[MODULE] Google Base new BETA version

Paul C

There's something not right as the 0.7.3.5 version doesn't include weights (the shipping section is currently being implemented in the 0.7.4 version along with taxation). Are you certain you're using the latest module version and not an old 0.6 series one?

Paul

Hello Paul,

First off, thanks for your module and all the work you do. We all really appreciate it. I've been having trouble using your module and it's probably my fault and something I'm overlooking. Here's my XML feed: http://store.jobforc...googlebase4.xml

Here are the results after I use your module to select the supplier reference to be used as MPN (and I though GPIN) for the Google feed:

post-243346-0-36103700-1315072866_thumb.png

post-243346-0-64448000-1315072876_thumb.png

What am I doing wrong here?

post-243346-0-36103700-1315072866_thumb.png

post-243346-0-64448000-1315072876_thumb.png

The supplier reference is different from the gtin. The gtin field picks up the UPC database field from Prestashop (if selected). If your catalog has the manufacturers part number in the UPC field, then it isn't going to work. Selecting gtin as "None" is fine though as long as you populate both "manufacturer name" (passed to google as g:brand) and the "supplier reference" (passed to google as g:mpn).

Paul

Hi there,

Yes there's still a problem. umadbro was testing yet another tweaked version - I'm pretty sure it's fixed but didn't want to release yet another version that's identical for en_GB and en_US stores :)

You can grab a copy from:

http://www.ecartservice.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/googlebase_0_7_3_5_1.zip

It's identical to 0.7.3.5 unless your language contains diacritics

Paul

Hi Paul,

Just had a try with your module v0.7.3.5 and found 2 errors in presta v1.3.

1. it gives the same ean code "0002147483647" for all products the ean code is listed

and "0000000000000" for all products the ean is not listed.

2. it adds a double "//" at the end of the domain. ex. mydomain.com//img/p/111-111.jpg

Tnx

• 2 weeks later...

@louis3232 Do you mean that your product descriptions, titles etc. are in upper case in the database? If so then really your best option is to change them there, and if you want to display them on your site pages as all upper case, then use CSS.

Paul

Hi Paul,

just tried uploading newest module 7.3.5 and get this error when trying to go to Modules screen after uploading module - also get same message when trying to go to shipping tab with this module uploaded :

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Currency::getCurrencyInstance() in /home/sinfulte/public_html/classes/Module.php(325) : eval()'d code on line 736

Paul,

Your module is a good clean module. In Australia, price, stock level and weight are all important, as is MPN and EAN.

I am going to try and submit your new output to Google Australia and see what they say. The last time I submitted one they rejected it, but at least they told me why and even engaged in an email conversation with me.. fancy that!

According to their help centre, Google is also now asking (as of 22nd September, 2011) for the following:

Google Product Category:

We have added a new required high-level attribute called [google

product category] that contains the category of the item in Google’s

taxonomy (currently only required for a select number of categories).

This is in addition to the current [product type] attribute.

Here is the taxonomy: http://www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?answer=160081

• 2 weeks later...

Having major problems since this new requirements from Google ! im getting 3 types of errors on the feed.

Missing recommended attribute: brand (507 warnings)

Missing recommended attribute: mpn (507 warnings)

Missing recommended attribute: google product category (507 warnings)

I guess its looking for the brand , the mpn and category ?

I have been looking at this and the only way I can see of adding the google category is to add a new line at line 306 with the following

$item_data .= $this->_xmlElement('g:google_product_category','addyourcategoryhere');

The problem with this is if if have products that fall under different categories then you will have problems.

You can find the google categories at http://www.google.co...y?answer=160081

Currently there is no way that Prestashop will be able to handle the google category as none of the fields available on products are capable of being used for this. You would have to go through and create a new field for products which is a lot of work if you don't know what you are doing.

Thanks Jhnstcks , I was thinking of creating a new data field within phpmyadmin called google_product_category if the field is NULL the prestashop system shouldn't have a problem but you would still have to put in all the product cats manually

I think the best solution is too manually create a spreadsheet with all the columns that google wants and maybe add some more that supports the new feed. Yes this is a long and painful process but once the spreadsheet is created its just a case of adding new stock and changing prices save as a CSV and upload each week or month.

I can see why google have added these requirements as on many search results products are listed rather than search results. Not many people will have the MPN codes or EAN13 for most of their products which is fine aslong as you have product category added.

