Paul C

[MODULE] Google Base new BETA version

Hi Folks,

Finally, after a long, long time I've updated my take on the Google Product Search feed generator.

The intention is to extend it to take account of all the various country rules and regulations, but for now this implements the current minimum for most cases (Sorry to folks in the US, but the additional requirements for Clothing and Variations aren't in there yet).

The main outstanding issue that I would expect to see is blank pages when running on shared hosting and having a large product inventory. This is often due to memory and/or execution time limits on the server. I'm hoping to add more features to help mitigate this in future versions.

I was going to hold off releasing this until it was a bit more developed, but had second thoughts, and here it is.

In pre 1.4 versions it should appear under "Tools" and in 1.4+ under "Advertising & Marketing".

Any help testing is most appreciated.

EDIT: I've added a page on my site with a form at the bottom to submit bug reports:

Google Product Search Beta Information and Bug Reporting

*** Latest Versions will always be attached to this first post ***

Paul

googlebase_0_7_1.zip

googlebase_0_7_2.zip

googlebase_0_7_3_1.zip

googlebase_0_7_3_2.zip

googlebase_0_7_3_3.zip

googlebase_0_7_3_4.zip

googlebase_0_7_3_5.zip

• Like 4

Hi Folks,

Finally, after a long, long time I've updated my take on the Google Product Search feed generator.

The intention is to extend it to take account of all the various country rules and regulations, but for now this implements the current minimum for most cases (Sorry to folks in the US, but the additional requirements for Clothing and Variations aren't in there yet).

The main outstanding issue that I would expect to see is blank pages when running on shared hosting and having a large product inventory. This is often due to memory and/or execution time limits on the server. I'm hoping to add more features to help mitigate this in future versions.

I was going to hold off releasing this until it was a bit more developed, but had second thoughts, and here it is.

In pre 1.4 versions it should appear under "Tools" and in 1.4+ under "Advertising & Marketing".

Any help testing is most appreciated.

Paul

Thanks Paul! Have installed it ready to go! My site won't be live for a few days yet, but when it is, I will happily test it. Many thanks for your kind contribution!

Wendy

• Like 1

No items inserted.

and always show You have not yet configured your Google Product Search feed!

@magpole What version of Prestashop are you using, and did you enter a description for the feed? You need to enter something in the description box and click the "Update Settings" box at the bottom the first time you use it. I'm wondering if a default might have been a good idea...

Paul

Tested on PS 1.3.7

- Module is on "advertising_marketing " tab not in "Tools"

- There is no currency in dropdown list and Store default =

- On xml file there are still html on <description><p><br /></p></description>

- Image link is not full <g:image_link>/boutique/61-54/item.jpg</g:image_link>

- uninstall issue with this module, the uninstall is not correctly done

I don't have a 1.3 install currently (am building one now) so many thanks for that jovil. Uploaded 0.7.2 to the first post.

1. Not absolutely sure why it's not appearing in tools, have added {compat=xx} text to the title at the top of the config screen and it would be good if you could let me know what that is saying... I have changed the logic for compatibility a little just in case anyway.

2. There are differences in the table. Hoping it's fixed now....

3. There should be a CDATA around i to ensure that the feed is valid, but I'm not certain whether html is allowed or not....

4. Image links should be fixed - I assumed that 1.3 generated similar to 1.4 Doh.

5. What happens at uninstall? There's nothing particularly complex going on in there...

Paul

5. What happens at uninstall? There's nothing particularly complex going on in there...

I had the same uninstall problem before with other releases of your module.

When I uninstall and erase the module file, I have a warning message on BO module page " a module cant' be find".

To resolve this issue I ve added

return false;

return true;

to uninstall function

@jovil That's really weird. I have noticed that in 1.4.4 (and I assume earlier versions) if you click "delete" against an installed module, then copy the files back to the server via ftp, then refresh the Back Office page, it thinks it's still installed.... I would have thought it would have run uninstall() on the module first before deleting but looking at the code, it doesn't...

The whole uninstall could be deleted as the only reason for having it is because I don't like the config table filling up with module settings for modules that are no longer in use. For that reason I delete them in the uninstall function. Nobody else appears to though, so maybe I should just give up on that lol

Paul

OMG! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!.... I have been trying to fix the Image URL for weeks now. YOU ARE AWESOME! I tested it with 1.4.3 and it works PERFECT!

