geno

Whole sale shop with no add to cart or prices until login ! The Easy Way

Hi all, I have been using Prestashop for a while now, but as I am an ASP developer and Don’t know php too well I have not really had anything to contribute until now.

There has been many posts regarding not displaying prices and ordering options until after a user logs in. I have just done it for a client and it is remarkably simple. Thanks of course to the wisdom of Paul C & Ningu.

I have set a standard install of Presta shop with the mod up so you can view it for your self.

Http://www.devtechchina.com/store

user login = demo@demo.com
password = 12345678

You will see that where ever a price or add to cart button should be displayed, it displays "login for prices and ordering options" until a user logs in and then all is displayed normaly.

How I have done it is as follows, and truly it is so simple.

I have added some php code to 4 tpl files. (thanks to Paul C for his php guidence)

Themes
product_list.tpl
product.tpl

Modules
Block special .... blockspecial.tpl
homefeatured .... homefeatured.tpl

the code involved is again very simple, just enclose any price of cart display code with

{if $logged} normal code is here

{else}
Login for Prices & Ordering Options
{/if}

That’s all there is to it. I have added the edited 4 tpl files this post for download, they are from the standard prestashop theme. You could use these or just see where the code edits are.

So now no prices of Add to cart button will display until a user logs in.
(of course if you want to use certain other modules that do display the price you will need to add the code to those also.

Now this presents an other problem, what’s to stop a user just registering automatically and then logging in? Well the fantastic Ningu gave me the solution for this. His great Customer registration module.

see here for the module

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/10305/modules/module_customerregistration_management

After implementing Ningu’s module this is the basic flow of what happens.

1: A user browses the store but can not see prices or ordering option.
2: User registers and prestashop emails them welcoming them and also that they CANNOT LOGIN until their account has been verified. Also store owner receives an email to let them know there is a new user waiting for verification.
3: Store owner verifies their account (or not) in the back office.
4: User receives a new email letting them know their account is now verified and they can login in.
5: They login and see prices and can order.

This setup is perfect for whole sale stores that do not want retail clients to see price etc.

I have done this mod on the latest release of Prestashop

I have tested this mod on the latest versions of

Firefox
Oprea
Safari for windows
IE 6 / 7

I do hope that this mod can help some prestashop users who want to set their shop as a wholesale store

Cheers

Geno

And great praise to the Presta team.

noprices.zip

• Like 1

Welcome to the PS community. Thank you very much for the module. It works perfectly. Thanks.

that is an interesting idea, I can also see some benifits of doing it.

BUT I would image that you would have to change a lot more as just using my method to hide prices and ordering options still displays all the relevent blocks.

If you wanted to hide products also I feel as if the site would look very sparse and empty until after login. as really what would there be left to display. Not much.

but i do think its a good idea

Geno

Hello, i would like to use your option, i just dowload and replace the 4tpl files but it doesn't work.
Can you help me please? i 'm novice and using standard install of Presta 1.1.

Hi all, I have been using Prestashop for a while now, but as I am an ASP developer and Don’t know php too well I have not really had anything to contribute until now.

There has been many posts regarding not displaying prices and ordering options until after a user logs in. I have just done it for a client and it is remarkably simple. Thanks of course to the wisdom of Paul C & Ningu.

I have set a standard install of Presta shop with the mod up so you can view it for your self.

Http://www.devtechchina.com/store

user login = demo@demo.com
password = 12345678

You will see that where ever a price or add to cart button should be displayed, it displays "login for prices and ordering options" until a user logs in and then all is displayed normaly.

How I have done it is as follows, and truly it is so simple.

I have added some php code to 4 tpl files. (thanks to Paul C for his php guidence)

Themes
product_list.tpl
product.tpl

Modules
Block special .... blockspecial.tpl
homefeatured .... homefeatured.tpl

the code involved is again very simple, just enclose any price of cart display code with

{else}
{/if}

That’s all there is to it. I have added the edited 4 tpl files this post for download, they are from the standard prestashop theme. You could use these or just see where the code edits are.

So now no prices of Add to cart button will display until a user logs in.
(of course if you want to use certain other modules that do display the price you will need to add the code to those also.

Now this presents an other problem, what’s to stop a user just registering automatically and then logging in? Well the fantastic Ningu gave me the solution for this. His great Customer registration module.

see here for the module

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/10305/modules/module_customerregistration_management

After implementing Ningu’s module this is the basic flow of what happens.

1: A user browses the store but can not see prices or ordering option.
2: User registers and prestashop emails them welcoming them and also that they CANNOT LOGIN until their account has been verified. Also store owner receives an email to let them know there is a new user waiting for verification.
3: Store owner verifies their account (or not) in the back office.
4: User receives a new email letting them know their account is now verified and they can login in.
5: They login and see prices and can order.

