403 error

I am not sure if I should report this issue here. I have installed PS for a sub-domain. Then my sites which included the main domain and subdomain were down for 2 days due to 403 error. It was working before and just suddenly got this message. So I contacted my server provider, and that is the email he sent me:

It was the htaccess file that comes with the Prestashop script, it was stopping you from accessing the pages.

Does any body run into this kind of problems before with PS?

• 2 months later...

I realize I'm a bit late posting and hopefully you've already figured it out, but if not...

The problem is most default server installations have don't allow FollowSymLinks

To fix it just add the line: Options FollowSymLinks somewhere at the top of your htaccess file. I put mine just below the RewriteEngine on line.

# URL rewriting module activation
RewriteEngine on
Options FollowSymLinks

# URL rewriting rules

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

The root directory of PrestaShop. If you have installed PrestaShop in your public_html directory, it should be here. If you installed PrestaShop in its own prestashop directory, it should be in that prestashop directory.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
I realize I'm a bit late posting and hopefully you've already figured it out, but if not...

The problem is most default server installations have don't allow FollowSymLinks

To fix it just add the line: Options FollowSymLinks somewhere at the top of your htaccess file. I put mine just below the RewriteEngine on line.

# URL rewriting module activation
RewriteEngine on
Options FollowSymLinks

# URL rewriting rules

No work.
I use module El API de Twenga v1.6 form prestashop.

My error is :
Error #403 :
This call to Twenga Web Services failed and returned an HTTP status of 403. That means:
Authentication failed.

Any Solution please?
Thank's
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • http 403 error 
  • Forbidden
  • You don't have permission to access /de/ on this server.

In most case a Result seen as denied to surf in Website for each countries that you have choosen. 

Quick Solution 1 min work .... follow Admin Panel:

1. Localization
  2. Country ( select land)
  3. switch to Active    ( scroll to bottom text)
  • Display this country to your customers (the selected country will always be displayed in the Back Office) 
  • Like 1