Thanks

Chris

www.aacstudio.com

dear, my version is 1.4.3. I input something in the description. The feed file can be generated. But the upc number is not that I input in the upc tab.

Thank you for this great job.

The UPC number is padded out to 12 digits (leading 0's) It HAS to be a number - are you using numeric UPC codes, or using that field for something else?

Paul

Three warning after upload feedto google base:

1,Missing recommended attribute: shipping weight (10 warnings)

2,Invalid UPC value (10 warnings)

3,Missing recommended attribute: google product category (10 warnings)

How can I do more?

here is my site: http://www.newneocube.com

the speed of page is so slow

@magpole

1. The shipping weight warnings should be solved in future releases when I add the logic to include shipping (and tax) information. Should be soon.

You don't need the UPC or EAN13 code (so the gtin choice of EAN13 or UPC will also include an optional "None" in future releases) as long as you DO have BOTH the Manufacturer and the Manufacturer Part Number (MPN). The MPN value is taken as the "Supplier Reference" field currently, so you can fill in those values -- I'm considering making this also a choice i.e. between "Reference", "Supplier Reference" or "None" (the latter is only for people specifying an EAN13/UPC code!), again in the next sub-release or two. Can you send me the url of the feed on your site so I can see what's happening with the UPC field please? A note of what's entered in the database for one of the affected products would be good too.

The Google Product Category is a little more tricky, although not impossible (I'm deliberately ignoring it for now as it is optional). This will require a mapping between the store category and the "official" Google categories (at category level) or will need a second category structure somehow so a product can be placed in the Google categories individually.

Paul

A very nice product.

i will test it with the french portal of google base and come back to you soon

bravo !

@mgamer20o0 You need to register with Google Merchant Center and then upload your xml file. Currently there is no automated generation or ftp upload.

Paul

Paul,

Google is now requiring attributes and weights and UPC codes. Can you please help me with this by adding these to your module. I love it!

Thank you so much!

Regards,

Tina

Tina, these are currently required for US users only but yes I'll be adding for support for them shortly... at the moment they're still optional for non-clothing items though (but will generate warnings; plus, if your competitors are using them, then it stands to reason that you'll need to as well...).

Paul

Paul, I can not wait :) Thank you so much for your very hard work and effort. Yes I am in USA, Florida.

So I need them.. also some of my sites have major competition.. I struggle to keep ahead of those guys.

The US deadline is September 22nd. Do you think you wil have that updated prior to then?

Thanks again, so much, Tina

I can't get this to install. I click on install but and it gives the message that its installed but i still has the red X and it will not let me at any of the config stuff.

@devilsown Did you have an older version of the module installed previously or is this the first time you've installed it? Have you also tried refreshing the page to see if it subsequently shows as installed?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm using PS 1.4.3 and have been desperately waiting for a module like this, because since my update every other module I've tried couldn't export the image link.

Your module seems to export the image link just fine but sadly Google doesn't accept my feed.

It tells me there are xml errors in the feed and also the wrong rss-/atom form...

Also since my shop is German it be great if your module could export the titles and description the way they are in the shop. Because it replaces letters like "ä", "ü", "ö", and "ß" with other sign combinations. Maybe that is also the problem Google has with my feed?!?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!

Chris

@umadbro Can you send me a link to an example of what's being generated please so I can have a look (also the store address where the products are displaying correctly would be good, if not at the same url).

Regards,

Paul

No, i didn't have the modual installed before. I am using 1.4.4

Yes i tried refreshing the page. Its not lettting me delete the modual on the bo side. If i manual remove the files and then add them back then click install again i get a message that they are already installed.

But i still see a red x and i can't find anywhere where i can config it.

only thing i can think of is this modual is butting heads with another that i have installed.

post-153709-0-80871000-1314108591_thumb.png

it was either a smarty issue or caching issue etc. I turned both off and the modual worked.

Hi I really want to give this a try and was wondering if any of you could help:

I sell mostly clothing and accessories. None of these items have unique identifiers / numbers. Does that mean that it will not be possible for me to use?

Thanks in advance all!

