Installing a new theme

I have downloaded a Prestashop theme to my computer. It is a RAR file. I have used the "download a module from your computer" program in my shop admin but it does not recognice the file format. I have tried both to upload the zipped rar file and the extracted file.
I really want this theme to my shop, can anyone help please? What do I need to do to install the theme?

Look further down, I have a new question !

Hello,

The theme should have a zip file extension. If is rar it will not work. Also make sure that the zip file contains the Config.xml. If it's still not working you will need to install it manually. To install it manually you will have to upload the theme on "themes" directory on your website and modules on "modules" directory on your website. After that you will have to activate themes & modules (you might need to hook some of the modules on their positions as well)

Rar is very similar to zip.

Most themes include many other files (original PSD, instrcutions etc...) and should not be loaded directly from the backoffice.

You can use Winzip, or winrar to extract the file locally, look for further instructions inside.

Ok, just wondering why they make prestashop templets as RAR files if they do not work in the program... well i have extracted the files but just wondering if there is a way to upload all the files at the same time or do I really need to upload all the files one by one? I tried one part of the config file but the shop prgram did not recognice the file...

If anyone would have a few minutes to spare and could be so kind to help me, I would give you temporary acces to my admin if you could install this templet for me?

It is a free prestashop templet that can be found several places f.ex here: http://presta-template.com/free-prestashop-templates/themes-for-v12x/angela-sweet.html

The templet was only for 1.2 version of prestashop so I could not use it anyway...

But could someone be so kind and tell me how to upload the templet files?
I have downloaded a theme to my computer and unzipped it. But the problem is that I can not figure out wich files to upload...

I have after the first folder "17rose" the following folders: config (conf, prieview), css (global, maintenance, scenes), img, INSTALLATION, js (tools...), lang and a lot of .tpl files

I have tried upload with the themes "upload a module from your computer" but I get an error message "Unknown archive type"

I found out about this and managed to upload the file but it does not show among the other themes. Where does it go after uploading? I found the modules I uploaded in modules to install but I can not find the theme...