UPDATE**

Generated a XML feed and implemented it to my Google Base. Everything looks great as of right now, hope everything goes well once it is searchable in Google's product catalog.

How would I go about putting the product into the correct categories? If my taxnomomy is

Text: "Vehicles & Parts > Automotive Parts > Automotive Lighting > Automotive Headlights"

XML: Vehicles & Parts > Automotive Parts > Automotive Lighting > Automotive Headlights

How would I go about inputting this into my XML? Would I add a column and name it "ns1:google_product_category" or simply "google_product_category"?

669htt.jpg

By the way awesome module Paul!

Would it be possible if the product meta keywords could be used for the product_category_type ? google no longer crawls the meta keywords so its a wasted attribute.

Otherwise its a manual task updating this field as Prestashop categories don't match.

If you download the new product_list sample from google in excel format you will see the required layouts.

http://www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?answer=160567

I have received some errors when I did this months google base updates based on the new enforcement of googles new requirements.

I had to make some changes to the googlebase.php code.. starting at line 88 Please note the Product category is based on google's taxonomy. This was able to better retrieve the brand, the ID number, the condition and the manufacturer part number.. all part of the new googlebase..therefore you would need to look up your product category in googles taxonomy list here and edit this field below with the proper google category on yours. Mine was vehicles and parts for this site. Use the link above to find yours and change your code below (example here in RED) for the "<g:google_product_category>Vehicles & Parts</g:google_product_category>\n" part of the code to your category in the taxonomy list above.

I hope this helps anyone trying to get better rankings on google shopping for thier products.. it has my site turbosupplycenter.com dominating the entire first page now with any part number look up on my site. I tested it and it worked perfectly with NO google errors.

. "<title>".xml_convert($Product['name'])."</title>\n"
			. "<g:brand>".$Product['manufacturer_name']."</g:brand>\n"
			. "<g:condition>new</g:condition>\n"
			  . "<description><![CDATA[".$Product['description']."]]></description>\n"
			. "<g:expiration_date>$expire_date</g:expiration_date>\n"
			. "<g:id>".$Product['reference']."</g:id>\n"
			   . "<guid>".$Product['reference']."</guid>\n"
			. "<g:image_link>".'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].__PS_BASE_URI__.'img/p/'.$image[0]['id_product'].'-'.$image[0]['id_image'].'-large.jpg'."</g:image_link>\n"
			. "<link>".htmlspecialchars($link->getProductLink($Product['id_product'], $Product['link_rewrite']))."</link>\n"
			. "<g:price>".Product::getPriceStatic(intval($Product['id_product']))."</g:price>\n"		
			. "<g:gtin>".htmlentities($Product['ean13'])."</g:gtin>\n"
			 . "<g:availability>In Stock</g:availability>\n"
			. "<g:google_product_category>Vehicles & Parts</g:google_product_category>\n"
			. "<g:product_type>".$Product['id_category_default']."</g:product_type>\n"
	   	 . "<g:mpn>".$Product['reference']."</g:mpn>\n";
			if ($Product['weight']>0)
				$items .= "<g:weight>".$Product['weight']." ".Configuration::get('PS_WEIGHT_UNIT')."</g:weight>\n";
			$items .= "</item>\n\n";				

$this->_addToFeed($item);

}

Well that was not so good, I installed the update and now..

MORE ERRORS THAN EVER! I would really like to know why the supplier reference number and not the REFERENCE field is being used as the Unique identififer and i want the manufacturer name to be my brand name..

This has my id #'s as: pcen-1, that is not even in my product detail?? Where is it coming from and

This php file i can not even view in dreamweaver to fix.

This is the response from Google. I am going back to my older version.

Item Errors 315 items affected

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Missing required attribute: condition (315 errors)

Please make sure you include all required attributes in your data feed.

Examples: Item ID Line Nr. pcen-16 96 Show Item pcen-27 288 Show Item pcen-32 356 Show Item pcen-45 657 Show Item pcen-67 1,011 Show Item

Item Warnings 743 items affected

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Invalid UPC value (315 warnings)

Please make sure the value is a valid UPC value. Learn more.