Stephen

If you're in the US then as of next month all clothing items must be listed individually by attributes (i.e. each colour/size combination) with two of the following:

1. Manufacturer

2. Manufacturer part number

3. UPC code (EAN in the EU/elsewhere as applicable)

Paul

If you're in the US then as of next month all clothing items must be listed individually by attributes (i.e. each colour/size combination) with two of the following:

1. Manufacturer

2. Manufacturer part number

3. UPC code (EAN in the EU/elsewhere as applicable)

Paul

Hi Paul I'm located in the UK. I have the manufacturer but no part number or UPC?

Thanks,

Stephen

no, you can actually still use it but as of September 22nd google will ignore your upload file that does not have unique identifiers. I personally would add UPC and reference numbers to every item in your store then do this.. the idea is that google will post your products in google shopping searches. It has rules. go to merchant.google.com for more information.

no, you can actually still use it but as of September 22nd google will ignore your upload file that does not have unique identifiers. I personally would add UPC and reference numbers to every item in your store then do this.. the idea is that google will post your products in google shopping searches. It has rules. go to merchant.google.com for more information.

Thanks - so I can just make up my own unique numbers?

The problem is that you could but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get your products viewed/they will do you as much good as they would if Google could show your products alongside other retailers.

The higher the quality of information, then the more benefit you'll get basically.

Paul

The problem is that you could but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get your products viewed/they will do you as much good as they would if Google could show your products alongside other retailers.

The higher the quality of information, then the more benefit you'll get basically.

Paul

Thanks Paul.

For example - if you search for Tateossian cufflinks (http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=tateossian+cufflinks)

Some items appear there but I'm 99% sure they won't have an official unique number which is the same across all of those shops.

Your manufacturer who gave you the original product file should have those numbers for you. Unless you manufacture your own stuff you should use those numbers. Also the UPC's they can provide. Ask them for a file update, then just re-import the entire thing. Better safe than sorry.. plus the more data in your store the better the chance that google will find it in search results anyway.

Your manufacturer who gave you the original product file should have those numbers for you. Unless you manufacture your own stuff you should use those numbers. Also the UPC's they can provide. Ask them for a file update, then just re-import the entire thing. Better safe than sorry.. plus the more data in your store the better the chance that google will find it in search results anyway.

I don't actually get my items direct from the manufacturer so it looks as if it won't be possible for me to list my items with Google :(

Well your supplier should be able to provide that.. or google each if there is not that many, find someone else that carries the products, then grab the UPC and the reference or part number for each. SIMPLE if you do not have that many. Just tedious.

Note that in the UK it will be the EAN number (also referred to as EAN13; usually the number on the barcode). It's one of the things that can get you ahead of the competition :)

I guess in some cases it won't be as important, but it does allow google to group products/ If you search for "canon digital camera" in google for example, you should see a link with "Shopping results for canon digital camera". If you click on one of the product images you'll see that all the sellers (well the top ones anyway) are displayed below the description. It's more likely that someone will click one of the pictures in my opinion, than the link above...

Paul

Well your supplier should be able to provide that.. or google each if there is not that many, find someone else that carries the products, then grab the UPC and the reference or part number for each. SIMPLE if you do not have that many. Just tedious.

Well - this came up under google shopping:

http://www.henrytibbs.com/shop/_tateossian_etched_round_cufflinks_pink_30119.asp but of course there is no way I can get the EAN from the site as far as I can tell.

Also - looking at the results of the following search:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=tateossian+cufflinks#q=tateossian+cufflinks&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=SFxWTt6RN4is8gPaoPSzDA&ved=0CIABEK0E&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=b04cbb534f29c7c4&biw=1920&bih=979

I'm 99% sure that most of these shops will not have the correct EAN number either. I'm assuming they might be dropped once Google brings in the new requirements?

Stephen

Small company will not always have UPC or EAN it cost money to get them. I manufacture my own brand of car parts. Its not common for them to have barcodes on the parts as automotive parts are not checked out threw POS systems. I believe apparel the retail store is what puts on the barcode for there internal system but a store by store deal. But your not going to find UPC numbers for your shirts.

