DapurPixel

[FREE 1.4 theme] Velvet Sky theme by dapurpixel - released on Smashing Magazine

CrystalPhoenix, your website is amazingly great !

I have a few questions: How did you manage to change the colours?

Could you please give us a detailed step-by-step summary on how to change the background colours.

I am very sorry for my ignorance but this is my first website and I am having a few problems... Thank you very much for your help! I am very grateful to you !!

Hello Fluopass,

In order to change the colours and background, you need an image editing software program such as Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, or Gimp. You find out which image you want to change (I use Firebug in Firefox to highlight the image and find out its name). I use Paint Shop Pro, and use its colour change tool to change the colours of the image. Then to keep it simple I save it with the same name. Alternatively you can name it anything you want, then find the reference to the original image in the css file and change that to reflect the new name.

Most of the colours definitions for the font and the bottom background are found in the themes/velvetsky/css/global.css file - I use Dreamweaver to open the file and change the colours (again, using Firebug to find out which line the colour definition is on). You could also use another text editing program such as Notepad, Microsoft Word, or Coffee Cup to open the files.

Some of the colours and images were a bit difficult to find - for example the Menu colours and graphics are under modules/jbx_menu/gfx and its css is (I think) in the jbx_menu/cache subdirectory. You may have to do a bit of digging.

Hope that helps - let me know if you have any trouble!

• Like 1

Hello Fluopass,

In order to change the colours and background, you need an image editing software program such as Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, or Gimp. You find out which image you want to change (I use Firebug in Firefox to highlight the image and find out its name). I use Paint Shop Pro, and use its colour change tool to change the colours of the image. Then to keep it simple I save it with the same name. Alternatively you can name it anything you want, then find the reference to the original image in the css file and change that to reflect the new name.

Most of the colours definitions for the font and the bottom background are found in the themes/velvetsky/css/global.css file - I use Dreamweaver to open the file and change the colours (again, using Firebug to find out which line the colour definition is on). You could also use another text editing program such as Notepad, Microsoft Word, or Coffee Cup to open the files.

Some of the colours and images were a bit difficult to find - for example the Menu colours and graphics are under modules/jbx_menu/gfx and its css is (I think) in the jbx_menu/cache subdirectory. You may have to do a bit of digging.

Hope that helps - let me know if you have any trouble!

Hi ChrystalPhoenix ! And thank you so much for you reply !!

I downloaded Paint Shop Pro. Yet, As a novice, I have actually no idea how to access the CSS... Do you access the CSS on prestashop ? If yes, how ? All I can do is access the Global CSS on my desktop. What shall I do next ?

You say that you use Paint Shop Pro and its colour change tool to change the colour of the image. How ?

Thank you very much for your help. And sorry again for bothering you...

All right, I am starting to understand... Actually, you do everything directly on your website using Firefox and Firebug, am I right ?

But I don't get the thing with Paint Pro; How do you use it ?

Thank you for your answers and sorry for the multi posts !

I am new to Prestashop and excuse me if this is a stupid question. I tried upload this theme manually as the installer is not working. All is good but I have a question about the modules in.

I saw some modules in the theme package that already exist in Prestashop. I understand these modules in the theme are customized but my question is if I upload the customized modules I will be replacing the already existing ones right? Or do I miss something here?

P.S. Amazing theme!

I am new to Prestashop and excuse me if this is a stupid question. I tried upload this theme manually as the installer is not working. All is good but I have a question about the modules in.

I saw some modules in the theme package that already exist in Prestashop. I understand these modules in the theme are customized but my question is if I upload the customized modules I will be replacing the already existing ones right? Or do I miss something here?

P.S. Amazing theme!

install exactly as it indicates in the installation guide pdf of the theme, it worked almost for everyone. In order to make this theme work properly you´ll have to uninstall some default modules (you ll be able to quickly install them again later if necessary) and install others.

install exactly as it indicates in the installation guide pdf of the theme, it worked almost for everyone. In order to make this theme work properly you´ll have to uninstall some default modules (you ll be able to quickly install them again later if necessary) and install others.

