Maximum quantity is limited to 999

Hello there,

I am a newbee and started using PS 1.4.3.

I am having a specific problem, I believe it is about configuration, but I dont find anything such in the back ofice.

On the front office, the customer can not add more then 999 quantities of a item with the add to cart form. It seem that the field size of quantity is restricted to 3. Mine is a wholesale shop, so I want to allow customer to order more then 10,000 quantities or even millions for few of my products.

See here a demo of the problem

thanks for any help

49517_V4C2MZd7uj5zjpfZ9BuD_t

Hello there,

I am a newbee and started using PS 1.4.3.

I am having a specific problem, I believe it is about configuration, but I dont find anything such in the back ofice.

On the front office, the customer can not add more then 999 quantities of a item with the add to cart form. It seem that the field size of quantity is restricted to 3. Mine is a wholesale shop, so I want to allow customer to order more then 10,000 quantities or even millions for few of my products.

See here a demo of the problem

thanks for any help

Can anyone please tell me which file is to change for the Quantity field provided on the image..
thanks for any help in advance

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. We sell promotional items, like pens, t-shirts, usb disks etc. The orders can easily go 1000 or above.

Is there a quick fix to allow quantity more than 1,000 pieces?

I'm using 1.4.3.

Thanks!

Felix

www.teabreaker.com

Until solved, maybe this'll be a OK workaround?

Add Attributes, eg "1 item", "10 items", "100 items"...

Then the customer can buy eg 100 of the "100 items" variation and thus get 10000 items.

Just a thought.

/Mats

• 3 months later...

in product.tpl for your chosen theme change size to 4 and maxlength to 4 below.

<!-- quantity wanted -->
  <p id="quantity_wanted_p"{if (!$allow_oosp && $product->quantity == 0) OR $virtual OR !$product->available_for_order OR $PS_CATALOG_MODE} style="display: none;"{/if}>
   <label>{l s='Quantity :'}</label>
   <input type="text" name="qty" id="quantity_wanted" class="text" value="{if isset($quantityBackup)}{$quantityBackup|intval}{else}{if $product->minimal_quantity > 1}{$product->minimal_quantity}{else}1{/if}{/if}" size="4" maxlength="4" {if $product->minimal_quantity > 1}onkeyup="checkMinimalQuantity({$product->minimal_quantity});"{/if} />
  </p>

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
in product.tpl for your chosen theme change size to 4 and maxlength to 4 below.

quantity == 0) OR $virtual OR !$product->available_for_order OR $PS_CATALOG_MODE} style="display: none;"{/if}> {l s='Quantity :'} minimal_quantity > 1}onkeyup="checkMinimalQuantity({$product->minimal_quantity});"{/if} />

Hey Thanks for me work this correctly

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

for everyone who use 1.5.x version:

themes/YOUR_THEME/product.tpl

there is a code:

<input type="text" name="qty" id="quantity_wanted" class="text" value="{if isset($quantityBackup)}{$quantityBackup|intval}{else}{if $product->minimal_quantity > 1}{$product->minimal_quantity}{else}1{/if}{/if}" size="2" maxlength="3" {if $product->minimal_quantity > 1}onkeyup="checkMinimalQuantity({$product->minimal_quantity});"{/if} />

it's necessary to change maxlength="3" param value to something other, for example maxlength="5" then you will be able to use 99999 as a quantity :) 

• 5 years later...