I would just fill in UPC/EAN fields with your product PN

Small company will not always have UPC or EAN it cost money to get them. I manufacture my own brand of car parts. Its not common for them to have barcodes on the parts as automotive parts are not checked out threw POS systems. I believe apparel the retail store is what puts on the barcode for there internal system but a store by store deal. But your not going to find UPC numbers for your shirts.

I would just fill in UPC/EAN fields with your product PN

Well this is my point really. I suppose I could get EAN for 20% of my products and then just input my own code for the rest but is it worth me doing this if Google will simply pull the products?

Stephen

or create your own unique 12 digit numbers, use the part number and add the differences in 7's, that way it will be easy to recognize yours in a search.

I have bigger fish to fry right now, one of my sites was infected with the new prestashop hack..

see news on prestashop.com

if you have 1.4 check your site

yeah, the instructions kinda suck, as the 2nd link does not work and the fix does not remove the file as it is supposed to.

Looks like someone was trying to steal cc numbers. fortunately I do not store mine. Careful if you do.

Better to leave out the UPC/EAN (if there isn't one/the number you have is invalid) and use the supplier reference (manufacturer/your part no) and a manufacturer.

Paul

Yea when i click on them fileds like UPC instead of EAN it still puts the EAN in my feed.

Better to leave out the UPC/EAN (if there isn't one/the number you have is invalid) and use the supplier reference (manufacturer/your part no) and a manufacturer.

Paul

Hi Paul - all of my products have the correct manufacturer selected in the dropdown so all I really need to do is generate a "Supplier Reference" for instance - TATEOS1234 for a pair of Tateossian Cufflinks and I can leave the EAN blank.

I was under the impression that any product without an EAN would be removed by Google.

Thanks again,

Stephen

They only insist on 2 out of the three pieces - 0.7.3 has an option to omit the EAN/UPC completely. Will post it up soon once I've tried out a couple of other changes :)

Paul

They only insist on 2 out of the three pieces - 0.7.3 has an option to omit the EAN/UPC completely. Will post it up soon once I've tried out a couple of other changes :)

Paul

Awesome news :)

Thanks Paul

I know this is a bit OT but I was going to export my products and then import the table back in with product ID and the new codes. I can't seem to find an export button though. I hope I'm not right in thinking this feature isn't available on PS? :(

Edit: I managed to do it via MYSQL:

SELECT ps.id_product, ps_product_lang.name

FROM ps_product LEFT OUTER JOIN

ps_product_lang ON ps_product.id_product = ps_product_lang.id_product

Edit 2: this doesn't work properly

You can't without a modual which one i don't know but yea i always found it odd. Soo many things could easly be maulated in excell

I used this to get my query to work:

SELECT DISTINCT ps_product.id_product,ps_product_lang.name

FROM ps_product LEFT OUTER JOIN

ps_product_lang ON ps_product.id_product = ps_product_lang.id_product

WHERE ps_product_lang.id_lang = 1

It looks like the attribute 'manufacturer' has been 'retired'.

See the notes right at the bottom of this page:

Google attributes

They now seem to want 2 out of 3:

brand

gtin

mpn

Yes, sorry the terminology is all messed up.

Prestashop "Manufacturer" name field gets mapped to the <g:brand/> element

Prestashop "UPC" or "EAN" gets mapped to the <g:gtin /> element

Prestashop "Supplier Reference" gets mapped to <g:mpn />

Regards,

Paul

Hi there,

I'm using this module for about a week now..

I'm using the EAN13 numbering, supplier and manufacturer....but when ik generated the XML file the "GTIN" numbers in the file are "0000000000000" ?

Resulting that Google ignore my productfeed !

Any help please ?

Ok,

The "GTIN" numbering gets even weirder now..

In the productcatalog all the EAN13 codes are different, but when i generate the XML file all the "GTIN codes are the same on every product ?

Is this a bug ?

Looks like a bug. Hmm. I'll have a look and post something shortly.

Paul

Version 0.7.3.1 Uploaded as another attachment to the first post in this thread. This is just to clean up a few things.

Change log

- Removed html entity conversion on product name and manufacturer name (both should be text only anyway)

- Fixed bug with selection of gtin field

- Added "None" option to gtin field (now EAN/UPC/NONE)

- Minor code restructuring to support additional features later

Paul

Hi Paul, getting there but here is error on new module :

XML formatting error - Error

Our system encountered an error when processing your data feed.