Thank you, i did that had some problems but managed to fix them for now.

<block banner> can't display in prestashop 1.4.41.

That is actually true for me too! I didn't even notice at first, but no more block banner since I updated.

Dave

All right, I am starting to understand... Actually, you do everything directly on your website using Firefox and Firebug, am I right ?

But I don't get the thing with Paint Pro; How do you use it ?

Thank you for your answers and sorry for the multi posts !

Hi Fluopass,

Firebug is an addon to Firefox, which is an internet browser. I use it to find out where the code is located and what it says.

Paint Shop Pro is a graphics editing program. I use it to alter graphics, photos, and design new images.

The code that runs the pages can be altered in an html editor such as Dreamweaver or Coffee Cup, or in a text editor such as Notepad or Microsoft Word.

So I find the code reference (for example a button image file) in Firebug, find the image file in Paint Shop Pro, alter it, and upload it to the website. I alter the css in Dreamweaver - again, find the reference in Firebug, pull the css or other file into Dreamweaver, alter the code (eg the colour of a background or the size of a division) and upload it to the site.

I think it might be beneficial for you to take some basic html and web design tutorials, and a tutorial on css, if you want to make changes to a site. Else it may be easier for you to just use the defaults....

sorry - for some reason I cannot seem to edit my earlier post:

Jianming: the file location for the navigation graphic is in yoursite/themes/velvetsky/img/navigation.png

Thanks a lot for your great help CrystalPhoenix! I guess I missed this one in my try outs...

And very nice site - it looks like the kind of site I wish could get at the end of my journey, but there is still quite a long road to go in my case!

Great, great thanks again.

Hello,

first of all, sorry for my bad English.

Actually I build my new shop based on this great theme, but I have an issue. I tried to swap the original JBX menu to MegaDrown Evolution menu module because of the great funcionality. As you can see the attached screenshoot, when I activated the MegaDrown module, the logo is slide out of my header. I tried to play with the CSS and TPL files, without any success.

Maybe somebody use this menu modul with Velvet sky theme... so if you have any good idea, it will be great. :)

Thank you, guys. :)

post-47962-0-15963000-1316287374_thumb.jpg

Hello, first off let me congratulate you on a GREAT looking theme!

Here is my small issue—I configured the theme on my local server and the main logo looked just fine (see screenshot 1). I then transferred the store to the clients server and the logo is now gone (see screenshot 2). It shows up in the admin/preferences/appearance but won't show up in the site.

Any ideas?

screenshot 1.pngscreenshot 2.png

Thank you for your help.

• Like 1

try uploading the logo file to yoursite/img/ directly instead of using the Back Office - I think I found that the files in the Back Office did not load up properly and I had to upload the file separately...

Hi

Somebody know how to configure the links in blockadvertisinghome for the diferent languages?

hello problems formatting with internet explorer, sometimes firefox banner disappear, not stable with all browsers , different

Hi all.. I have headache now. Why my "wishlist" and "cart" not appear at my left side? Please anybody to help me especially sir dapurpixel. please click here for view. Thank.

I have the same problem, i mean the "2. The drop-down menu gets covered over by the NivoSlider - any idea?

"

Bump! I also got my drop-down menu covered by NIvoSlider :// anyone solved that problem already?

Can anyone tell me how I change the images in the Social Network section? I also want to add a third icon with Youtube, anyone knows how I can replace those icons and links?

Can anyone tell me how I change the images in the Social Network section? I also want to add a third icon with Youtube, anyone knows how I can replace those icons and links?

Hi i think you must change the file: blockcms.tpl inside blockcms module , then you can find the images inside dir themes/velvet../img/

at the end of the file blockcms.tpl you note the reference to twitter and facebook ID-image and link

give it a try

yes I tried that but then everything has disappeared from the footer LOL :D

I just installed the theme and it's my first prestashop so am still finding out how things work, but I got tons of errors. But it is better then the template I paid for! :)

yes I tried that but then everything has disappeared from the footer LOL :D

I just installed the theme and it's my first prestashop so am still finding out how things work, but I got tons of errors. But it is better then the template I paid for! :)

hi i change now the colour of the first letter of twitter and fb with photoshop i don't know what you want to do i send a pic of my shop (name obscured cause not registered yet :D )

not altered the tpl file but new img in theme/velvet/img i altered only the tpl to remove the credit to dapurpixel (sorry :( but necessary)

prestashopvelvetexample.jpg

what I wanted to do is have 3 Icons there for Facebook - Twitter and Youtube. But for some reason it does not work.

