Product Specific Price Bugs

Will O

Hi all,

We're in development of a store with a fairly complex pricing structure and need to make sure that customers are charged correctly.

Setup:

1. Our store default currency is in British Pounds.

2. We have specific pricing set up per product for USD and AUD.

3. We have a customised front end that uses geolocation to detect the user's location and select the correct currency.

4. We do not allow the user to change their currency - i.e. the currency selector in the default theme is hidden.

5. We have tested with "Currencies restriction" under the Payment tab set to both Shop default currency and Customer currency.

6. We are using PrestaShop 1.4.2.5 and Presto Changeo's SagePay module

Providing that the user's location is detected correctly, our prices are displayed correctly on the product page and within the cart. However, the user is not charged the specific price.

Is there a bug in the system related to this? Or have we missed a configuration setting somewhere? Would we need to set up anything at the SagePay end? i.e. adding currencies to it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

• 3 months later...

I too have this problem. Find solution yet?

I keep setting the specific prices, in my case in euro and pound but the prices in these currencies are

still a direct conversion from the default currency which is dollar. Also the quantuty discounts are referreing to the dollar cofiguration although I specify the new base price in the alt. currencies.

Help would be much appreciated, yes I agree!

• 3 weeks later...

Another here with this problem.

Happens on products set as special or reduced price.

Default currency is Euro. Switch to any other currency price is incorrect on details page. Correct price is added to cart.

Tried default theme but same issue. Also tried various versions of theme/js/product.js file.

V 1.4.0.1

Tks

• 2 weeks later...

hi friends i need to be specfic as i dont want to prestashop to update the prices according to the currecy exchage as i am from india so our default currency is Rs and other currency with we are using with our shop is In USD

Can i provide Specific Rates in Dollars as well as In Indian Rupees

For ex : We listed a product on our website at Rs 520 Indian Rupees if a customers changes the currency to Dollars it comes around 9.64$ according to the Current exchange rate but i want that its shows the Price in Dollars As 9$ as i give Prices in dollars as specific i want

Thanks

Please help

Hi all, throwing my hat into the ring - also getting similar problem.

Using 1.4.6.2, Geolocation is set up.

I thought the Specific Price allowed you to have a specific price appear depending on location of the viewer. This is not happening. I've got "Priority Management" (under Specific Price) set to Country - Currency - Group. I have no Groups set up - I'm not offering any discounts based on country. I've disabled the currency selector from Front Office.

Driving me a bit mad, as the main reason for upgrading our store was to use the Specific Price feature for far away buyers. Any help much appreciated.

* Refer you to this post from Franck:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/114543-pricing-by-location/page__view__findpost__p__570513

Thanks,

Ash

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another one in the same range of problemas. My requirements are:

- Need always an specific price per country (not per currency). And would be better if i could set it with VAT included (not excluded like now...). This can be made as an specific price, ok

- Need to be able to create another specific price to create a reduction, but based on the specific price i set earlier, not based in the original price!! If I set an specific price for a country, and then create a 15% discount for that country, IT DOES APPLY TO THE ORIGINAL PRICE, not the price per country i need.

This all reduces to Prestashop allowing multiple original prices by country (just the same as you can have multiple product names by language...)

Getting a big headache already with this problem... Could it be solved with PS 1.5 multi-store? Or Magento?

• 1 year later...

i'm using prestashop 1.5.3.1 and i have problems with specific price. when i set specific price a product, the price doesnt change. it used to be ok, now it failed to change the price based on my setting. please help. Ive been trying to solve this problem since months ago.. and now i 'm stuck. i cant run promotion due to that problem.. pls help. tq