pbweb99

PS 1.4 Display Product Location on product page

Hello,

I'm looking to add product location ID to product page just like reference ID. If possible, the location id can also be search from either both front end and back office. Any help, please....

themes folder/product.tpl, exactly where depends on where you want it to be seen but my guess would be somewhere below "<!-- left infos-->"

/Mats

Mats,

Thanks for the help. Here is the full code for that.

<p id="product_location" {if isset($groups) OR !$product->location}style="display: none;"{/if}><label for="product_location">{l s='Location :'} </label><span class="editable">{$product->location|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</span></p>

I don't know if the location # can be searchable, but i will check it and let you guy know.

Also, is there anyway, i can do search location # for backend on the search box.

Need help for adding another column in backend for search result page. I'm looking to add column "location" and can be search. Please check attachment img for detail. location_search.jpg

It looks like you need to edit the /* Product research */ section of admin/tabs/AdminSearch.php on line 116 (in PrestaShop v1.4.4). Try changing:

'name' => array('title' => $this->l('Name')),

to:

'name' => array('title' => $this->l('Name')),
'location' => array('title' => $this->l('Location')),

Thanks Rocky,

I've follow your instruction. However, I still wouldn't be able to search for location #. Also it didn't display rite. Please check the attach imgs. Any help would be great.

location_2.jpg

location_3.jpg

Looks like I was looking in the wrong area. Try this instead. Override the searchByName function of classes/Product.php and change:

WHERE pl.`name` LIKE \'%'.pSQL($query).'%\' OR p.`reference` LIKE \'%'.pSQL($query).'%\' OR p.`supplier_reference` LIKE \'%'.pSQL($query).'%\'

to:

WHERE pl.`name` LIKE \'%'.pSQL($query).'%\' OR p.`reference` LIKE \'%'.pSQL($query).'%\' OR p.`supplier_reference` LIKE \'%'.pSQL($query).'%\' OR p.`location` LIKE \'%'.pSQL($query).'%\' 

Rocky,

wow great, i think we're getting there. I can search for location # on back end now. except the result didn't display correctly. please check the img. location_4.jpg