endpulse

[MODULE] Presta Boost

Hi everybody,

We are offering a new free module called Presta Boost.

The module improves your website performance 5% - 15% based on the specific configuration.

FEATURES:

Compatibility: Prestashop v1.1 - v1.4

Does not modify anything in your PS installation

Very light

Does not require any configuration

DOWNLOAD (direct link on bottom of page): http://prestashop.endpulse.com/33-presta-boost-v10.html

I was looking a way to improve prestashop performance I hope this module will help me. I will test it right now. Thank you endpulse

Hi CosTed,

Some other notes to take into account:

1. The module might not have huge effects, but all tests we have done show at least a slight improvement on the performance
2. PS 1.1-1.3 are likely to have more improvement than PS 1.4
3. The perception on the website speed improvement was higher than the calculated speed improvement in the module speed test
4. If something does not work properly you can disable / uninstall the module and all should be back to normal.

This module improved my website preformance. Like you said it didint have huge effect but its better then nothing. I dont know why but i am getting strange error when i am trying to test Speed boost.

Here is the error:
FAILEDWarning: Division by zero in /home/visko/domains/visko.lt/public_html/modules/prestaboost/test.php on line 46100%

Hi,

You might not have CURL on your server or the url might not be well formatted. If you can see an improvement on the website, you may not even bother with the test.

If you really want to see the calculated result send us an email with access to your website to support[at]endpulse.com so we can fix the issue.

Best regards,
Endpulse

If I may ask what exactly does the module do to achieve this improvement?

Hi pmfjoe,

It enables compression on your website content.

Technical persons can do these tweaks by coding, we created this module to offer less technical persons a quick and easy way of optimizing their shop.

We also use it on our websites.

Best regards,
Endpulse

I've installed the module and when clicking the test speed option I get the 0% result; I take it that in my case there will be no improvement ?

Hi Rhobur,

There are 2 possibilities:
1. Same issue with curl not being enabled and causing an inaccurate calculation
2. Indeed there is no speed improvement, you may already have other optimizing options enabled.

Thanks Endpulse, I will check the curl issue tomorrow with my hosting company.

Hi, why do I get this error?

od_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice: Undefined variable: sprotocol in /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/modules/prestaboost/prestaboost.php on line 32

Thanks

od_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice: Undefined variable: sprotocol in /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/modules/prestaboost/prestaboost.php on line 32

Thanks

Same error here.

Any idea? V. 1.4.10

Thanks

Same error as well! still no solution to this?

Hi! I 'm having the same error you are having. Them I read what endpulse say

4. If something does not work properly you can disable / uninstall the module and all should be back to normal. 

I delete the entire folder, since this did not appeared in the list of array and everything is back to Normal

rules state that free modules are to be attached to a post (not lead to an offsite download)

Whatever else this "free module" does or does not do...

if you upload it to your shop, and click the module's "configuration" link

(regardless whether the module state is installed or uninstalled)...

it loads a hidden (collapsed) iframe

thereby divulging the path to your prestashop backoffice scripts

moderators should lock this thread

and delete the offiste link contained in the original post

I am very sorry if I offended anyone. I know when is a free module always carries a risk and is at the option of the user download the consequences. But I can not imagine that all programmers want to do damage, and if so, then would not exist prestashop. From now on, I'll have a little more careful with the free modules, which so graciously offered these forum. Thank for the notification blue17