This setup is perfect for whole sale stores that do not want retail clients to see price etc.

I have done this mod on the latest release of Prestashop

I have tested this mod on the latest versions of

Firefox
Oprea
Safari for windows
IE 6 / 7

I do hope that this mod can help some prestashop users who want to set their shop as a wholesale store

Cheers

Geno

And great praise to the Presta team.

HI guilliame

Can you say what is happening, you say it doesnt work, what do you mean ? There is no reason this mod will not work as long as replace the 4 Tpls files and are using that theme.

Also can you post a link to your store so I can look and help you.

Cheers

Geno

i do have the same problem after direct "replace" those 4 files, they are solved by

1. reopen those file using text editor, and click "save"

not sure about the reason, but after do to all those 4 files, the function work without any problem. :D
Thanks for the solution.

HI RYU

You have got me on this one, there is nothing different about the 4 edited tpl files than that of normal Prestashop files. But Im glad that you found a solution to that. If you figure out why it was happening please post cause I have no clue to that one.

Cheers

Geno

PS: what is the error you are getting? or were getting ?

Hi both of you that had this problem, can you pleae let us know what was happening as in why it wouldnt work or an error. so we can work out why this happend. I think it may have something to code with the page encoding, but until i can find out what the error is I cant work it out completely.

Cheers

Geno

Hi Geno
The code is correct and the function works perfectly. We just have to move the lines a little on the right, "using text editor" in order to be applicated.

Thanks again

oh well thanks for the info, not sure why this is, cause I know at least 10 people that have cpied the 4 tpls straigh in and all was fine. Very stange. But Im glad that its all ok now.

Cheers

Geno

Hello Geno

The prices are hidden on my web site.

I just find a bug.
I 'am using your method by adding the code in the 4 files and also using the great Customer registration module but :

After the customer completes his email, name, firsname, adresse, surname, town ... and even without a validation using the registration module, the customer can see the prices. I dont know why !!!

Perhaps you can help me?

HI guilliame

Can you send a website link so I can look please ?

Cheers

Geno

HI guilliame

I have tested you shop and I think you need to edit your themes templates more. THe 4 FILES I gave were only for the standard pretashop template. You are using a different template. For me no prices are displaying on featured products OR main product lists, BUT only on product details. So this will be the template you need to edit.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Geno

HI Gu

The trick for this is enclose any price dispaly with this code

{else} Login for Prices & Ordering Options {/if}

Of corse changing the normal code here to what ever yours is and changing the login for Prices and ordering options with what ever you want.

Remember DO NOT over write your template files with MINE unless you are using the standard prestashop template as that will cause all sorts of weirdness.

Hope it helps

Cheers

GEno

Hi

i've got exactly the same problem when using the standard prestashop template....

i'm not sure, but it could be a smarty reading problem...

I notice, on your pages you have many of your products set as discount products, you would probly need to add the login code to that also ...

Hope that helps

Cheers

Geno

PS: If you look at my example I only did this for the most basic example. anything extra and you need to cahnge code around

Hello Geno.

i think the problem comes from the cookie that indicates that the customer is connected just after filling the authentification form. The only problem comes with the product.tpl and i dont understand why...

Hi Geno
The code is correct and the function works perfectly. We just have to move the lines a little on the right, "using text editor" in order to be applicated.

Thanks again

May be this is caused because the files are in dos format...

I've installed your module noprice, but without success
Is there something specific to set ?
Is there some location to set those files ?

Thanks for your help

NO HELP, BUT I'VE MADE IT WORKS
But I've another question, If I need to add a new field for translation, HOW Can I add this to PS ?

BONJOUR
JE VIENS JUST INSTALLER PRESTA VOTRE MODULE PRIX CACHE AVEC VALIDATION M INTERESSE BCP

PAR CONTRE JE SUIS UN DEBUTANT J AI TELECHARGER LE MODULE COMMENT DOIS JE FAIRE POUR LE METTRE EN PRATIQUE

QUELQUE PEUT IL M AIDER

MERCI BEAUCOUP

Bonjour,

Pour faire vite :
Tu as les deux fichiers product-list.tpl et product.tpl dans copier dans le dossier themes/prestashop
Et les deux autres dans le dossier modules/LeSousDossierAssocié

J'ai fait une modification pour mettre un texte qui sera traduit.
Il me manque actuellement la procédure pour ajouter dans la base un tel texte.

Courage

i like the module, but wondering what if i only want customers to see a few items before then register and not all of them?

