Purchased SSL from godaddy, installed, and turned on SSL in back office, Now I login to back office and blank page. Front office also blank

Justoey

I downloaded version 1.4 in May and I got the entire shop working online just fine. I have even had several orders successfully placed through my shop.

Being a newcomer in the e-commerce, I completely overlooked getting an ssl for my customers protection.

I went to godaddy.com and purchased a license. I was able to get my key, CSR, and CRT fully installed in my cpanel.

I then proceeded into my back office and checked Enable SSL.

I received this error:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.puressentials.com.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

I tried to trouble shoot this error in the forums but seem to have made things worse for myself.

I changed one line in my login.php file and I was able to get to my back office login screen.
After login, I get a completely blank page.
When I go to my front office, I get a completely blank page as well.

Can I provide my ftp info and have somebody look into it to see if they can spot my error?

Thank you so much
-Joseph

Hi
Sometimes "ssl_error_rx_record_too_long error" occurs inside of a ssl key not found error. So may be your store's certificate wasnt configured for the dedicated IP.
Other hand, you can get this error if you publish more than one domain per a dedicated IP.

What would I use to configure my certificate for the dedicated IP? Cpanel? Backoffice?

Speaking off back office, do you know how I would go about getting back into my back office with the "ssl_error_rx_record_too_long error" still showing up when I go to ...prestashop/admin/login.php?