Examples: Item ID Line Nr. Value pcen-13 74 0000000000000 Show Item pcen-14 92 0000000000000 Show Item pcen-35 440 0000000000000 Show Item pcen-49 722 0000000000000 Show Item pcen-87 1,281 0000000000000 Show Item

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Missing recommended attribute: google product category (315 warnings)

While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Missing recommended attribute: image link (57 warnings)

While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Missing recommended attribute: mpn (46 warnings)

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Missing recommended attribute: brand (7 warnings)

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Missing recommended attribute: product type (3 warnings)

Tina,

I was reading your second to last post about the Google Product Category for your vehicle and parts taxonomy, and I attempting to add taxonomy for the product's in my store as well.

For the Google Product Category, would I export the file using the module then open it with Excel in XML format? From there add a new column (or column pre-added) where I would fill in the appropriate section?

I.E. for Column

Google_Product_Category

"Apparel & Accessories > Clothing"

Save then upload to Google Base?

Or am I supposed to perform these changes by editing te module's files?

Last, I am not sure about the correct attribute to put for CA residents as well. From looking at the .txt template you have on your website, I believe its "US:CA:8.25:y"

Your help is very much appreciated, and I thank you for taking the time out of your day for reading my message.

Philip

Wooerr thats lots of errors, if the old version works for you then might aswell stick with it.

Well that was not so good, I installed the update and now..

MORE ERRORS THAN EVER! I would really like to know why the supplier reference number and not the REFERENCE field is being used as the Unique identififer and i want the manufacturer name to be my brand name..

This has my id #'s as: pcen-1, that is not even in my product detail?? Where is it coming from and

This php file i can not even view in dreamweaver to fix.

This is the response from Google. I am going back to my older version.

Item Errors 315 items affected

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Missing required attribute: condition (315 errors)

Please make sure you include all required attributes in your data feed.

Examples: Item ID Line Nr. pcen-16 96 Show Item pcen-27 288 Show Item pcen-32 356 Show Item pcen-45 657 Show Item pcen-67 1,011 Show Item

Item Warnings 743 items affected

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Invalid UPC value (315 warnings)

Please make sure the value is a valid UPC value. Learn more.

Examples: Item ID Line Nr. Value pcen-13 74 0000000000000 Show Item pcen-14 92 0000000000000 Show Item pcen-35 440 0000000000000 Show Item pcen-49 722 0000000000000 Show Item pcen-87 1,281 0000000000000 Show Item

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Missing recommended attribute: google product category (315 warnings)

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Missing recommended attribute: image link (57 warnings)

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Missing recommended attribute: mpn (46 warnings)

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Missing recommended attribute: brand (7 warnings)

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Missing recommended attribute: product type (3 warnings)

I am all messed up.. I was editing version 5 of this software, then I read the above post and upgraded it to the latest one.. now my code is useless, I can not find where to edit it and the file is worse than ever.

Starting all over with version 5.

I would not edit it in an excell file. I edited only the PHP file and then just clicked update feed file in the back office of this module.

Once you edit it in the php file it will update your entire feed file to include it.

Hi Tina,

. "<title>".xml_convert($Product['name'])."</title>\n"
						    . "<g:brand>".$Product['manufacturer_name']."</g:brand>\n"
						    . "<g:condition>new</g:condition>\n"
							  . "<description><![CDATA[".$Product['description']."]]></description>\n"
						    . "<g:expiration_date>$expire_date</g:expiration_date>\n"
						    . "<g:id>".$Product['reference']."</g:id>\n"
							   . "<guid>".$Product['reference']."</guid>\n"
						    . "<g:image_link>".'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].__PS_BASE_URI__.'img/p/'.$image[0]['id_product'].'-'.$image[0]['id_image'].'-large.jpg'."</g:image_link>\n"
						    . "<link>".htmlspecialchars($link->getProductLink($Product['id_product'], $Product['link_rewrite']))."</link>\n"
						    . "<g:price>".Product::getPriceStatic(intval($Product['id_product']))."</g:price>\n"		   
						    . "<g:gtin>".htmlentities($Product['ean13'])."</g:gtin>\n"
							 . "<g:availability>In Stock</g:availability>\n"
						    . "<g:google_product_category>Vehicles & Parts</g:google_product_category>\n"
						    . "<g:product_type>".$Product['id_category_default']."</g:product_type>\n"
					 . "<g:mpn>".$Product['reference']."</g:mpn>\n";
						    if ($Product['weight']>0)
								    $items .= "<g:weight>".$Product['weight']." ".Configuration::get('PS_WEIGHT_UNIT')."</g:weight>\n";
						    $items .= "</item>\n\n";							   

$this->_addToFeed($item);

}

Isn't by adding that code you specify all your products to go only go to one section? No ability to individually set the accurate taxonomy to the specific product type?

