[MODULE] Google Plus One - Add a Google Plus One button to the product page or any other location.

tomerg3

This module adds a Google Plus One button to the product page.

You can configure the size and count.

Works in Multiple Languages.

Tested on PrestaShop 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6.x

http://www.presto-ch...e-plus-one.html

Direct Download: http://www.presto-changeo.com/attachment.php?id_attachment=9

V1.1 released, it includes
* Google Analytics log of events (+1 or -1)
* Better formatting.

V1.2 released
* Support for PS 1.5

V1.3 released

* Updated API call (sending product image)

V1.3.1 released
* Fix for new custom hook system in PS 1.5.5+

V1.3.2 released
* Added JavaScript asynchronously

V1.4 released
* Optimized for PrestaShop 1.6

post-20153-0-02919100-1403651905_thumb.png

post-20153-0-54903800-1403651908_thumb.png

• Like 5

Hi,

I too can confirm this has fixed the above issue I was having!

It was weird that it worked in some positions usually near the bottom, but not near the top. Anyways, it's fixed and working better than ever!

Thanks again!

As tomer already stated you need to check the non-positional hook option at the top. Then you need to scroll down to near the bottom. I think this module gets hooked to a couple of different hooks.... but the one you are interested in is the is titled "extra left something" (I forget the exact name).

HTH!

Hey Tomerg,

Thank you for this module. I installed it in my site as a custom hook. Followed your instructions, added script in header.php and HOOK in product.tpl
But when someone click on +1 the button turns red. I don't know what can be the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

my site: http://stepcare.eu/shop/lang-en/384-hydrocolloid-blister-plasters-l.html

my code in product.tpl

{$HOOK_GOOGLE_PLUS_ONE}

{$HOOK_FACEBOOK_LIKE}

Hey Tomer,

I am glad you answered.

It's really strange...I uninstalled all the social modules and installed again. made some modifications to the css....now everything is working and I don't know what was messed up.

Do we can add the google plus button to cms pages. I tried without success. Do you have any idea how we can make it?

Thank you

Thank you Tomer,

yes, the button renders in cms pages.

But it seems +1 button not working on this site. It just turns red after making +1 any page. The same actions I tested on another store, and there it works just fine...it seems that my custom template build on 1.2.5 has some issues with the current 1.3.2 code.
It seems the site needs serious developer to deal with. I am giving up for now to add the +1 button.

Hey Tomer,

I am glad you answered.

It's really strange...I uninstalled all the social modules and installed again. made some modifications to the css....now everything is working and I don't know what was messed up.

Do we can add the google plus button to cms pages. I tried without success. Do you have any idea how we can make it?

Thank you

Im having the same issue. Did you uninstall the facebook like module then reinstall it to get it working? What did you edit in the css file?

I am having the same issue and can't seem to figure a solution. Here is a test page: http://www.otleyrunfancydress.co.uk/designer-shoes/306-something-blue-shoes-sex-and-the-city-pumps-wedding-heels.html

Cheers for your help in advance.

to: fancydressqueen

Hi, I was confused the button is working...I think it was a cache issue, because I uninstalled all social modules, then reinstalled again, made the necessary changes in header.php and product.tpl

I spent almost a day to get it working without success.
I tried all the methods, even manual add (without the module - just the script and html code), but also without success.

The CSS is not the issue. I have the same css and step by step actions in another store and there it works perfectly, even with facebook like button and social icons.

My issue is probably with the code - I have custom made template based on 1.2.5. and manually upgraded to 1.3.2

So, this is what I've done...I am sorry I can't help.

Regards,
Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Great module! Been using this one and your facebook like (amongst your other paid modules) one since v1.2.5.

So we've been using this one on the extra left hook on the product pages; but now we want to add these buttons to the left column too. So in both places (hooks). The location and look of the buttons on the product pages are perfect; however, we want to change the location and look of this button when in the left column.

Is there a way to change the look and layout depending on the hook or individually?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Modules->Position->Tick the non-positional checkbox and look for "plus one"

hello

i have the same problem with the position. i do what you Sade but i didn't understand what must i do to move the button to top of "sent to friend" ? could you please explain me?

and how can i show it in the main page of shop?

thank you very much.

Modules->Position->Tick the non-positional checkbox and look for "plus one"

hello

i have the same problem with the position. i do what you Sade but i didn't understand what must i do to move the button to top of "sent to friend" ? could you please explain me?

and how can i show it in the main page of shop?

thank you very much.

+1, thanks a lot for the module! :-)

And also another thing, is it possible to change the language when hoovering the button? Got three different language on the site. Using the my default language for all of them though.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hello Tomer,

Thank you for a great Module.

I have it working as default on a product page, but what do I do to make the button show up on the top of my website header. I already have an icon with a link to facebook page, and wanted the Google Plus button to also show up there.

Is there any way I can just add some code to my header.tpl file next to where I have the Facebook icon code so it will work with your module and show the button also up there?

Thank you for your response.

• 1 month later...

tomerg3

How do I remove it from the default position on the product page? I have used the custom hook to place the plus one in my location, but it duplicates it, the old position and the new one,

Tried removing the positons for the module too but it didnt work.

Simon

• 3 months later...

Hi, tomerg3.

I added the button on a category page and threw some +1 on it, about 50. Only 2 of them stuck. I figured it needs time to update, but there's already 24 hours and i only have +2 on it. So something is definitely not right. Should i look for another plugin? What could be the problem?

Simon: Sorry for the delay, I was not subscribed to this thread for some reason.

Tick the non-positional box in the positions page and remove from Extra Left.

Abh: If the module displays, it means it's working, anything that happens now is under google's control.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

As tomer already stated you need to check the non-positional hook option at the top. Then you need to scroll down to near the bottom. I think this module gets hooked to a couple of different hooks.... but the one you are interested in is the is titled "extra left something" (I forget the exact name).

HTH!

Hi mytheory!

How do you add the blog on your own site? Please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for this great module! However I do have an error. When I click on the plus one button, it gives me the "google error flag". I am logged in at google etc.

How to solve this? I am using PS 1.5.3.

Thank you!

[solved] My store was in maintenance mode, so it didn't work!

Edited by Martijnsb (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am using PS 1.5.2 and my problem is when I click on the plus buttom, the image shown is not the product. The module displays the images of the module "blockadvertising". I have to select the image.

Thank You

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

@ PrestaShop Superstar:

I have to edit the css a little. I use you Google +1, Facebook and Twitter Modul.

And I want to make them look the same.

Firefox says the CSS is inline so can you tell me where is the file with it?

For example Firefox says there is a <li>, than a <div> and in this is a iframe with a width of  38px.

I want it in 90px like your twitter button. If i change this 38px to 90px in 2 other positions, the buttons looks same enough for me.

Same with the facebook button and I´m happy.

Is it possible to put the whole content on the product.tpl and not only the link to the content?

I´ve tried but I get a blank page than.

If I put the whole code that shows firefox directly on the page it must be editable but it doesn´t functioning.

Does anyone know my mistake?

• 2 months later...

Thank for your module...
I've a little problem. When a user click on +1 button, google plus share the picture of my first product, link name of my first product b.ut the url is correct. How can I fix this problem?

I've already setted opeg graph tag and I can share, for example on Facebook, as I want (pen graph tag for title, description and image) but not with google+

Edited by Ramio (see edit history)