@NEWONE : please post only in english in this section of the forum or to create a new topic in the french section with a link to this one.
And please unlock your Caps Lock key. :)

@NEWONE : merci de poster uniquement en anglais dans cette section du forum ou de créer un topic dans le forum français avec un lien vers celui-ci.
Et merci de déverrouiller ta touche Caps Lock. ;-)

Hello to all!
I changed the 4 .tpl files successfully. It works as it should do.
However, there is one problem: the prices are still shown in the "Accessories" tab
Any idea how, where and what file(s) I should also change?
Thanks on before for your help,

nice module :)

is this able to show the price only to specific group of logged in users?

Thanks Geno for this module ! It works really fine.

I have one question.
I would like my costumers to log in so they can see the prices but instead of being redirected to the account page after log in, stay in the page they were before they logged in.

I found annoying to go twice to the category or search I´ve made before and after I´m logged in.

I hope you understand my question.

Excellent Job !

Jonatan

http://www.judaicaweb.com.ar

Thanks Geno,
This is a good module.

Has anybody managed to solve the problem of the prices and add to cart button showing after the customer has filled in the registration form (But has not been validated yet). It seems to be a cookie problem??. All the other pages are ok (prices do not show) it is just the product page.

I am using the theme et-black

can anybody help?

All the best,
Cerberus22

Hello geno thank you for this wonderful mod its just what I needed how ever I have a problem, I'm hoping you or some one could help with ...

After replacing files with your no price files I noticed the drop down box to change price (and storage size for Ipods) wasn't working(it didn't change the price no matter what size was chosen), I thought this might be a side effect of installing you mod but when I looked at your demo the drop down box still worked and the prices were hidden before login, I replaced your files with the original to see if the drop down boxes would work again but they don't, I'm now on my 3rd install of prestashop trying to get every thing working any help any one can offer would be fantastic thanks in advance.

-Drew

@drew

Files posted by Geno were for presta1.1
Do not copy them on a 1.2
You should rather report the modification into the 1.2 files

Thank you for the quick reply

is it possible to still use prestashop 1.1? if so could you provide a link?

And also would you be able to post the changes from 1.1 to 1.2

"You should rather report the modification into the 1.2 files" how do I report the bug to the developers?

Sorry I'm very new to prestashop

-I would recommend 1.2.4 for sure as many bugs were resolved there and new features.
-however if you insist in using older version you can see all the previous releases here http://sourceforge.net/projects/prestashop/files/
-I am not sure what changes you are asking for, but if you mean release notes you can find them in the change.txt in the zip of the 1.2 version
-To report prestashop bugs please user the bug tracker (you can see a link to it from the top menu of this page or: http://www.prestashop.com/bug_tracker/

Thank you for the reply First1

i am using prestashop 1.2.4, the mod still works it just stops the drop down boxes from chaning price (as my shop has trade (whole sale) prices) i have decided to continue using it and hope a fix becomes avalible

i have submited a report

thanks for all your help ningu and first1 ill wait and hope for a fix

P.S sorry if the spelling is bad im dyslexic and had very little sleep last night

Hello to all!
I changed the 4 .tpl files successfully. It works as it should do.
However, there is one problem: the prices are still shown in the "Accessories" tab
Any idea how, where and what file(s) I should also change?
Thanks on before for your help,

I posted this message a while ago; doesn't anybody have a solution for this problem?

If a visitor, who didn't sign in, goes to product which has accessories, he can see the prices of those accessories.
The price of the product itself however is covered, like it should be

Thanks on before,

http://www.atelierdejade.eu

Geno did say

{else} Login for Prices & Ordering Options {/if}

sadly im not any good with PHP so i cant help you but if you want to learn it may help

sorry i cant help :(

To resolve...

My English is not so good

This dynamic file that appears i don't know, but to mitigate it occurred to me this.The files to be changed:

your-site\modules\blockcategories\category-tree-branch.tpl
{if $ logged} normal code {else} Log in to see Categories and ordering options. {/ if}

and whichever theme

your-site\themes\prestashop\sistemap.tpl placed at the beginning of line 40 {if $ logged}
end of line 48 {else} Log in to see Categories and ordering options. {/ if}

Humbly hope I have helped.

Thanks a lot, as soon as possible I'll try

Merci beaucoup, dès que possible j'essaierai de mettre cela en oeuvre...

Hi,
I just find a bug.
I ‘am using your method by adding the code in the 4 files and also using the great Customer registration module but :

After the customer completes his email, name, firsname, adresse, surname, town … and even without a validation using the registration module, the customer can see the prices. I dont know why !!!