Learn more.

Examples: Examples:

Line Nr. Column Nr.

198 51

Says no open/closed tag ?

Ah. It's bloomin' obvious what the problem is now that I think about it......

We can consider 0.7.3.1 a non-starter then :(

About to upload a tweak that will hopefully solve it.... 0.7.3.2

Paul

Many thanks. Uploaded now.... fingers crossed lol

Tried to fix a problem with French/German feeds, but ended up breaking them all...

OK Paul, will look for that then when it arrives. Good Luck !

Does this module now meet all the requirements starting September 22nd for a googlebase feed? At least in the USA?

(And as long as we have the data in our database to map; e.g. we have complete category, product name, price, weight, reference numbers, 12 digit upc codes and such on products)

At least for versions 1.4.25 and up right?

Earlier versions (e.g. 1.3.7) the weight had to be entered as a "feature" first then mapped, in this case I believe your module does not map it properly as it is looking for a different field name, or am I incorrect?

Please advise/confirm. Thank you kindly for your hard work and time.

Thanks,

Tina

Tina,

No not quite yet. I still have work to do on sections 4 (attributes) and 5 (specifics for apparel in US) and then section 6 (Tax and shipping) and 7 (Nearby stores - which ties in with Google Places for "bricks and mortar" retailers).

Weight now comes in under the tax/shipping section it would appear.

I'm basically trying to get as much done as possible without starting to require additional data entered, although this will be required for the "Google Product Category" field under the basic information section (1) - currently not implemented either.

I also have code contributed that allows uploading to Google from within the module, which I have still to add in.

The document I'm using for reference is:

http://www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?answer=188494

Paul

Paul,

Thank you. You are really awesome for sharing this and doing all this work on it. It is so critical for good SEO strategy and rankings.

I am just now completing my javascript class and jquery is next, when done, if there is anything I can contribute I will.

All my best wishes and gratitude! Tina

Hi ~Paul,

all items inserted but products not showing - just saying invalid or disapproved feed.

I noticed in the previous file you sent me (with the other issue) that all the prices were 0. Is this still the case? If so, then there's still something not right. What PS version are you currently using?

Paul

Have uploaded v0.7.3.3

Change log

- Fixed call to Tools::convertPrice() (pre-1.4 required a currency object)

- Added price compatibility functions (for later support of attribute pricing)

Paul

Hi Paul,

I've tried 0.7.3.2 and 0.7.3.3 and both are not working...

Chris

last one working better and price sorted paul. only 2 products disapproved (no idea why) but all others searchable soon :)

Is it the same issue with the feed format invalid? What I've tried to do is encode the "extra" non-english characters as html entities in UTF-8. By default it was using ISO-8859-1 which is incorrect.

Hi Paul,

I've tried 0.7.3.2 and 0.7.3.3 and both are not working...

Chris

Just had a look at the url you sent me before (I'm assuming that it's the latest generated) and there's an issue with the product_type element for sure.

Paul

Well I don't know whats wrong with the product_type element. I even went so far an did a test feed in which I replaced everything in the product type attribute with an "x", still not working.

Chris

@umadbro

Yeah it's a minor issue and not what's causing the problem. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to code it to use different character sets depending on the country, or do custom character translations within the code.

It appears that it doesn't accept html entities like:

É

ä

Although that doesn't really make sense to me :/

Another thing I noticed though is that the elements <g:condition/> and <g:availability/> are both in English in your feed. I've added code for the availability text so that it's translatable, but condition is a Prestashop field value and I have a feeling it isn't directly translatable - I need to check on that and come up with a solution there too I think. It might be interesting to see if the 0.7.3.3 version output can be made to validate and work back maybe. I haven't found an example german xml feedfile anywhere.... might try and see if there's a french one as the principles should be similar.

Paul

I hadn't come across that first link but the second one I have -- sadly it's in english :D

I've been trying to explore the documentation in German but since I can't read a single word of it navigation is a pain lol

Cheers,

Paul

0.7.3.4 Uploaded to first post.

change log

- Modifications to xml entity encoding (hopefully to finally solve problems with German/French feeds)

- Translation support added for <g:condition/> and <g:availability/> (seems to work ok if left as English though)

- Minor changes to variable naming

Paul

Hi Paul,

for UK feeds is there any major reason to chcange from 3.3 at the moment ?