I hope one of you can help me, because I'm out of ideas.

No matter what I do, I can't get the Block banner on the top of the pages and the Nivo Slider on the homepage installed. Both modules can be configured in the back-office but they won't appear in the front-end.

I've tried the newest Prestashop as well as 1.4.4.1 and 1.4.2.5.

Is it possible it has something to do with step "Modules on sidebar". I'm not sure what I supposed to do in this step

Hello, please help me on the slider combo.

The mozilla browser looks ok, but unfortunately in IE9 wrong. Please clue how to solve the problem.

Thank you.

IE9:

blad.jpg

mozilla:ok.jpg

I need to fix the buttons for Add to Cart, Compare and to go to the product they are fine in english but when you switch to german they look displaced. I've turned off the block banner because it's shown in the wrong place. It goes right through the navigation and first box of the theme. Also in the footer, I put this in the >Modules > Blockcms > blockcms.tpl

<!-- Copyright -->

<div id="copyright">

<p>Copyright ©2011 <a href="{$base_dir}">AloeVita</a> | AloeVita & WPL Distribution Inc <a href="http://aloevita.eu">AloeVita</a> | Ihr eigener LR Health and Beauty shop <a href="http://pammesberger.co.at">LR Health and Beauty Online Shop mit Hosting</a></a></p>

</div>

<!-- /Copyright -->

<!-- Social Media -->

<div id="footer-follow">

<a title="Like us on Facebook" id="footer-facebook" href="http://facebook.com/page/MyAloeVita">Like us on Facebook</a>

<a title="Follow us on Twitter" id="footer-twitter" href="http://twitter.com/AloeVita">Follow us on Twitter</a>

</div>

<!-- /Social Media -->

<!-- Credit -->

<div id="credit">

<p>Prestashop theme by:</p>

<a id="dapurpixel" title="DapurPixel" href="http://dapurpixel.com">DapurPixel</a>

</div>

<!-- Credit -->

{/if}

http://dapurpixel.com">DapurPixel</a>

</div>

<!-- Credit -->

But it's not shown on the website. In fact it still shows the old code and not the update. I double and triple checked and yes it is uploaded correctly.

Any idea how I can fix all those problems?

I need to fix the buttons for Add to Cart, Compare and to go to the product they are fine in english but when you switch to german they look displaced. I've turned off the block banner because it's shown in the wrong place. It goes right through the navigation and first box of the theme. Also in the footer, I put this in the >Modules > Blockcms > blockcms.tpl

But it's not shown on the website. In fact it still shows the old code and not the update. I double and triple checked and yes it is uploaded correctly.

Any idea how I can fix all those problems?

hello i see your site and i see three "buttons" youtube fB and Tw ! what code do you insert in blckcms? is it go right?

also see the categories changed graphics can you share the modules/settings thanks?

I started to work with this theme, and adapted to the last version of PS (1.4.6.0)

I put it there , but ...

Don't ask me anything more, cause i will work with the new official PS theme 1.5 (for PS 1.4)

Good continuation to all of you ...

startup06.free.fr/_Forum_Presta_/Velvet Sky (PS 1.4.6) by Captain FLAM.zip

GREAT JOB Captain FLAM

BEFORE: nivo doesn't work, put new nivo but jbx menu under the nivo slider doesn't work properly, block banner doesn't show itself

