Tutorial/Guide for prestashop themes

Hello mates

Is there any guide or tutorial to change a presta shop template (wich files to modify) in order to play around with colours and design of a template already made? And how to start a fresh template from 0?

cheers

Actually Ribamar23, its kind of chaotic to write a template creating tutorial right now.

However, it would be a good attempt if one could document the global.css file with more descriptions and images for reference.

Right now, we use some developer tools to identify the element CSS and edit accordingly in the CSS file.

Apart from CSS, some hacks in the template files and module files are also needed to achieve the desired look.

Yeah, it will be a tough task to accomplish right away, but will try to organize first and then document it.

I will keep you updated on that.

Cheers..

Hello mates

Is there any guide or tutorial to change a presta shop template (wich files to modify) in order to play around with colours and design of a template already made? And how to start a fresh template from 0?

cheers

Actually Ribamar23, its kind of chaotic to write a template creating tutorial right now.

However, it would be a good attempt if one could document the global.css file with more descriptions and images for reference.

Right now, we use some developer tools to identify the element CSS and edit accordingly in the CSS file.

Apart from CSS, some hacks in the template files and module files are also needed to achieve the desired look.

Yeah, it will be a tough task to accomplish right away, but will try to organize first and then document it.

I will keep you updated on that.

Cheers..

can you PM me when you have something?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You can build the website with css but what if you want to change the whole design?
I'd like to know how to show contents of like modules or stuff like that.
I know I'm supposed to work with "hooks" but I don't like the system at all..

Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Hello mates

cheers

Hi

I have over 13 years of software development in Microsoft based software development technologies. But I am a newbie to PHP and especially to Prestashop framework. I am learning the framework and in the process, started to write a series of posts(Creating a Prestashop 1.4 theme from scratch) to outline the creation of a new Prestashop theme using Visual Studio and other tools. The posts primarily are targeted towards a PHP/Prestashop newbie.

Please visit Creating a Prestashop 1.4 theme from scratch and share my experiences through my learning phase. I hope active participation from other novice Prestashop programmers like me and advices from Prestashop experts to make the posts helpful for others who require it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

this layout can help you to change the css

What theme does that apply to? Or is it all of them? I just installed PrestaShop and haven't added any categories or products or anything at all yet, and my front page is just a logo and a blank screen... when I view the css I don't see divs with the names in that graphic anywhere... do they show up as you add things?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...