No the changes are for encoding specific language characters, so if your feed is in UK or US English there won't be any difference.

Hi Paul,

for UK feeds is there any major reason to chcange from 3.3 at the moment ?

There was a bug in 0.7.3.4 which meant that the "condition" element was being missed out of the feed. I've uploaded 0.7.3.5 which fixes this.

I'm working on 0.7.4 currently which (at least attempts) to handle the following:

- "Target Country" drop-down to allow feed specifics per country (with additional configuration options for fine-tuning).

- US (only) tax requirement that the price must be ex-VAT with regional tax variation included to override defaults (if required). This will generate a country, state (if configure) and county (ZIP code range based) rates. These can optionally be excluded altogether so you fall back to the value configured in Merchant Center.

- Shipping groups (per carrier and per country/state) plus a shipping weight. Will be optional should shipping be configured in Merchant Center.

- "Online Only" attribute for stores that also have listed physical stores in addition to an online presence.

The use of the "county" subdivision is a tricky one and am open to suggestions. Currently I'm ignoring the whole "Zip code" section and assuming a wildcard ZIP Code format that Google use as the county name to allow subdivision of states. An example of the new elements would be:

<g:tax>
<g:country>US</g:country>
<g:region>AL</g:region>
<g:rate>17.5</g:rate>
</g:tax>
<g:tax>
<g:region>965*</g:region>
<g:rate>19.6</g:rate>
</g:tax>
<g:shipping>
<g:service>Delivery next day!</g:service>
<g:price>7.95</g:price>
</g:shipping>
<g:shipping_weight>0.5 kg</g:shipping_weight>
<g:online_only>n</g:online_only>

The above has been set up assuming that a default rate has been applied within Merchant Center. The state of Alabama has been assigned a tax rate of 17.5% and ZIP codes (in this case within Alabama but I'm sure this isn't correct!) starting with '965' are assigned a tax rate of 19.6%. This was created by adding a "county" to Alabama with the name '965*' and then assigning it a specific tax rate. To cut down on the size of the feed it allows you to enter the "default" that's configured in Merchant Center, so only then adds exceptions to this (otherwise it generates groups for the country + one for every sate and county; most of which may be identical anyway).

For shipping I'm still working on it, but this should work in the same way - currently this example is showing the standard (sample data) next day delivery to anywhere in the US for $7.95.

The shipping weight is explanatory - but it's important to remember that this is the product weight field in the catalog, so these values should be entered as "packaged" weight as a matter of course.

Remember that you can post bug reports/suggestions using the form on my site too if you wish to do so directly to me rather than via an open forum. It generates a message to me only.

Prestashop Google Product Feed Bug Report Form

Many thanks to all those who have taken the time to test so far - I know it can be frustrating when it doesn't work, but it means that he code will be all the more stable!

Paul

Hi Paul,

after the prestashop.com breakdown yesterday I had to wait till today to test the new version.

Sadly it still doesn't work... It inserted the first of all products, even with an "ä" which is awesome, but even that one is "not found" when klicked on. All the other products are completely ignored. Same error message as usual... I'm about to cry...

Chris

Was that 0.7.3.5? 0.7.3.4 will fail all products because of the missing "condition" element.

Email me the xml file again and I'll try running it through as a test in Merchant Center to see if I can coax it into telling me something :)

Paul

It was 0.7.3.5. The xml file is at the same place as usual. I'll send you the link as a message.

Thank you so much for your help.

Chris

Thanks to you, otherwise I'd never be able to create proper data for testing ;)

Paul

Hi Paul,

Just generated a feed for the most recent version 7.3.5 and the file was successfully uploaded and added to google. There was a few warnings but they were mostly my errors and the google product category.

Hi there,

I would like my products to transfer to google shopping center in the merchant center module from Ecartservice.

But I keep getting error messages:

Recommended missing feature: shipping weight (58 warnings)

Recommended Missing: MPN (58 warnings)

Recommended Missing: google product category (58 warnings)

Recommended Missing: Product Type (58 Warnings)

How do I solve this? Hopefully someone can help me. Already tried a lot.