AFTER Captain Help: ALL WORK like a charm

thanks very much

<- only block newsletter strange like other post ->

Just to let everyone know, I am running PrestaShop 1.4.5.1 and all of the modules are working corectly and displaying correctly! except for the newsletter block which was addressed earlier but I haven't had time to look at (still says error subscribing or something similar). One thing I noticed is that the jquery module would take a few attempts / unistalls / installs / and photo uploads for my photos to take. I had to do the same this with the advertising block at the bottom of the page. The page is for my [spam-filter]'s baby/clothing boutique. Have a look and let me know what you think; (site no longer uses preastashop). I haven't modified a single css file to get it to work either. If there is anyone else using 1.4.5.1 and has it working let us know because I think the community would appreciate that input

Edited by jakeg1984 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Just to let everyone know, I am running PrestaShop 1.4.5.1 and all of the modules are working corectly and displaying correctly! except for the newsletter block which was addressed earlier but I haven't had time to look at (still says error subscribing or something similar). One thing I noticed is that the jquery module would take a few attempts / unistalls / installs / and photo uploads for my photos to take. I had to do the same this with the advertising block at the bottom of the page. The page is for my [spam-filter]'s baby/clothing boutique. Have a look and let me know what you think; www.afairytaleending.com. I haven't modified a single css file to get it to work either. If there is anyone else using 1.4.5.1 and has it working let us know because I think the community would appreciate that input

i see your site before without captain file i have some errors but now it's perfect, try to upload the files in the modules by Captain .

i also use 1.4.5.1

i see your site before without captain file i have some errors but now it's perfect, try to upload the files in the modules by Captain .

i also use 1.4.5.1

What files are in the module by Captain? Will that fix the newsletter block?

I have another inquiry. Does anybody know if we can disable force compile and re-enable site cache to speed the site up after we cleared it upon the installation of the theme?

GREAT JOB Captain FLAM

thanks very much

Thanks B) , and : you're welcome .

What files are in the module by Captain? Will that fix the newsletter block?

1. as I said :

• I integrate all the differences from original presta theme 1.4.2.5 to original presta theme 1.4.6.0 into Velvet sky theme
    ( you can do a compare between files velvet 1.4.2.5 <-> 1.4.6.0 with an excellent open-source tools like winmerge ;) )
  • I update the libs & modules to last version
  • I made some place changes (for modules that doesn't need more modifs)
    ( in theme/.../modules/ )

2. i didn't work about newsletter (and i will not, as i work with new presta theme for now ...)

3. By the way, i separate directories :

• 2 standard dirs : modules & themes
  • 1 dir "manual_integration"
    ( you have to check, compare & integrate modifs if you made changes to these files )
    • blockcms-> put in /modules/
    • blocknewsletter -> put in /modules/
    • override -> put in /

That's all folk :)

• Like 1

Hello prestashoppers,

First of all i want to thank DapurPixel for the great theme!

I try to install the theme on a test site a few days ago, the most of bugs i fixed, but the next two things i really dont no how to get it right sad.gif

1: BlockBanner: I read,install and uninstall the blockbanner and the modules a few times but when i want to hook this in top of pages i get a error from prestashop (bo) i changed some things in the blockbanner file to hook it manualy in 'top'

function hookbanner($params) i changed it to function hooktop($params)

But also then it dont show the right way the blockbanner?

2: IE: so when i install a theme in ps i will check always a few of internetbrowsers, when i open the test site in Internet Explorer it shows erverything false see the picture.

Sorry for my bad english! unsure.gif

I really hope to fix this and somebody can tell me what to do?

Thanks!

No one can not help me with this problem? Is the same as the user should : aliasali

My mail : nobyel@szm.sk

post-184527-0-49584300-1321270137_thumb.pngpost-184527-0-38282700-1321270156_thumb.png

Hi Again!

The other difficulty I am having is that I cannot get the buttons on the Product Pages to line up. Here are two images and one shows your example of a product page and the ADD TO CART button and the MY WISHLIST buttons are lined up neatly. The other shows a screen shot from our store's product pages and I cannot get the buttons to line up neatly!

Any suggestions?

Thanks Again!

Lynnette

Did you ever get this to work, I am having the same issue. Thanks.

Did you ever get this to work, I am having the same issue. Thanks.

