Disabling fields in instant checkout

Hi there!

I have just installed the version 1.4.4 and the store will be people buying downloaded items.

I have just enabled the guest checkout and instant checkout, however I would like to edit the fields that it asks you to populate, such as the phone number, company and address etc(as these won't be used and people are reluctant to give these out).

Is there a way to disable these fields?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi there!

I have just installed the version 1.4.4 and the store will be people buying downloaded items.

I have just enabled the guest checkout and instant checkout, however I would like to edit the fields that it asks you to populate, such as the phone number, company and address etc(as these won't be used and people are reluctant to give these out).

Is there a way to disable these fields?

Thanks,

Chris

Hey there, I am also looking for this solution, I need to disable some fields from the instant checkout payment, I tried to use the is_customer_param but it does not work with required fields.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply tomerg3. I can understand that some may need them in. Maybe address is one thing, but I don't think phone number should be mandatory.

I'm guessing these fields have to stay as they are then?

Thanks,

I have only email, first name, last name, address 1, zip code, city, & country (and state if the country needs it). The rest work well with "is_customer_param" in the class.

You must change a lines in AuthController.php and AddressController.php for make the phone not required

It depends on the payment method you use, I believe that for paypal they are required.

We also sell downloadable products on our site (all our modules), and decided to keep those fields, as they help identify potential fraud..

• 4 weeks later...

does anyone know how to disable address in express checkout? i need only first/last name and email. PLEASE help!

ps. i edited classes/address.php and customer.php, deleted them from protected $fieldsRequired, but that didnt work.. these fields are still required...

Hi fandorin,

As Tomer mentioned above, we strongly suggest that you do not remove those fields, because they are there to help deter credit card fraud.

-Mike

thanks for your answer. we will be using external merchant with good, i hope, anti-fraud protection, so that's not a problem. so, if u can give some advice on my question, your help would be very appreciated...