[Module] Mailchimp module [newsletter]

Hello,

We are proud to release the first version of the Mailchimp module for Prestashop. You can use the module with a free Mailchimp account up to 2000 subsribers and 12.000 mails/month or a paid plan if you need more.

The module is free and you can use it on Prestashop 1.4.x (we still need to fix some bugs on 1.3.6)

You can download the module from: http://mailchimp.kweb.ro/download-module/

We will also add tutorials and screenshots on the dedicated page very soon.

If you have suggestions, or find any bugs please don't hesitate to reply to this topic or contact us in private.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Interested to know what it does?

I just incorporated the the non styled signup form from mailchimp in a modal popup window which works well. Just doesn't integrate the registration opt in newsletter subscribers.. Hope this is an all in 1 solution?

You can send newsletters from the prestashop backend and you can also add your customers to the mailchimp lists using multiple filters, just go to the mailchimp tab ( http://screencast.com/t/Ucx10sFOYEix ) and you will see all the options the module provides.

Interested to know what it does?

I just incorporated the the non styled signup form from mailchimp in a modal popup window which works well. Just doesn't integrate the registration opt in newsletter subscribers.. Hope this is an all in 1 solution?

It breaks the positions page in the backoffice.

Nothing shows until I uninstall the Mailchimp module.

Can you please specify the exact prestashop version you have installed ?

Prestashop 1.4.3

I can't add old registered users, wich selected to subscribe to the newsletter, to my mailchimp list

I'm a new mailchimp user ...

Prestashop 1.4.3

I can't add old registered users, wich selected to subscribe to the newsletter, to my mailchimp list

I'm a new mailchimp user ...

Do you get any error ? Please note that when you select to add the registered users to the newsletter a confirmation email is sent to them from mailchimp and you will see them in the mailchimp account only after they click on the confirmation link from that email. This is a mailchimp feature, there is no way around it.

On prestashop 1.3.6 is not working this module. If i install i get a blank page after, if i acces the frontpage of my store.

Nobody know why this happening??

There are some bugs we missed on Prestashop 1.3.6, we are working to fix them and we will launch the next version (1.1) of the module when we do.

I'm using the latest version 1.4.3.

On prestashop 1.3.6 is not working this module. If i install i get a blank page after, if i acces the frontpage of my store.

Nobody know why this happening??

There are some bugs we missed on Prestashop 1.3.6, we are working to fix them and we will launch the next version (1.1) of the module when we do.

Thank you very much for this and best wishes (aka Mulţumesc).

We still have some bugs to fix in 1.3.x. The next version of the module we launch will be 100% compatible with 1.3.x too.

Thank you for your feedback.

Great Module, I love it !

However, I have a question: We can use a cron task to upload new registred users to the newsletter database but can we upload by a cron task modifications to the old customers?

• Like 1

Module in prestahop seems nice, but i don't want my users to get another subscribe message from Mailchimp if i'm adding them to the list.

Is there a way to cut this stage or i'm doing something wrong?

(I thought i can't send an newsletter if i don't first push my users into the subscribe selection?)

Tnx!

Module in prestahop seems nice, but i don't want my users to get another subscribe message from Mailchimp if i'm adding them to the list.

Is there a way to cut this stage or i'm doing something wrong?

(I thought i can't send an newsletter if i don't first push my users into the subscribe selection?)

Tnx!

Unfortunately there is no way to bypass that step, it's a mandatory step from mailchimp to avoid users who send spam.

Your clients who will want to receive newsletters from you will click on the confirmation link without any problems, it takes a couple of seconds. And the ones who don't want any newsletter, why would you want to send them anything, just to piss them off and not use your store in the future ?

I'm using the latest version 1.4.3.

I have the same problem with 1.4.4.0. Hope there is a fix for this great module.

Hello,

I had the same problem

This is showing when you have mc360 installed because it calls the MCAPI.class.php in a different version

The solution:

Open mc360.php and replace require_once by

require_once _PS_MODULE_DIR_ . 'mailchimp/MCAPI.class.php';

Hope it helps

Hello,

I had the same problem

This is showing when you have mc360 installed because it calls the MCAPI.class.php in a different version

The solution:

Open mc360.php and replace require_once by

require_once _PS_MODULE_DIR_ . 'mailchimp/MCAPI.class.php';

Hope it helps

That did the Trick: THANKS!! neastea18

For users using prestashop 1.3 please download the module, install it and if you still have problems please post the exact version of your shop, if you are using any other module related to mailchimp (a list with all the custom modules are welcomed), and if possible activate debugging mode and send us any error you receive.

We tested the module on 1.3, 1.3.4, 1.3.7, 1.4.0, 1.4.3 and it works without any errors, the only small issue is on 1.3.X:

- if you don't want to complete the "Newsletter Form Code:" in the module configuration them please remove mailchimp from positions to avoid braking the shop (in the next version we will fix this issue too).

There are known compatibility problems with the module "mc360".

Thanks

Hi!