Well actually we abandoned this theme because our head IT person felt it was poorly written from a technical sense (not an aesthetic one. It looks great.)

But we did get them to line up:

For us the problem was in ../modules/blockwishlist/blockwishlist-extra.tpl

There is essentially one line of code in this file and it starts with :

<p class="buttons_bottom_block" id="mywish"...

The tag id="mywish" was missing from our version of that file. Don't know why.

Hope this hepls!

Lynnette

I love this theme! For those having problems installing it be sure to follow the instructions very carefully. once all instructions are done it should look right.

I have a question though for those in the know... I'm curious to know how to set the logo so that it's transparent. I uploaded a transparent png file and it made the background white. Any ideas?

Shannon

I love this theme! For those having problems installing it be sure to follow the instructions very carefully. once all instructions are done it should look right.

I have a question though for those in the know... I'm curious to know how to set the logo so that it's transparent. I uploaded a transparent png file and it made the background white. Any ideas?

Shannon

Ahoj.

Ja som to vyriešil tak že som logo spravil v logo.gif

Nahral som ho cez total comander do themy a premenoval ho na serveri na logo.jpg

Google translate :

Hi.

I solved it that I did created logo.gif

I recorded it via Total Commander to the theme and rename it to the server logo.jpg

Shannon

Hi, Shannon.

You will have to use the background of the menu.

For mine I took a screenshot of the menu and added my logo to it, make sure the image is similar size as the menu colour has a little gradient in it.

Good luck!

Hello, first off let me congratulate you on a GREAT looking theme!

Here is my small issue—I configured the theme on my local server and the main logo looked just fine (see screenshot 1). I then transferred the store to the clients server and the logo is now gone (see screenshot 2). It shows up in the admin/preferences/appearance but won't show up in the site.

Any ideas?

screenshot%201.pngscreenshot%202.png

Thank you for your help.

That's an amazing job there!

Could you send me the css file and the your menu module please?

I cannot change the colour of the menu as good as you have done without any problems.

anyone can help? i work in presta 1.4.3. when use this themes, the comboslider new product and feature product were not shown the picture :( anyone can help?

I am using the same theme too. but recently i have encountered a problem after i have done all editing works. It shows an error message where i have completely filled up all the fields. Can anyone please help? it's urgent!

errorg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

does anyone know what you have to do in the catalog to make products appear in the 'Specials' (located in the footer of the theme)

??

does anyone know what you have to do in the catalog to make products appear in the 'Specials' (located in the footer of the theme)

??

Add it your Home category as well.

That's an amazing job there!

Could you send me the css file and the your menu module please?

I cannot change the colour of the menu as good as you have done without any problems.

You fixed the problem yet?

I've worked it out so get in touch if you still need help.

Hi,

I can't see the PayPal Module in the back-office, so I can't setup my site with PayPal Payment Method.

Please help me.

I'm using Prestashop V 1.4.6.2 with this theme and I do have PayPal Module in my "Modules" directory.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me how I can add more images to the main slider?

I have another problem. My site is running VERY SLOW. Can anyone please tell me what I can do to speed things up?

Here is the url: www.muktadhara.com

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You!

P. S.

On another site, after I choose "One page checkout" for Checkout process type, the returning customers can't log back in. I've now set it back to "Standard (5 steps)" but the problem presists.

Can anyone help me on this issue as well, please?

Thanks.

Hello

I also want to use this awesome template but, as many others, is seems imposible to get it run! The problem is again the Slide. I have tried the zip of smasing people and then the compilation of Captain without sucess, and the worst is there is no option to know what happen, who knows? :(

My version of PS is 1.4.6.2 and the only thing I watch in my laptop is

Notice: Undefined variable: HOOK_SLIDER in /var/www/vhosts/centraliberica.com/httpdocs/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php on line 291

Notice: Undefined variable: autoplay in /var/www/vhosts/centraliberica.com/httpdocs/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php on line 291

Notice: Undefined variable: tabstyle in /var/www/vhosts/centraliberica.com/httpdocs/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php on line 291

I have no hope to get it work, but I have to try! :-/

Thanks!

