Bug? Tax incl/excl

Since I'm in the EU, customers outside of EU should not pay VAT. I have fixed the EU zone so that eg Norway is excluded from the group of countries that should pay VAT. All fair and good, correct prices are shown and charged.

But, logged in as a non EU customer, the text at the product details page reads "tax incl.", also on the cart "Prices are tax included".

Since tax isn't (and shouldn't be) included, I think this is wrong. I guess one could argue that all taxes (that are applicable) are included, but I could easily imagine a non EU customer seeing "tax incl." and expecting the final price to be lower than shown...

Ideally, I guess someting like "tax not applicable" might be clearer than "tax excl." (so they won't expect tax to be added later on in the shopping process); anyways, I don't know how to change the behaviour so any tips would be apreciated!

/Mats

I agree with your comment.

For the countries where I have said no taxes should be applied the cart and checkout process still state 'tax incl.' whch is wrong. It should state 'no tax incl.'

Anyone any ideas on how to fix this?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok explain a little more where exactly you rae seeing this tax included line.

In my shop the tax incl. or tax excl. does not appear in the cart, product details or in cart details.

On the last page of check out where it says Please select your preferred payment method to pay the amount of $XXX.XX there was a line that said (tax incl.) weather tax was applied or not.

I simply removed that line from and now the line shows final price and no line to show tax incl or excl.

If the customer wants to know if the price includes tax or not they simply look a little right at the cart and the tax line will show the taxes applid to final price.

If this is what you are speaking of I can show you how to make this modification if not take a snapshot so I can see what your speaking of. :D

Hi!

Same problem here.

Maybe a screenshot will help in understanding (please see the attached file).

Even though my testuser is located in Oman, (no tax rule for this country), the price information says incl taxes, whereas in the cart no taxes are shown (which is correct). The price itself is correct (without taxes) as well!

Kind regards

Martin

post-302119-0-83348900-1325664086_thumb.jpg

Strange indeed.

As you can see in this snapshot my cart does not say tax included or excluded

Go to Tools/ Translations, select "Front office translations" in the dropdown, click the flag of your language, then scroll down to the "prestashop - shopping-cart" and rewrite the strings without the (tax incl.) and (tax excl.) parts.

What vesion of Prestashop are you using.

(pic removed)

Hi again,

so I´ve just found out, where this can be configured:

BO-->Customers-->Groups --< if you edit the default group, you can choose the "Price display method" for the whole group.

And unfortunately, this setting can only be influenced by allow shipping to all countries worldwide and set the tax rule for coutries outside the EU to 0%. And then it still says taxes included.

Not very nice I´d say.

Kind regards

Martin Gebhartl

• 3 years later...

Hi.

I've been having a look into this and a possible solution is (v1.6):

Localization - Countries - Select a non-tax country - Scroll to the bottom and change the 'Display tax label (e.g. "Tax incl.")' to No.

However, this hasn't changed anything in my shop :( and this would mean having to go through ALL the non-tax countries to set this.

Really this setting should be placed in the 'Zones'

PLUS, as an addon to this bug. I have found that if you have products that don't have tax added i.e. books in the UK, the label still shows 'tax inc.'

UPDATE: This does work, jsut uninstall the EU module that comes with 1.6.

Edited by DJPhill (see edit history)

• 2 months later...