[Solved] Database Stability

I know its still an early pre release but its worth asking anyhow, will there be any significant changes at database level between now and version 1.0? I have thousands of products to add when my Prestashop goes live, and an early start would be really cool in my opinion.

In a word, no.  Some changes will inevitably touch upon the database area but we don't anticipate any major changes before v1.0.  So feel free to start entering your catalogue in the Back Office.

However, we just ask that you install v0.8.9 first, to be released later this evening or tomorrow.  Many bug fixes and a brand-new Install/Update wizard should make using PrestaShop that much easier.

Please note that v1.0 will include a bulk lister for very fast & easy importing of data from many existing online shops/shopping cart applications.  8)

We can't say for sure just yet, but obviously we're trying to leverage as many different data sources as possible.  Compatibility with osCommerce and derivatives Zen Cart and CRE Loaded are near the top of the list, however, so chances are good to very good that Zen Cart data will be importable by v1.0. :)