For those PS users who need more control over the information being sent to google base I would recommend XML convertor. Basically use the current XML generator to create the XML file then open the file in this application and then convert it to either XLS , CSV and edit to your requirements.

This allows you to tidy up the feed , such as removing CSS Style tags also hours of work creating a manual feed. You can trial the software here.

• Like 1

Thanks Tina, will have a go with that. In terms of the link for the taxonomy, the one you have was just for vehicles. here is the total list:

http://www.google.co...y?answer=160081

From there, I can see i need to use

Hardware > Hardware Accessories > Nuts & Bolts

Oops, just realised that code was old

So i added this to googlebase.php

UNDER HERE

// google product category <g:google_product_category /> - Google's category of the item (TODO: support this!)

PUT THIS

$item_data .= $this->_xmlElement ('g:google_product_category', "Hardware > Hardware Accessories > Nuts & Bolts" );

Obviously you need your own categoruy from the link given (http://www.google.co...y?answer=160081

)

This seems to work and keep Google happy, but it does mean that ALL your products have to have the same category - fine for now I suppose

I wonder of the developers (or someone who knows how to code) could modify this module so that it asks a question "Which PS category do you want to create feed for") we then select the category, then a siple text box where we can type in the Google category from the link

The feed would then be created - it would obviously be more manual that automatic but it would do the job because you can submit more than one feed

The Google product type is "recommended" i.e. not mandatory and is on the list of things to add. Ideally you would be able to add fields to the admin screens (so you could select a type on each product page), but sadly this isn't trivial to do, and would require versions of the module for every Prestashop release. I'm looking at implementing it at the category level (so you can assign a google product type per category).

I'm happy to have suggestions for enhancements/improvements, but do remember that this has been developed in my own time for free, and at times I have to concentrate on making a living too :D

There is a slight problem in the Prestashop version detection code that may affect various things for versions 1.3.x and below.

The code is currently:

$version_mask = explode('.', _PS_VERSION_, 2);

$this->_compat = (int)implode('', $version_mask);

But should be:

$version_mask = explode('.', _PS_VERSION_, 3);

$this->_compat = (int)(($version_mask[0]*10) + $version_mask[1]);

On other points. The supplier_reference was chosen as it maps to "manufacturer part number", "reference" would then be used for your own internal stock control. I guess it would work the same the other way around, but seemed to make more sense that way. The manufacturer SHOULD map to the brand, although there only appear to be a few warnings for brand Tina, so maybe some are missing/invalid? In later versions when attributes are expanded out into individual products, then the supplier_reference from the attribute will be used here instead of the "parent" product value.

The "gid" (guid is deprecated) that starts with the 'pcxx-' prefix is just to ensure a unique identifier (pc plus the iso language the feed is generated for plus the product id from the database). It can just be the product id if you're comfortable with that, but won;t make any difference to the product listing, except in the case of duplication.

If you don't have valid UPC codes, then you should select "none" for the 'Global Trade Item Numbers' field. This is fine as long as you specify a manufacturer part numbers and a brand.

I'm working on taxation and shipping at the moment, then I'll be implementing the Google product type and product attributes ("variations").

Paul

For those PS users who need more control over the information being sent to google base I would recommend XML convertor. Basically use the current XML generator to create the XML file then open the file in this application and then convert it to either XLS , CSV and edit to your requirements.

This allows you to tidy up the feed , such as removing CSS Style tags also hours of work creating a manual feed. You can trial the software here.

If you really want to hand-craft a feed, then I would suggest downloading the data as csv. There's a nice FREE (not trial) piece of software called CSVed available from http://csved.sjfrancke.nl/ that can flip a csv into an xml file (the elements are taken from the column headings, and you specify the item tags)...

It's also a really useful tool for just general CSV manipulation operations.

Paul

If you really want to hand-craft a feed, then I would suggest downloading the data as csv. There's a nice FREE (not trial) piece of software called CSVed available from http://csved.sjfrancke.nl/ that can flip a csv into an xml file (the elements are taken from the column headings, and you specify the item tags)...

It's also a really useful tool for just general CSV manipulation operations.

Paul

Thank you , yes you are right a CSV Editor such as this is perfect no need for XML.

