maofree

[MODULE] maofree_blockcategories vertical menu for categories only with CSS (only 1.4)

Hi to all

here there is another module. This is a viable alternative to block categories of prestashop. It is not used any JavaScript code if not two lines to make it compatible with IE6. It is compatible with all browsers, in fact I have only used CSS.

Defects:

the shadow's created by instructions in CSS3 and they are only visible with the last web browsers

You can download this and other modules for the 1.4 from my website

maofree's website

Any donations are always welcome.

byeeee

Edited by maofree (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Very nice smooth effect ! :coolsmile:
To complete the settings, it could be nice to be able to set font colors and style (normal-bold)

Hi jolvil
yes I know, but for this menu change the style settings is simple, it's necessary change some things inside a little .css
I spend alot of time to made this module, so I add some settings in the next weeks

byee

Hi

I've updated this module, now is only with css code

byee

Hi maofree, this is great module, I like it so much, but I am using PS 1.2.5, is there any way how it can work with that version properly?? thank you

Hi all,

Yesterday installed this module and don't work for me on IE 9, i use PS 1.4.6.2 new theme prestashop, work perfectly in Firefox & Chrome but not in IE, someone already verified in IE?

Hi

this module works well with all browser, IE9 included

look here

http://www.lampadaribartalini.it/luce-illuminazione-vendita-online/5-lampade-da-tavolo

That problem is a IE problem, because IE doesn't load into your header all js and css files after a number.

Try from position page to move up this module in the header section or active ccc compression except "High risk HTML compression" option or remove some modules from header position

bye

• Like 1

I heve several problems with IE in some modules, i have mode to top up this module in header position and changed to "HTML is compressed but cancels the W3C validation (only when "Minify HTML" is enabled)" and the problem continue, check my site with IE browser http://www.cotoko.com/category.php?id_category=57, is in bottom left block

In above link (lampadari....) how do you seen this module with IE?

yes I've seen your problem, it's dipend to a file in php with css elements (menu-vertical_css.php)

Now I'm updating all my modules with new features and opzions. I'll contact you to understand this strange problem.

bye

Thanks for you support, im going to my house, o wil check this and comment.

Hi! Thanks for your module! But I installed it on prestashop 1.4.6.2 and nothing happends, the original theme from prestashop is still there, I mean, the categories are in grey color, nothing nothing changed.

I installed it unzipping the files on the modules folder and then it appear on the BO in modules and thats all.

Can you tell me something to make this module works?? Thank you very much from Spain!!!

Hi

but what do you think about me? Do you think that I made a module and I publish it if it doesn't work??????

It works perfectly but the problem is in the configuration of you webshop or in IE

There is a problem with my menus and carousels, because some css parameters are in php files, so if you don't use the right permissions for the modules' folder they don't work in the right mode

Use 777 RECURSIVE for all folders and files present in modules if it doesn't work dipend to your hosting, so try with 755 RECURSIVE (study the Prestashop's Wiki)

Another css problem with those modules are with IE browser, because it doesn't load many files in the head so if you have these problems only with IE you should enable ccc compression for css and js

bye, and before you write it doesn't work, you should have more experience about these systems, because I'm not like other programmers in this forum who do not take their works updated

Hi maofree

I try to put the third category into second category but i don't know the tpl that i need to change, some days ago i contacted to you by PM and send some images, can you tell me what file need to be changed?, Thanks in advance for your help and time

Hi aQs

yes I remember, but that solution need some time to do it and for now I have other work to do

you should edit css files and study the tpl files if you need to do some changes

sorry, byee

Love this module, it is really effective

I have one question. When i hover the mouse over a category in the menu, the category description pops up in a tooltip(?). As we have quite extensive category descriptions, this is getting in the way of reading the sub menu

Is there a way I can switch off these tooltips - some customers are getting a bit frustrated?

You can see what I mean here:

www.graphskill.co.uk/prestashop

Thanks

Sorted, thanks to Rocky

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/24225-removing-description-rollover-of-categories/

There is no option in the Back Office to hide tooltips. To remove the tooltips from the categories block, you will need to change line 2 of modules/blockcategories/category-tree-branch.tpl from:

{$node.desc|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'}

to:

{$node.name|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'}

Hi there, where can I download the module?, I've donated though paypal on your site,

Cheers

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where is download link of this module?

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where is download link of this module?

Thanks

The modul is not now for free. Go to first post and go to mao webiste.

The modul is not now for free. Go to first post and go to mao webiste.

Is that possible to show such effect on default block categories menu? I mean to say subcategory will display at right hand side when we hover mouse on parent category same for all categories.

Thanks

Well, seems that not only they are not free, but just waiting....:

Modules Removed

The modules have been removed from the site waiting to sell them online. They have been updated with new effects and options, some news are made (for a total of 30 modules) and are already prepared for the 1.4 and the 1.5.