@DorkV

Thankfully these are only warning and not actual errors so you should be able to list your products.

The shipping_weight attribute is implemented in the next release, but requires that you enter the packaged weight in your product catalog for each product (in the weight field).

MPN is the manufacturer part number - you need to enter these in the "supplier reference" field in the product catalog, and ensure that the box is ticked in the module configuration screen.

The Google product category is not yet implemented (will require a new look-up table to match your category with the Google standard ones).

I'm puzzled about the "Product Type" - this should follow your category structure e.g. "Books > Fiction" - so I would have expected that to be present. I do have a bug report relating to the older version of the module that also has a problem with some product_type, so this could be related. You can PM me the url for your store (and/or the url of the xml produced) and I'll take a look. The url can be copied from the link at the bottom of the module configuration screen (assuming that you've created the file below your web root directory).

Paul

Hi

I have recently uploaded a clients products this week with the same warnings as above. All products are searchable i.e. appear in shopping pages on Google (maybe not in the top 3 at the moment) What you will suffer from however if you cannot come up with all the EAN numbers etc. Is possibly not achieving as higher ranking within Google Shopping compared to someone who has filled in and ticked all the boxes. But hey there are going to be many people out there with the same issues, so will it matter... time will tell.

Hi, thanks Paul C for the update to your google base product feed file. It appears to be working ok for me except for the condition element is not picking up the database its just setting all products condition as 'new' even though in the database some have the condition set as used and as refurbished. I took a look at the code but its more complex that your earlier versions so a bit beyond my skills to know where its going wrong.

Im running prestashop version 1.4.0.17 and googlebase module v0.7.3.5. I did have an older version installed previously that i had modified myself to pickup the condition element from the database.

Hope you can fix it. thanks

Hi, thanks Paul C for the update to your google base product feed file. It appears to be working ok for me except for the condition element is not picking up the database its just setting all products condition as 'new' even though in the database some have the condition set as used and as refurbished. I took a look at the code but its more complex that your earlier versions so a bit beyond my skills to know where its going wrong.

Im running prestashop version 1.4.0.17 and googlebase module v0.7.3.5. I did have an older version installed previously that i had modified myself to pickup the condition element from the database.

Hope you can fix it. thanks

Update: I installed it on a test server running 1.4.4.0 and the condition element was picked up from the database. So it appears its just a problem with my live 1.4.0.17 shop and the googlebase module v0.7.3.5

@DorkV

Thankfully these are only warning and not actual errors so you should be able to list your products.

The shipping_weight attribute is implemented in the next release, but requires that you enter the packaged weight in your product catalog for each product (in the weight field).

MPN is the manufacturer part number - you need to enter these in the "supplier reference" field in the product catalog, and ensure that the box is ticked in the module configuration screen.

The Google product category is not yet implemented (will require a new look-up table to match your category with the Google standard ones).

I'm puzzled about the "Product Type" - this should follow your category structure e.g. "Books > Fiction" - so I would have expected that to be present. I do have a bug report relating to the older version of the module that also has a problem with some product_type, so this could be related. You can PM me the url for your store (and/or the url of the xml produced) and I'll take a look. The url can be copied from the link at the bottom of the module configuration screen (assuming that you've created the file below your web root directory).

Paul

Hello Paul,

Thank you very much! Do you know why they are rejected and not can be found?

And I filled in all the MPN so i don't know why it is not working!

I will send you a PM for the link!

Thank you very much for your help sp far!

Update: I installed it on a test server running 1.4.4.0 and the condition element was picked up from the database. So it appears its just a problem with my live 1.4.0.17 shop and the googlebase module v0.7.3.5

On the module configuration screen what does it say for {compat=xx} in the title? It may not be picking up the correct version number from the configuration table? It should say "14". The way it calculates that number is a little naughty, so if not I may have to change it ;)

Paul

On the module configuration screen what does it say for {compat=xx} in the title? It may not be picking up the correct version number from the configuration table? It should say "14". The way it calculates that number is a little naughty, so if not I may have to change it ;)

Paul

[bETA]Google Base Products Feed {compat=14}

Paul

It says [bETA]Google Base Products Feed {compat=14}

Is there a way to force it to pick up the 1.4 version?