[SOLVED] Image Name and SEO Relation

HandCraft

Do we need to name all images 'properly' before uploading it to cart? Does it affect SEO in any way? Coz we just name those as 1,2,3 etc

I am not taking about name which we mention through back office n which appears on site. I am just talking about names given to images when we upload those.

Also why images on site when downloaded displayes names as home, medium, thickbox etc as it is named in BO-Preference-Image. What is supposed to be done to display their names as what we are calling to that particular products?

Thanks!!!

Could u plz tell how to make on friendly URL? I had seen this field but now not getting.

It will catch names automatically or we need to type manually?

Thanks!

It will not have any affect since the images are renamed after upload. When you have friendly url on, the image name is the same as the product link rewrite.

Any idea what are Google's new regulations about page rank? They hv almost captured the market so we must bother abt their regulations.

My opinion same.. most of search engine optimization depend on your page title, keyword, meta description, heading, friendly url and backlink from similar site. from now just forget about google pagerank because they have change their regulation about pagerank.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea what are Google's new regulations about page rank? They hv almost captured the market so we must bother abt their regulations.

Google's new regulations (Panda) really shouldn't make too much of a difference for your shop. This update to their algorithm is targeted at content farms and spammers who steal original content from other sources or overload their page with links.

Basically, Panda is really only targeted at the websites whose sole purpose is to increase their own SEO. So as long as your text and photos are original, you really shouldn't have anything to worry about when it comes to this update.

-Mike

• 5 years later...

Since the name of picture will be automatically changed after being uploaded, it does not matter how you name your pictures before uploading. However, uploaded pictures can be re-edited to maximize SEO effects.

How do you re-edit the name of the images?