to preferences/apperance and selected "prestashop_alt" theme and clicked save. It just messes up. This is what i get.....

http://img199.images...110819at121.png

Did i do anything wrong? I did clear the cache folders and all that. I even tried theme installer.. doesn't work at all.. i get some strange error. I would appreciate if you could help me out here. Thanks.

It has been reported Patrick. I should have some feedback soon!

by the way, if it's not a bug or broken, i would like to know what i'm doing wrong. I do this over and over. even i fresh installed over and over. I just can't get it to work properly. I found another template that's compatible with 1.4.4. No luck. Weird. I don't get it.

HI Patrick

Just an idea ,I know when i uploaded a template for 1.4.4.0 it had a sql file to dump for the template to look as purchased, mind you mine wasn't from here so I'm not sure if it would have been the same.

All the best

Chris

HI Patrick

Just an idea ,I know when i uploaded a template for 1.4.4.0 it had a sql file to dump for the template to look as purchased, mind you mine wasn't from here so I'm not sure if it would have been the same.

All the best

Chris

i'm not sure i understand what you mean. I'm new with Prestashop. All I did was I uploaded the modules folder and the new template in the template folder. I just don't know why this simple instruction doesn't work for me.

Patrick,

I forgot to ask ... Did you use theme installer addon to install your theme?

Because most of the time this kind of "bug" is caused by bad uploading of the theme thus the utility of theme installer, to be sure you "correctly" installed the theme.

Hey Carl. :)

Yeah i did try that. I keep getting the error message that says "An error has occurred during the file copy.". I tried one theme from http://addons.prestashop.com/fr/deco-design/931-fennecs.html. I downloaded fennecs.zip and then in "Import from your computer" section, i selected fennecs.zip and pressed next. I get this error...

screenshot20110822at434.png

Am i doing it right? Please let me know. Thanks for getting back to me.

Patrick

EDIT: That theme says version 1.1 support so i don't think it works with 1.4 or 1.4.4. I have 1.4.4 right now. I tried a different theme, http://addons.prestashop.com/fr/2197-prestashop-14-alternatif-2-colonnes.html. It says 1.4 support but I don't know if it will work with 1.4.4. I still get the same error problem, "An error has occurred during the file copy." :(

My prestashop version is 14.4.0. I downloaded one theme with 1.4 compatibility from http://addons.prestashop.com/en/2197-prestashop-14-alternative.html. I backed up modules folder and uploaded config.xml, modules, and themes folders and then went to preferences/apperance and selected "prestashop_alt" theme and clicked save. It just messes up. This is what i get.....

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6051/screenshot20110819at121.png

Did i do anything wrong? I did clear the cache folders and all that. I even tried theme installer.. doesn't work at all.. i get some strange error. I would appreciate if you could help me out here. Thanks.

Hi,

If you want me to have a look, just pm me your admin url and access.

Regards :)

My prestashop version is 14.4.0. I downloaded one theme with 1.4 compatibility from http://addons.prestashop.com/en/2197-prestashop-14-alternative.html. I backed up modules folder and uploaded config.xml, modules, and themes folders and then went to preferences/apperance and selected "prestashop_alt" theme and clicked save. It just messes up. This is what i get.....

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6051/screenshot20110819at121.png

Hi,

If you want me to have a look, just pm me your admin url and access.

Regards :)

hey. thanks for getting back to me. what am i actually looking for and why i'm getting this error message "An error has occurred during the file copy.". Once that error is removed, i'm sure it will work. I just don't understand why i'm having this issue.

Thanks. I appreciate your help. :) I would rather look myself and learn something from it.

Just upload the theme to the themes folder and I bet it works that way!

Log in to your Back Office. Go to Preferences > Performance, check Force compile, uncheck Cache and give it a save(FC should be on YES, and Cache on NO). Now go to Front Office and see if the elements align as they should.

If this doesn't work, you will need to play with the hooks(module positioning) or worst ... you will need to do some changes in css of the module blocks.

Goodluck.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still don't get it! Why am i the only person has this problem. I fresh installed it 4 times and no luck. This is what i did.

1. I install and all permissions are checked. 100% checked.

2. I edit some in preferences/appearance like what cookiefac3 asked me to do.

screenshot20110910at114.png

3. I install "import/export a theme v1.4" and then i click "Configure"

screenshot20110910at115.png

4. I upload "prestashop_alt.zip" from prestashop and it's 1.4. I have 1.4.4.1 right now but I think it should work with 1.4. Please correct if I'm wrong.

screenshot20110910at120.png

5. After I upload prestashop_alt.zip, that's where I get stuck.

screenshot20110910at114.png

What am i doing wrong? I can't figure this out for over a month!! :(

Hi Patrick, alexa 28

Sorry for the delay.

I have double checked the prestashop_alt archive on my side; I have imported the theme a few times without any problem.

You should definitely post your problem on the bug tracker to assign it to a developer. He will surely see what is causing this problem.

Also, did you try to manually install it?

If u have no plm with it then i must have done something wrong. Which folder must be 777 for this? U think it's the server issue?

Yes, I did try install manually and the layout got messed up, I already talked abt this beginning of this thread. U asked me to try theme module thing and now you asked me to try manually. I tried both, nothing works. That's VERY strange. Any ideas?

Regarding the screenshot in post #1 ... looks as if you just need to upload your logo in order to fill the header.

The alt theme has an own module for the logo and you need to upload your logo there (Modules => Front Office => Header logos => configure)

And there is a second module "home advertising". Here you can upload a banner for the right header region. (If the layout is still messed up after uploading the logo you will probably just have to move the position of the header modules).

@bluecafe

OH MY GOD! :o :o :o :o

What you asked fixed my problem completely. I didn't even know I had to go in Modules and install header logo etc etc. I kept going in Preferences => appearance and trying fix the problem. This is what i had before.....

Quick Search block (installed)

Home advertising (uninstalled)

Categories block (uninstalled)

Header logos (uninstalled)

I changed them to this...

Quick Search block (uninstalled)

Home advertising (installed)

Categories block (installed)

Header logos (installed)

There! That fixes the problem! My god!! I'm SO embarrassed that I didn't figure this out over a month BUT I wish someone told me this earlier. I didn't know this was required when you add a new theme. :wacko:

Thanks Bluecafe. You really helped me! :D

• 7 months later...

@bluecafe

OH MY GOD! :o :o :o :o

What you asked fixed my problem completely. I didn't even know I had to go in Modules and install header logo etc etc. I kept going in Preferences => appearance and trying fix the problem. This is what i had before.....

Quick Search block (installed)

Home advertising (uninstalled)

Categories block (uninstalled)

Header logos (uninstalled)

I changed them to this...

Quick Search block (uninstalled)

Home advertising (installed)

Categories block (installed)

Header logos (installed)

There! That fixes the problem! My god!! I'm SO embarrassed that I didn't figure this out over a month BUT I wish someone told me this earlier. I didn't know this was required when you add a new theme. :wacko:

Thanks Bluecafe. You really helped me! :D

Hi,

i cant find the Home advertising (installed) in my module. Im having the same problem you encountered before. Care to shed me some light please. Really appreciate your reply

thanks

ivan

• 5 months later...