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason I just spotted that the prices that were getting imported were only listing the RRP price from my feed. When I looked into it a bit more it would appear that the g:sale_price field is being ignore by the google importer!

So I have made a small change to googlebase.php as below. Search for

//2. Availability & Price

and replace that section with the following. Now my import shows the correct price which is great as my store is now competitive.

// 2. Availability & Price

$item_data .= $this->_xmlElement('g:availability',$this->getAvailability($product['quantity']));

// Price is WITHOUT any reduction

$price = $this->_getCompatiblePrice($product['id_product']);

// TODO: If there is an active discount, then include it

$price_with_reduction = $this->_getCompatibleSalePrice($product['id_product']);

if ($price_with_reduction !== $price)

$item_data .= $this->_xmlElement('g:price',$price_with_reduction);

if ($price_with_reduction == $price)

$item_data .= $this->_xmlElement('g:price', $price);

I do not know why the g:sale_price has stopped working but this solution does work and I have tested it fully.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys always manually process the feeds after adding/amending products or have you included this in your AdminProducts.php to run whilst saving products? I'm looking to do it myself, but I'm confused as to the exact file I'd specify for my 'include'.

Be interesting to hear what solutions you use.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just tried to get this mod to work again, now when i click on generate xml feed. all i get is Fatal error I have show errors on in the config file. So i reinstalled the original vers which i know it ran just the feed was rejected and i get the same errror. No idea why its not running now any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - Spoke a little too soon in the last post. It works perfectly in English, but in other languages the category names (<g:product_type>) come out wrong, the problem seems to be with accents.

Any idea how to solve this?

prestashop: 1.4.6.2

module: googlebase_0_7_3_5_1.zip

error in the php code:

Notice: Undefined index: active in C:\Apache22\htdocs\live\modules\googlebase\googlebase.php on line 749

in function getLanguages update the SQL to include select active:

SELECT `id_lang`, `name`, `iso_code`, `active`

-----------------------------

In the Feed Generated tab the url ponting to Google Base feed does not use __PS_BASE_URI__ is one is set.

-----------------------------

Notice: Undefined variable: item_data in C:\server\Apache22\htdocs\live\modules\googlebase\googlebase.php on line 303

initialized $item_data = '';

----------------------------

Warning: Function hideCategoryPosition() is deprecated in C:\server\Apache22\htdocs\live\modules\googlebase\googlebase.php on line 194

in C:\server\Apache22\htdocs\live\classes\Tools.php on line 1930

-------------------------------

Notice: Undefined property: GoogleBase::$compat in C:\server\Apache22\htdocs\live\modules\googlebase\googlebase.php on line 315

$this->compat need to add underscore symbol before compat

if ((int)$this->_compat > 13)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

can anyone tell me if this module supports combination prices as 3 of my main categories have the price field in the info tab set to 0.00 and i use the combinations tab to input my prices as each product can come in 8 different sizes and each size can come in various colors otherwise i would have hundreds of product pages, i know this is a free module but i don't know of any of the Google shopping modules having this function, any info

Many Thanks

Thanks i love it.

I'm missing google product category.

I need Kleding en accessoires

I think if that you can use:

$item_data .= $this->_xmlElement('g:product_type',$this->getPath($product['id_category_default']));

And replase the id_category_default by Kleding en accessoires

Then you get something like:

$item_data .=$this->_xmlElement('g:google_product_category' ,$this->getPath($product['Kleding en accessoires']));

But i dont know how to add Kleding en accessoires the good way

Kleding en accessoires is not a database object so it must be hardcoded

Maybe you can use this:

echo "\t\t\t<g:google_product_category>";

echo "Kleding en accessoires";

echo "</g:google_product_category>\n";

Very useful module, I do have a couple of questions relating to the product identification fields required by google base.

All of my products are one brand - the name of my shop - so I want each product to be classified as this. What I'm wondering is, would it possible to edit the googlebase.php file so that it generates an xml feed that includes field along side every product?

<g:brand>My Brand</g:brand>

Also, for the MPN field instead of supplier reference I'd like the product reference from my shop to be used instead. Any ideas what would need to be changed?

Help appreciated!

Hi guys! I just wondering is anyone who can tech me how to fix this problem? I'm using the Prestashop v1.4.6.2 & Google Base module v0.7.3.5.1. Appreciate!

