Guest Checkout: Invoice and Delivery Addresses, Why Not in 1.4x?

So I upgraded about a month ago on my non-production PS site. Goodie goodie, I thought, now I'll have OPC with guest access, like any 3rd rate shopping cart should. Oy vey, not so, those tricky little PS developers got me again!

Has anybody figured out how to hack this hunk of ** and make it so a guest can have BOTH a delivery and an invoice address? I saw a bug report where this issue was closed - those smarty PS developers sure know their e-com stuff----we don't need it, right???!!!

Sorry if I'm being a dillhole about it, I just think this is stooooopid and wondering if anybody managed to work around this in 1.4x.

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really need this, too. Has anyone come up with a solution? Is there a module available? This is causing cart abandonment as there is no where for a Guest to put a different address if the credit card and delivery address is not the same.

• 1 year later...

The same problem with 1.5. A lot of customers need to use different address (tire shop - invoice address and delivery address to tire change service) and they dont want to register !!!! The whole checkout process in prestashop is really BAD BAD...

• 1 month later...

The same problem with 1.5. A lot of customers need to use different address (tire shop - invoice address and delivery address to tire change service) and they dont want to register !!!! The whole checkout process in prestashop is really BAD BAD...

Is this true, you can't have a separate billing address with guest checkout in version 1.5?

Edited by gregor92 (see edit history)