how to modify order steps in prestashop 1.4.2.5 ?

Senjaman

Hi,

I need to modify order steps, starting with 'login' then 'summary' because I think it's not an easy way for customers to enter a reduction code, they have to go back on summary page and some of my customers encounter problems with that.

Please help if you can, I tried to modify my /themes/prestashop_alt/order_steps.tpl replacing :

<li class="{if $current_step=='summary'}step_current{else}{if $current_step=='payment' || $current_step=='shipping' || $current_step=='address' || $current_step=='login'}step_done{else}step_todo{/if}{/if}">
	{if $current_step=='payment' || $current_step=='shipping' || $current_step=='address' || $current_step=='login'}
	<a href="{$link->getPageLink('order.php', true)}{if isset($back) && $back}?back={$back}{/if}">
		{l s='Summary'}
	</a>
	{else}
	{l s='Summary'}
	{/if}
</li>
<li class="{if $current_step=='login'}step_current{else}{if $current_step=='payment' || $current_step=='shipping' || $current_step=='address'}step_done{else}step_todo{/if}{/if}">
	{if $current_step=='payment' || $current_step=='shipping' || $current_step=='address'}
	<a href="{$link->getPageLink('order.php', true)}?step=1{if isset($back) && $back}&back={$back}{/if}">
		{l s='Login'}
	</a>
	{else}
	{l s='Login'}
	{/if}
</li>

with

<li class="{if $current_step=='login'}step_current{else}{if $current_step=='payment' || $current_step=='shipping' || $current_step=='address' || $current_step=='summary'}step_done{else}step_todo{/if}{/if}">
	{if $current_step=='payment' || $current_step=='shipping' || $current_step=='address' || $current_step=='summary'}
	<a href="{$link->getPageLink('order.php', true)}{if isset($back) && $back}?back={$back}{/if}">
		{l s='Login'}
	</a>
	{else}
	{l s='Login'}
	{/if}
</li>
<li class="{if $current_step=='summary'}step_current{else}{if $current_step=='payment' || $current_step=='shipping' || $current_step=='address'}step_done{else}step_todo{/if}{/if}">
	{if $current_step=='payment' || $current_step=='shipping' || $current_step=='address'}
	<a href="{$link->getPageLink('order.php', true)}?step=1{if isset($back) && $back}&back={$back}{/if}">
		{l s='Summary'}
	</a>
	{else}
	{l s='Summary'}
	{/if}
</li>

but it doesn't work very well, order steps are modified but I jump from 'login' to 'address' and customers don't see the summary.

I think you have to look in the OrderController too, not only in the order-steps.tpl, the order-steps.tpl is only the list in the top of the checkout process.

I am very new in Presta but it is not so difficult to change anything if you can oop-php :)

cheers,

tobi