New image product image filing permission issues

I have v. 1.4.3 and need to use the OLD product image filing system since unless all img directories have 777 or 755 permissions set, then the images cannot be viewed.

Since new directories are created when a new product image is added, the permissions are 744 by default, which is causing issues

How can I revert to the old way of image filing for product images?....Or how can I make sure all new directories within the image directory have permissions set to 777 or 755 by default?

Alternatively, given that my host insists this is a Prestahsop issue and so far will not change the default directory permissions to 755, is there anyway that I can configure Prestashop to give the new product image directories either permissions of 755 or the same as the parent directory (which is 755 anyway)?

I'd just like to request this too. I use 123-reg and I started another thread here.

This problem renders PrestaShop basically useless for large scale product ranges.

Every time I import a spreadsheet of products I have to go in to the img directory and recursively set security on all files and folders.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can offer help or suggestions.

Stephen

OK looks like we're getting somewhere! We need someone from Presta to advise exactly what it is that 123-reg need to do:

"Dear Stephen,

Thank you for contacting 123-reg on the 08th July 2011.

We understand the problem you are receiving, but we do need the software vendor to advise what we need to change to get it working. We have no real experience with this software or how it has been developed. If the software vendor could advise us further what server changes they cab suggest to get it working we will escalate further for you.

If we can be of any further help with regard to this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards"

• 1 year later...