Hey guys~

Finally after weeks reading all of your posts and trying all the ways shown here I got a solution (at least for me).

I hope there's any problem in giving you the link to my file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?an1z2hc2czweaad

Actually it's just a files compilation (to make sure it's same as mine).

All you have to do is install and follow the steps of "INSTALATION GUIDE - VELVET SKY"

You can ignore the part of uploading and overwriting files from theme because I've already done it.

============================================

VELVETSKY PRESTASHOP THEME - January 23, 2011

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Prestashop Version 1.4.6.2

- original "prestashop_1.4.6.2.zip" from prestashop.com

- original files from "Velvet Sky (PS 1.4.6) by Captain FLAM"

- fixed error in category.tpl

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Captain FLAM for the adapted version and jakeg1984 for inspiring me to do it! ^^

I do hope it works for you, guys!!

Good luck~

• Like 1

Hello and thank you for this wonderful theme. but I have a problem with the comboslide. Jpg attachment to be seen. Greetings and thanks

My prestashop: 1.4.2.5

I'm doing an upgrade from a version 1.3.2. With the old database from my old shop. Everything else works correctly.

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks

post-320225-0-15594400-1327357565_thumb.jpg

Hello pihallio.....i try to change featured-list.tpl like post #16 but its work with the same error

post-320225-0-39301900-1327429067_thumb.jpg

I've got everything working fine for this theme except for the Nivo JQuery Slider. I cannot even see the module in the modules section to install it. I've tried as many versions of the module as I can find with no joy... velvet sky original version, developers version, captain flam version. None show up to allow me to install them in the modules section. Any help would be great! Thanks!

I am actually having a problem with the Top of page menu. It seems to change and become two lines when I change the language. Also it seems to fix itself when I change the view size in example if I zoom out. The only problem with that is I don't want to have to keep doing that and I do not want that to be a problem with my customers either.This happens in firefox, but when I open it in I.E. it works fine. If anyone could help it would be nice, this is like the only problem that I have come across, and I'm in a bit of a pickle here =/

I'm using both updated versions of firefox and I.E.

post-205631-0-68311500-1330674445_thumb.png

post-205631-0-41406300-1330674459_thumb.png

Hi, does anyone know how is it possible to use in Block Advertising Home different images(banner) for each languages of the site, like in JQuery NIVO SLIDER?

Did someone managed to make the comboslider work with PS 1.4.7 ?

its all destroyed here, i tried with the Captain Flam fix but no luck...

HELP!

Thank you for the great Theme. Much respect!

I installed the theme, but the slider on the homepage isnt there, the modul is installed.

Any ideas?

-download it from the devolper hp, now it works-

Hi,

i got a new problem. If a login there is going somehting wrong, i took some pictures.

thats a screen as a guest:

screenie2.jpg

now if a user is logged in:

screenie1.jpg

i hope someone can help me.

• Like 1

Hi there! Is it possible when I type index.php of my website go directly to homepage without all these sliders and combosliders at front page? So when I typing www.mywebsite.com it takes me to www.mywebsite.com/category.php?id_category=1 for example? Thanks in advise.

Hi and thanks for this great template.. It is very nice.. I have a problem when i try to translate some parts to swedish. When i try to translate from the BO then it wont save the translation instead it goes back to English.. Here is a link to see the site: http://sensuellerotik.se/ I can't translate the combosliders text from featured products into utvalda produkter. Can you point me to the right file were i can translate it directly in the source??

//Daniel

Hi,

i got a new problem. If a login there is going somehting wrong, i took some pictures.

thats a screen as a guest:

screenie2.jpg

now if a user is logged in:

screenie1.jpg

i hope someone can help me.

I have that same problem. That and the Add to wish list is not even with the add to cart.

Everything wasfine until I updated to the newer version of prestashop =/

Is anyone else having these problems??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edit: Solved problem. For those having the same problem, just change your logo size/position to make it fit perfectly or else it will mess everything up.

Gee thanks! but were did you change your logo size/position to make it fit perfectly?

