[SOLVED] I can't login to the back office- it redirects to login page.

I just installed prestashop and the istallation went smoothly but I cant enter the back office. every time I login it redirects to the same login page. (it always directs to http://mysite.com/shop/admin/login.php?redirect=index.php). I've tried clearing my cookies/caches, checked my login.php file, and nothing seems to work. Hope someone can help me, its frustrating. I dont really know whats wrong. thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

funny problem going on i must say .. i have two seperate prestashop 1.4.4.0 installations on different domains and one is no problems 'as is' and the other gave me the same issue as you state above..

a wild stab that it has something to to with some yummy cookies stuff. :)

in the login.php file (around line 54 )at the top there is a cookie set that i changed

$cookie = new Cookie('psAdmin', substr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], strlen(__PS_BASE_URI__), -10));

to:

$cookie = new Cookie('psAdmin', substr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], strlen(__PS_BASE_URI__), -10));

and it worked for me ... the file is located in your admin folder ..

be sure to backup a copy of the original login.php file

let us know how you go ...

cheers

• Like 1

I had the same problem from time to time in a previous version of PS, now it happened again in 1.3.3 which I still run. My workaround is to regenerate the password which gets me into BO, then change it back. This time I had to attempt login with new password about 4 times, but it finally took.

Hi everybody,

Happy Monday, I told you I would be back with more! Maxence, the developer assigned to this bug, has submitted his fix and closed the issue. You should no longer have any problems with this, but please let me know if it does persist on your end.

-Mike

NOT RESOLVED...still an issue for me

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Always start clearing your cookies completely (if you have the FF Developer toolbar installed, clear both the session and path cookies). I had the same redirect issue, and it got fixed after clearing the cookies. It happened after changing the domain name of the online shop.

• 2 weeks later...

this issue is often occur in prestashop version 1.4.x

so you must fix some code in cookie.php.. it's easy and you can do it by yourself.

Here is the solution redirect to login page

I also have problem of admin to login at the BO

I installed PS 1.4.7.3 on subdomain "myshop"

ex, myshop.mywebsite.com

I can login to BO via subfolder if I go to www.mywebsite.com/myshop/admin1234

but I cannot login BO via subdomain

myshop.mywebsite.com/admin1234 it will be the same problem.

by following @jhonzz007 link

now it's fixed the problem

Thank you!!

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem. After I've installed Prestashop and the configuration went on smoothly, I couldn't login to the BO. Even after I delete the install folder and rename the admin folder, I still couldn't log in to the BO. Please help me fix the problem. Thank you

• 7 months later...

i got the same problem

above solutions not worked

i didnt change anything at my back office, but suddenly i cannot login today

also tried clearing cookies and caches, still cant log in

please help..

just happened to me today too!

None of the above solutions is working!

• 1 year later...

Hello. Sorry for commenting on such an old thread but I have the same error on prestashop 1.6.0.8. I can't login to BO for 1 week already. I have written about this problem at forge.prestashop.com but no answers. I have cleared cookies, cache, smarty, did all of the solutions written on the forums but none of them worked. Please help. Prestashop is starting to get very annoying with these strange errors coming out from nowhere...

• Like 2

Hello. Sorry for commenting on such an old thread but I have the same error on prestashop 1.6.0.8. I can't login to BO for 1 week already. I have written about this problem at forge.prestashop.com but no answers. I have cleared cookies, cache, smarty, did all of the solutions written on the forums but none of them worked. Please help. Prestashop is starting to get very annoying with these strange errors coming out from nowhere...

hello

when you type your login and  password, and when you press log in what you see? 

some errors? or... or what?

hello

when you type your login and  password, and when you press log in what you see? 

some errors? or... or what?

Hi. Sorry for not answering as I didn't see your post. I get no errors, just in the url "redirect=AdminDashboard" is added. And it redirects to admin login page each time I press login. If I enter wrong login credentials it gives error as it should. I have downgraded to 1.6.0.6 now and everything works fine. I hope you will give some solution.

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks,

I have just had a similar issue. I was able to use a different browser to login just fine. This lead me to believe that it was a cookie problem on my machine.

To fix the issue I went back to the browser I couldn't log in with. And deleted the cookie associated with my PS website.

Hey presto. It works now. Hope it helps somebody else.

P.S. I used the EditThisCookie for Chrome.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am moving my prestashop installation to new hosting and I want to test it before I publish it. My new hosting provider let mi access to my prestashop by this URL: http://d.websupport.sk/jame-test.sk/ but when I want to access to my BO  http://d.websupport.sk/jame-test.sk/adminXXX it redirect me to  http://d.websupport.sk/jadminXXX. Please help because I cannot access to my BO.

Edited by marek.medved3 (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

I have tried all the options here but it seems not to be working for me.

I am using prestashop 1.6.1.6 and anytime I login to the BO, once I make any change, it doesn't get saved but redirects me to the admin login page. 

My site is a subdomain of another site. For example: mynewsite.mymainsite.com

I have set this for ssl and domain in SEO and URL and I set my BASE URI as "/" after moving from Localhost to this present server. Please I want to know if I'm wrong. Thank you

Edited by elgaxton (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

I have tried all the options here but it seems not to be working for me.

I used iPhone: Safari and Chrome and from android: Chrome

I am using prestashop 1.6.1.11 and anytime I login to the BO, once I press a menu selection it redirects me to the admin login page.

My site has SSL

I have clear cookies and history from all browsers and still have the same disconnection.

Any ideas?

Thank you

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...