I'd 400 different product on my site but I don't understand why the Google Base just generated 109 product only! How to add the google product category & product type?

Missing recommended attribute: google product category (108 warnings)

Missing recommended attribute: google product type (2 warnings)

Uploaded on Mar 5, 2012 12:55 am PST

108 of 109 items inserted - Processed on Mar 5, 2012 12:56 am PST

Destinations: Product Ads, Product Search, Search API for Shopping

Just got this setup and it's working great! Thank you uploader! One request - is there any way we can adjust it to pull the product ID from the Reference? Would just make it easier to search items within our backend... Again, big thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried to get this mod to work again, now when i click on generate xml feed. all i get is Fatal error I have show errors on in the config file. So i reinstalled the original vers which i know it ran just the feed was rejected and i get the same errror. No idea why its not running now any help.

i have the same Fatal error... i reported the dev errors to Paul ...hope he replies soon. thanks

• Like 1

I could use some help. I'm using your great module, but Google keeps rejecting my products.

"Items may soon fail to process due to missing Tax and Shipping or invalid Google Product Category values. View warnings under 'x of x items inserted'"

But my Shop is in the Netherlands, so as stated in the help (http://merchant-cent...ess-due-to.html) I only need shipping info and this is set in the Dashboard and no tax info or GPC value. What am I doing wrong?

I could use some help. I'm using your great module, but Google keeps rejecting my products.

"Items may soon fail to process due to missing Tax and Shipping or invalid Google Product Category values. View warnings under 'x of x items inserted'"

But my Shop is in the Netherlands, so as stated in the help (http://merchant-cent...ess-due-to.html) I only need shipping info and this is set in the Dashboard and no tax info or GPC value. What am I doing wrong?

Ik had het zelfde probleem.

( I had the same problem).

Ik heb het zo veranderd:

( I changed it like this):

1: open googlebase.php

2: search for

$item_data .= $this->_xmlElement('g:mpn',$product['supplier_reference']);

3: after that: I added

$verzendex = $product['additional_shipping_cost'];

$verzendinc = $verzendex*1.19;

// WHERE 19% is the tax

$verzendinc = round($verzendinc,2);

$verzendinc = number_format((float)$verzendinc, 2, '.', '');

$item_data .= $this->_xmlElement('g:shipping',' <g:country>NL</g:country>

<g:price>'.$verzendinc.' EUR</g:price>');

For some reason google have rejected all my products, (disallowed or invalid) they were working fine last month,

When I log into the google dashboard it says "Items may soon fail to process due to missing Tax and Shipping or invalid Google Product Category values. View warnings under 'x of x items inserted'"

Our shop is in the UK and we do not turn over enough to charge VAT.

Can anyone advise how I can fix this problem,

Nick

For some reason google have rejected all my products, (disallowed or invalid) they were working fine last month,

When I log into the google dashboard it says "Items may soon fail to process due to missing Tax and Shipping or invalid Google Product Category values. View warnings under 'x of x items inserted'"

Our shop is in the UK and we do not turn over enough to charge VAT.

Can anyone advise how I can fix this problem,

Nick

Nick, it will more than likely be to do with the shipping fees. If you have free shipping or a flat rate, simply tell Google merchant in the tax & shipping. If you use shipping by weight you need to set uop a fee table in Google merchant, then add the weight of your product to the feed

It took me a few goes to work it all out, but it works now

• 2 weeks later...

All the time i get this error:

Notice: Undefined index: active in L:\xampp\htdocs\modules\googlebase\googlebase.php on line 749

Notice: Undefined variable: item_data in L:\xampp\htdocs\modules\googlebase\googlebase.php on line 303

Notice: Undefined property: GoogleBase::$compat in L:\xampp\htdocs\modules\googlebase\googlebase.php on line 313

This repeats every time version Googlebase v0.7.3.5.1 (minor release to test fix for diacritics in product type) and 1.4.7. IS there soneone who knows the solution?

Paul, Thanks so much for writing this module! It's working great for me.

I hard coded a few lines to include the google product category based on my own categories. With your great code as a guide it was pretty straightforward.

I made the changes you suggested:

The code is currently:

$version_mask = explode('.', _PS_VERSION_, 2);

$this->_compat = (int)implode('', $version_mask);

But should be:

$version_mask = explode('.', _PS_VERSION_, 3);

$this->_compat = (int)(($version_mask[0]*10) + $version_mask[1]);

But there still seems to be something fishy about the compat. (I'm running PS 1.4.3 and GB 0.7.3.5.) For some reason, though, the condition still wasn't getting set correctly. Since I'm using PS 1.4.3, I felt it was safe to comment out the if condition and voila it worked perfectly!