Perhaps you can help me Please.

Hello, I would like to use your option, i just download and replace the 4tpl files and it is work but then I have others problems in my Prestashop. I have to say you that I'm not using the Themes of Prestashop, I create a new template.

The problems are that when I'm in a Product, and these are the following:
- The "Categories" section disappears.
- The "Pick up your color", appears different, one colors under de other and the green arrow disappears.
- The "Combinations" sections, doesn't change the price.

I send you the link of my Prestashop:
http://www.ortesis.com/andadores/368-car.html

I'm sending you a image attached so that you can see better what happens.

Thanks,
Mònica

PD: Do you speak Spanish?

15037_Tfw8wCl7xDeZQz2yThRS_t

Hi Gino
Thanks for the noprice module it has worked well but now I want to let all see my prices before logging in. When i put your files on my web page i changed the originals to "old" ,so I just changed them back but this did not work. the prices were still hidden. I have mixed it all up and the I could not see anything when I went to a product. going back to the original theme sorted this but now the specials shows a fault and I still cant see the prices on Homefeatured. I am using 1.1.0.4 and my site is www.mayor-hobbies.com/shop.
Can any one help?
Regards,
Howard

Here's my template for my btob site : , I tried to use your solution by modyfying the TPL files & installing the module customerregistration_management. But I have Two problems :
- prices are still visible on the discount block
- prices are still visible if i click the order button

What is the solution ? Thank you for your answer.

Hi,

I was having problem with the no price display.
Then I realized that it was related to the v1.3 version.

So I had to take Geno file and re-apply the changes to the newly designed product.tpl and other files from the 1.3 version.

I hope it solve the No price display until login issues for those on the version 1.3.
Just replace the files in the zip at their respective location on your prestashop store.
Dont forget to save the old one in case of...

I attached the files in a zip

noprice_v_1.3.zip

One small issue I ran into with your 1.3 adjustments is that the Add to Cart button will still be available and active with the files the way you have them. The final {else} and {/if} need to be moved down a few lines to encompass the add to cart button as well as the pricing, otherwise it hides the pricing, but still allows them to add the item to the cart, essentially still seeing the pricing.

The only file that needs to be adjusted was product-list.tpl

{if $logged}                 
{if !$priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$product.price}{else}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0)}{l s='Available'}{else}{l s='Out of stock'}{/if}

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2}
{l s='Add to cart'}
               {else}
{l s='Add to cart'}
               {/if}
{else}
{/if}                

This is the code adjustment to the file that worked for me.

Great work on updating a wonderfully helpful tool for the 1.3 release!

Thank you IAmtheFunk !

I repackaged the files toghether and zipped them and relabeled them as version 1.3.1
as I just noticed today that a new version 1.3.1 is available.

On my part,
I know just enough PHP to be dangerous.

So this patch is actually GENO ( see above) and IAmthefunk contribution.

Find Below the updated files

noprice_v_1.3.1.zip

Works fine in FF and IE but i tested it in Safari 4 today and there seems to be an issue in the product-list.tpl file. See screenshot

25723_B16dmd8hgGw7pH44Rcwm_t

I downloaded Safari and found the same issue.

If you look at my code a few posts above, directly above the first line with {if $logged} there is a

Move the
from before the {if $logged} to after it, but still before the tag.

That fixed it for me in Safari 5. Let me know if it works.

I downloaded Safari and found the same issue.

If you look at my code a few posts above, directly above the first line with {if $logged} there is a

Move the
from before the {if $logged} to after it, but still before the tag.

That fixed it for me in Safari 5. Let me know if it works.

Works perfectly now, thanks!

Thanks a lot, as soon as possible I'll try

Merci beaucoup, dès que possible j'essaierai de mettre cela en oeuvre...

Hi Perruche,

I have just fix the "problem".

If you have the prestashop template, you go to :

In .../themes/prestashop/product.tpl

and you put on the line 373, before the 'p class="product_accessories_price"' : {if $logged}

and at the end of the line 377, before the /p>, you put : {else} {/if}

I hope that my message is clear :)

Good luck

I like this module, but I need a diferent thing.

Some of my products are custgom-made according to the customer. I need to hide the price of this products, I think with the following solution:

If the price is = 0, do not display prices and shopping cart. The add button has to show " Contact for more information " or similar.

Sorry for my english.

i use a Version 1.3.1.1 - 0.205s Shop

when i upload and replace the files, the is no changes in the website.

remark, i use another template, but i uploade to that template folder.

if i need to move some code to the product.tpl and product-list.tpl what code to use ?

are there other modules need to be installed for this to work ?

