Kitchenware shop

fitgura

Yes! you are true! But I'm the designer and programmer! The colorful thnig is made by the owner, even if I told him don't do it :(

Hi fitgura,

I couldn't sympathize with you more, trust me. In fact, there isn't a designer on Earth who would disagree with you. You should check out this website to brighten your day when you're dealing with these sorts of client requests.

Enjoy!

-Mike

Hi Fitgura,

Just wanted to say that I think the website looks fantastic, a really clean and vibrant look - very impressive!

I'm afraid I have to agree with Mike - that coloured bit spoils the look! Also don't like the comic sans font on a website - just my opinion.

Well done on such an impressive site - now can you do the same for me, at no cost, to go live in two hours - lol! Couldn't resist - I just checked out Mike's link - thanks Mike - very funny! biggrin.gif

Hi Fitgura,

Just wanted to say that I think the website looks fantastic, a really clean and vibrant look - very impressive!

I'm afraid I have to agree with Mike - that coloured bit spoils the look! Also don't like the comic sans font on a website - just my opinion.

Well done on such an impressive site - now can you do the same for me, at no cost, to go live in two hours - lol! Couldn't resist - I just checked out Mike's link - thanks Mike - very funny! biggrin.gif

wlkayne,

You're right, Comic Sans should be banned from all web design projects. And as for the link, it's nice to know you're not the only one having trouble with your clients, isn't it?

-Mike

Mike - I would love to be in the position of being a 'client' - I would be so well-behaved! tongue.gif

I discovered Prestashop mid-July and am STILL working on my site. Four weeks later I have forgotten what sleep is - give me a brilliant designer, I'd snatch his hand off and not mess with his work. biggrin.gif

Hopefully Fitgura will come back and read your link!

Wendy

Mike - I would love to be in the position of being a 'client' - I would be so well-behaved! tongue.gif

I discovered Prestashop mid-July and am STILL working on my site. Four weeks later I have forgotten what sleep is - give me a brilliant designer, I'd snatch his hand off and not mess with his work. biggrin.gif

Hopefully Fitgura will come back and read your link!

Wendy

Well if you take his hand, he probably won't be as productive as you would like...

But as for finding a designer, we actually have a great resource for that here in the PrestaShop forums. You can find it here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/76-paid-modules-job-offers-and-paid-services/

I hope this helps! Just maybe don't mention the whole hand thing, a designer's hands are his tools.

Thanks,

Mike

Lolololol!

Thanks for the link.....I'm afraid the scary four-letter word is there......p**d - hehe!

Re: the unproductive hand thing, I was hoping that might transform the scary four letter word to free!! Only kidding Community moderators.......hope I don't get in trouble now!

Just out of interest, I had some fabulous help from a Danish poster here (paid of course!), but he was really patient with me and solved a huge problem I had with importing products to my shop, so for anybody reading, the forums are a must have, especially to pick up tips etc. I also found the bug tracker really useful and was able to solve a couple of bugs I had, just through reading about other people's issues.

Thanks Mike for making me laugh, needed it today! blink.gif

Hi Dudes!

Thanks for an opinions!

But the truth is! really hard to find a good looking font pack what nows our strange letters!

As hungarian, I always fight with fonts, ÜÓŐÚŰÁÉÍ we use !

The site you offered Mike : So Hilarious!!! Thanks for it! :D

Hi Fitgura,

Glad you came back and read the link! I see what you mean about your language - it has a lot of....extras! The font you have used in your design is absolutely fine, it's just the coloured bit in the middle using the comic sans font, that just doesn't look right.

Just to say again, the site looks fantastic! I love the combination of colours - it all looks really vibrant and well put together, giving it a smooth, clean look. I would love to have that kind of talent! Stay encouraged. smile.gif

Wendy

Aw, Fitgura - you are kind! Don't worry - it was just a badly worded joke - lol! What it meant was - it would be great if I could cut out all the hard work, wave a magic wand and go live in two hours!! But that is only a dream - haha! I know I have to put the hard work in to get the site just right. I have everything I need for the look (quite basic), it just the boring bits now.........

I'm currently working on my descriptions of products and it's soooo boring! I would love to wake up tomorrow and find that it has all been done! I love working on the design and the layout and messing about with modules, but hate the boring stuff!

I only found Prestashop a short time ago and I love it, but it has been a really steep learning curve, as I know nothing about coding and didn't realise that getting a site live involved so much time. There's also a lot of bugs here and there which take time to sort out, but I'm not ready to give up, as I know it will be worth it in the end!

Thank you so much for your offer of help though, it is very kind of you, but there really is nothing left to sort - it's just 'dotting the Is and crossing the Ts'! I think a few more days will get that last bit finished and then I will be ready for testing........

If I get stuck - I'll shout for you - lol! biggrin.gif

Hi Wendy!

We just celebrated the 10.000th product (and description) in my shop (not this kitchen, it is a toy store you can find it in the forum)

You know, the first 9999 was hard, after it so easy everything :)

So Don't giv' it up!The life is good :)

Hi Wendy!

We just celebrated the 10.000th product (and description) in my shop (not this kitchen, it is a toy store you can find it in the forum)

You know, the first 9999 was hard, after it so easy everything :)

So Don't giv' it up!The life is good :)

Congratulations Fitgura - that's brilliant! I love toy stores......link?

Will try not to give up - would love a major cash injection though! Lots of ideas and good intentions!! When I go live I am expecting Prestashop to at least quadruple my meagre turnover - haha! tongue.gif