Great module! Been testing it over the past couple of days... so when we add a customer to a mailchimp list, and email is sent to the customer asking them to subscribe, yes?

How are un-subscriptions handled from both the PS and mailchimp email sides?

Also, why are there multiple emails/customers that show up in the top list (under Modules tab >> MailChimp)?

Thanks!

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Tools::addCSS() in /home/../../../modules/mailchimp/mailchimp.php on line 149

That happens to my shop on frontpage after install module.

Shop version - 1.3.7, Theme: Assembly

Just installed this excellent module in my store & I LOVE it !! (running Prestashop 1.4.4)

I also integrated a MailChimp sign-up form on my Facebook page for my business.

All subscribers from BOTH capture forms appear in my MailChimp dashboard.

Such a Wonderful set of tools for a small business!

I can create my newsletter in Mailchimp & send it to everyone who has subscribed from both, my website, AND my Facebook page !

It's unreal that a full service mail client like MailChimp is free !

I had a small issue, and customer service replied within hours. Hell, alot of PAID services have little to no customer service, and you'll wait DAYS for a reply.

mailchimp_logo.png

MailChimp ROCKS !!!!

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Tools::addCSS() in /home/../../../modules/mailchimp/mailchimp.php on line 149

That happens to my shop on frontpage after install module.

Shop version - 1.3.7, Theme: Assembly

Do you have any other mailchimp related module installed ?

Do you get that error in the shop or admin panel ?

Thanks.

Hi!

Great module! Been testing it over the past couple of days... so when we add a customer to a mailchimp list, and email is sent to the customer asking them to subscribe, yes?

How are un-subscriptions handled from both the PS and mailchimp email sides?

Also, why are there multiple emails/customers that show up in the top list (under Modules tab >> MailChimp)?

Thanks!

Yes, when an email is added to a mailchimp list, mailchimp automatically sends a confirmation email to the user and he can confirm or not.

Every email sent with mailchimp has an unsubscription link that every user can use anytime to unsubscribe.

Modules tab >> MailChimp you have the option to sort customers and make custom lists, for example you can sort only customers fom US for example, or only customers that signed up within a week or any combination available.

One of the best features of the sorting is to create a list with all the customers who signed up but didn't make any orders yet, so you can send them a special offer, a coupon or any other information that would help him order.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

great module!

Just a couple of questions:

Where can I translate the 'subscribe to our mailinglist' part of the module that is visible on the frontoffice?

And if a user unsubsribes through his store account by removing the tick-box it doesn't automatically get transfered to my mailchimp account, right?

So customers can never unsubrscribe via their store account if I am correct?

Thanks for the module and keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...

Will it ever support adding product directly to templates in Mailchimp account. I using 2 account (end-buyers and wholesale) and it is a time-killer to prepare e-commerce newsletter.

but having problem when I start sync prestashop and mailchimp account it won't add new customers and subscribers to mailing list. I'm using prestashop 1.4.4.1. For now I do it manualy once a week.

This feature is most wanted from me an will pay for it if nessesary :).

This is a greattt module, but I cant put him to work on my website.

I'm using 1.4.5.1 version, I can install the module but on backoffice it just appear the instructions panel, Newsletter Form Code and test email text box, I don't have more options.

I already have an account.

Am I doing something wrong?

thnaks

• 10 months later...

that's OK. they receive a confirmation email before anything.

a wonderful module working well under PS 1.4.4.1

If you had old registered users in Prestashop that accept to receive your newsletter, so why they confirm again this?

I saw that the unique way is adding manually or importing in Mailchimp these users. So I need to export to .csv my old users in prestashop. And why two buttons in mailchimp module for prestashop? "Add users to" and "Subscribe to"? I think one of these buttons should add directly without confirmation these old users. Are you of course?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The module itself works correctly in 1.5 regarding the front end, but it doesn't add a "MailChimp" tab to the backoffice, so it's not possible to send newsletters and manage users from the back office. There is probably a way to create that tab manually, but I don't know how, unfortunately. :(

Edited by janoroh (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Please can anyone kindly advise.

I am happily using Prestashop version 1.3.

I have a list of customers emails and I now want to send out a general newsletter/email.

I exported a .CSV file onto desktop, but now don't know how to integrate with a

mailshot module and which one. Mail Chimp looked good but I think the module is for later Prestashop versions?

ADVICE MUCH APPRECIATED!

• 4 weeks later...

Now I run a little test on a version 1.5.3.1

the front office run it fine and new entries will be sent directly to MailChimp

but in the back office there will be no tab for the module so new customers who also sign up for e-mails can not get advance through the system

it should be possible to do manually a tab in the back office, if you are just a little more shark at it than me

Does anyone have skills and want to try forces with this?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

ive installed this module on my shop 1.4.9 and the newsletter block shows on the right hand side, but there is nothing in it? its just an empty box.

Can anyone advise what im doing wrong?

Thanks

• 8 months later...

long shot as I can see this module isn't really active but I have got most of the features working.....but the cron job is not adding users to mailchimp when executing.

Has anyone else got it too work...this store is running on 1.3.7