What is it that's killing me at the check-out?

Edgeco

My site is open about two and half months. It's attracted more than 2,500 visitors and more than 700 filled carts. But not one single order other than test orders. Carts are being dumped at the sign-in stage. I have tried single-page and multiple page checkout. Same negative result.

The products are well priced and well accepted when sold face-to-face.

SSL certificate and seal has been installed. We offer a Money-Back Guarantee. But customers are not getting as far as selecting a payment option. I am now testing a free product download but even these are being dropped at the sign-in with customers not wanting to register.

I realise the site might be tweaked a bit for appearance. Have also tested adding "New products" "Specials" and "Best Seller" blocks. But I feel there may be something fundamentally wrong in my order process, or my marketing approach that's scaring, or preventing customers from signing in. Please will you experienced eShop professionals give me an informed opinion? It will be very greatly appreciated.

Phil
www.leadersedge.co.za

Thanks for your reply - it's appreciated. But our situation is that customers have perused the products and presumably like them, checked out the price, filled their carts and proceeded to checkout and then refused, or have not been able to sign in. And that's all of them so far! So it's a deeper problem than the logo, which we have had for several years and use as a brand. We have lots of experience in marketing but this is our first with an eShop. I need to know if there is something fundamentally wrong with our setup, or approach.

All comments very greatfully received. Phil www.leadersedge.co.za

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your shipping is really high.. that could be the issues. I had a similiar issue and went to free shipping and got slammed with orders. Try it for a while. jack up the price to account for the shipping if you have to.

I agree, high shipping costs really put people off completing a purchase they don't like being surprised with extra charges at the end.

best regards,

Tim