---------------------------
I couldnt wait, so i just tryed to check the TPL files and i found the parts i needed, so now it works

Note, if you use other modules showing products, you need to add code to them aswell

thanks

i have just added this to my site as what a great idea to make people join

but i see a error all ready

im not logged in and in the middle i get the login to see prices ect, but on the main right hand side , it shows the price?

35587_cbwL7k8rtGzzU22Sifla_t

Thank you IAmtheFunk !

I repackaged the files toghether and zipped them and relabeled them as version 1.3.1
as I just noticed today that a new version 1.3.1 is available.

On my part,
I know just enough PHP to be dangerous.

So this patch is actually GENO ( see above) and IAmthefunk contribution.

Find Below the updated files

Hi,

Nice! Working on PS 1.3.5, thanks to all of you...
I would suggest to repack as following:

You can put the "blockspecial" and "homefeatured" in a new folder "modules" under the "themes" so you would have the files like this:

root/prestashop/themes/my_theme/ (a new folder "modules" with "blockspecial" and "homefeatured" inside) + product.tpl and product-list.tpl as it is now.

Rename the original product-list to product-list_off and product.tpl to product.tpl_off before uploading the new files, in case...!

Regards :coolsmile:

i have just added this to my site as what a great idea to make people join

but i see a error all ready

im not logged in and in the middle i get the login to see prices ect, but on the main right hand side , it shows the price?

Yes it's a problem for me too !

have you find a solution ? or anybody can help us ?

Hi,

can anyone help me to adapt the tpl files (noprices) for PS 1.4?

Only the product_list.tpl seems to have remained the same...

Thx

I am also interested for version 1.4 Prestashop thank you.

Hi

I have the files changed for 1.4 but the translation work not right in the Modul Homefeatured and blockspecials.

i use this class

{l s='Login for Prices & Ordering Options'}

44274_XF9i64uAOCWsJFEWWvMd_t

44275_ijhhE28wF1xxqu6lnHyp_t

no prices.zip

Hi did anyone fix the cookie problem after the initial account creation?

Basically, all prices become visible before an account is validated. This only occurs immediately after a user creates a new account.

PS creates a logged cookie without any validation of new accounts.

it does not work for me, I replaced your files with mine.... can't believe it
which version of prestashop are you using newcommer ?
mine 1.4.0.17

Hello everybody,
I have a specific Homefeatures block called DDLX_produitsphares.
I need to change the code in order to not show the price and the "add to cart" button until login.
Do somebody now how to do it?

></pre>
<table border="0" width="180">getImageLink($product.link_rewrite, $product.id_image, 'home')}" alt="{$product.legend|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"/>
{$product.name|regex_replace:"/^(\w+\s+\w+)/":"\\1
"}{if $displayprice==1}
{if !$priceDisplay || $priceDisplay == 2}
{convertPrice price=$product.price}{if $priceDisplay == 0 || $$priceDisplay == 2} {l s='+Tx' mod='DDLX_produitsphares'}{/if}{/if}
{if $priceDisplay}
{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{if $priceDisplay == 1} {l s='-Tx' mod='DDLX_produitsphares'}{/if}{/if}
{/if}{if $view==1}{l s='View' mod='DDLX_produitsphares'}{/if}{if ($product.quantity > 0 OR $product.allow_oosp) AND $product.customizable != 2 AND $addcart==1}
{l s='Add to cart' mod='DDLX_produitsphares'}
                                   {else}
{l s='Add to cart' mod='DDLX_produitsphares'}
{/if}</table>
<br>{/foreach}<br>   {else} <p>{l s='No featured products' mod='DDLX_produitsphares'}</p>
<br>   {/if}<br><!-- /MODULE Home Featured Products 

Thanks in advance

Can't seem to get this to work with 1.4.1.0
Tried re-caching also.
Does anyone know of a downloadable solution? This thread has become so fragmented it is quite difficult to follow the versioning.

Does it have any version that works with the 1.4.3 version of Prestashop ?

* Update : It works with the last version.

Update

The Modul works with Presta 1.4.4.1 and the translation works.

not work for me!

Only appears in the left column.

regards!

Hello

this is realy great work, thank for all people developing this

But I have a problem with 1.3.6 version

I have different prices for different attiributes of the product. When I login , I change the attributes, the prices remains the default price of the product.

is the any solution for this

thanks again

Hi, thanx for this module ...... It works great but......

It only works great with prestashop 1.4.4.1 when it's updated from an older version.

When I tried the same thing on a prestashop that was a clean install (again version 1.4.4.1) it didn't work.....

Am I doing something wrong or is this just the way it is?

Thanx upfront for any useful reply ;-)