//if ((int)$this->compat > 13)

$item_data .= $this->_xmlElement('g:condition', $this->_getCompatibleCondition($product['condition']));

//else

// $item_data .= $this->_xmlElement('g:condition',$this->_getCompatibleCondition($this->default_condition));

Since Google lets you provide a shipping schedule in the Google Merchant settings, I only had to add the shipping_weight to get rid of those warnings:

// Shipping Weight

if ($product['weight'] > 0)

$item_data .= $this->_xmlElement('g:shipping_weight',$product['weight']." ".Configuration::get('PS_WEIGHT_UNIT'));

(Thanks, Tina for the code you posted. It provided a helpful guide for grabbing the unit type. I don't know all the ins and outs of Prestashop code and I'm only a rudimentary PHP coder.)

Paul, just thought you might want to know about the compat weirdness.

Thanks so much for such a great and essential module!

Hi, thanks for this great module.

I added in the php file some line to associate my shop category to google category and added shipping weight and cost.

I just tried to convert the module in a simpler script to be placed in the site root, so to be updated at every new call, moreover with some change, I could use it for other sites like kelkoo and so on.

Is there a way to convert it in a few lines?

I tired to do it by myself, but i'm not a programmer and after 3 days I got almost all the data, but with too many tricks, removing cache check and I'm not able to get pricing. Many of the code in the page gives fatal error if used out of the module.

I would like to manually add at the top of the page the data stored in the module (currency, language, and so on).

Thanks a lot

Nadia

Salut merci j'ai trouvé en utilisant internet explirer mais pas sous mozilla..effectivement dans le readme ca serait une bonne idée :) en tout cas super module! une question est il possible de mettre une barre de progression plutot qu'afficher tous les mails un par un? bonne soirée merci pour la réactivité

forumlinkbuilding company

IT Support

And in english?

• 3 weeks later...

Problems with EAN

I am a bit baffled. I recently purchased EAN numbers for our products so that I can list on Amazon

I have added them to our products on Prestashop

post-246958-0-02097000-1336924565_thumb.png

In the googlebase module I have ticked to use EAN

post-246958-0-22106900-1336924621_thumb.png

I then updated the file and upload the file to Google, but the EAN number has changed

post-246958-0-21328800-1336924684_thumb.png

Any ideas?

Hello

I'm a bit confused , can you help , please ?

I've generated a feed and it looks like on this image I attached.

Is it correct ?

And if yes what should I do with it ?

I know it may sound silly but I realy don't know how to add it to google merchant .

Thanks in advance

David

capture-20120515-211435.png

Edited by dawid_g (see edit history)

Hello

I'm a bit confused , can you help , please ?

I've generated a feed and it looks like on this image I attached.

Is it correct ?

And if yes what should I do with it ?

I know it may sound silly but I realy don't know how to add it to google merchant .

Thanks in advance

David

capture-20120515-211435.png

You need to create a google merchat account

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?hl=en_GB&nui=1&service=merchants&continue=http://www.google.co.uk/merchants/default&followup=http://www.google.co.uk/merchants/default&passive=true

Then in that account, set up a datafeed. The link to the datafeed is the URL of the feed you are showing here

Problems with EAN

I am a bit baffled. I recently purchased EAN numbers for our products so that I can list on Amazon

I have added them to our products on Prestashop

post-246958-0-02097000-1336924565_thumb.png

In the googlebase module I have ticked to use EAN

post-246958-0-22106900-1336924621_thumb.png

I then updated the file and upload the file to Google, but the EAN number has changed

post-246958-0-21328800-1336924684_thumb.png

Any ideas?

Bump - Anyone?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

i have this error :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1122 bytes) in /home/digitalemp/domains/XXXX.eu/public_html/classes/MySQL.php on line 159

I think the error is due to the fact that exports all the products, you can choose the categories to be exported ?

With prestashop 1.4.8.2 i use Google Base Feed Products version 0.7.3.5 when i try to make a xport file i get a fatal error with no extra information in the backoffice from prestashop.

And as result a Blank export xml file in the root of prestashop.

What could be wrong?

Peter

Edited by petb (see edit history)