Hello Alvmad

I found a solution after several days of research

Add a clear: both; the id columns:

as shown in the attached code on line 304 of global.css

Sincerely,

Thanks at last a real solution for the module middle position problem. This is the real answer to the problem.

If anyone has a hard time finding the global.css file it is located in your themes\css file.

Well it seems that now with the new update that this template is more of a headache than a good thing. Since having the problem with the moving top menu like before and like dupey, I also have this weird alignment of the add to cart and the add to my wish list buttons on the product page.

Tried to get help from them but of course I was unsucessful because it is not a supported template. In the mean time I guess since no one else know anything about these problems I will use this template until I can find another better one-or someone that can fix the other errors here.

428050_288510627888982_279440828795962_714493_1309352877_n.jpg

I am actually having a problem with the Top of page menu. It seems to change and become two lines when I change the language. Also it seems to fix itself when I change the view size in example if I zoom out. The only problem with that is I don't want to have to keep doing that and I do not want that to be a problem with my customers either.This happens in firefox, but when I open it in I.E. it works fine. If anyone could help it would be nice, this is like the only problem that I have come across, and I'm in a bit of a pickle here =/

I'm using both updated versions of firefox and I.E.

Width for the area is 940px, if you have a width larger than 940px, it will go down. So make sure the width is 940px or make it wider.

Hi there! Is it possible when I type index.php of my website go directly to homepage without all these sliders and combosliders at front page? So when I typing www.mywebsite.com it takes me to www.mywebsite.com/category.php?id_category=1 for example? Thanks in advise.

You could use .htaccess or create a index.php file that contain php redirect script.

Gee thanks! but were did you change your logo size/position to make it fit perfectly?

For edit the logo, in global.css find the following code.

#header_logo and img.logo

You could adjust the positions of your logo there.

Hello pihallio.....i try to change featured-list.tpl like post #16 but its work with the same error

Have you solved the problem?

certifythe functionality ofthe1.4.7

I don't think so.

hey guys... need help about comboslider, how to display featured products first when loading the page.. by default it will show new products first.. the new product comboslider preety much will be empty once the products aren't considered new anymore....

thanks..!!

Can you let me know to remove one column in products site. I want 3 column (instead of 4 column).

Thanks and good luck!

Can someone help me. I can't hook the banner to Top of pages module. If I disable this banner the product page will stay like this:

Can someone help me? I am new at this prestashop business and can't understand.

Thanks

Can we change color on that Theme, I love the layout, my im in the intimate lingerie stuff so i would like that on white and light pink.

do the theme have and option to change color?

Thanks

Hi, Shannon. You will have to use the background of the menu. For mine I took a screenshot of the menu and added my logo to it, make sure the image is similar size as the menu colour has a little gradient in it. Good luck!

Which part of screen should I capture? Why can't I use png with transparency ?

Has anyone had this same problem with the Comboslider?

When I click on on the images in the comboslider it sends me to an 'empty' product page or one in which the light background color doesn't appear. I'm working on 'prestashop_1.4.6.2 + Velvet Sky (PS 1.4.6) by Captain FLAM.zip' downloaded from this thread on local WAMP server.

Would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Same problem! New products does work great in comboslider... Feature products just with description but without images.

I use prestaversion 1.4.7.3 and will see what fixes I can make in that wonderful theme.

Suggestions are welcome!

Hello

anybody has idea about how to remove "Dapurpixel" logo from Velvet Sky template? I have read the FAQS but I don't find the way to remove it.

The footer block is managed by CMS block in Modules and I can add or remove some things but I can not remove or edit Fabebook and Twitter logo and Dapurpixel logo from Velvet Sky.

If you read the FAQS autor tell us you need to remove from blockms.tpl but I don't see anything about Facebook logo in the code

footer.tpl

* DISCLAIMER
* Do not edit or add to this file if you wish to upgrade PrestaShop to newer
* versions in the future. If you wish to customize PrestaShop for your
* needs please refer to http://www.prestashop.com for more information.
*  @author PrestaShop SA <contact@prestashop.com>
*  @copyright  2007-2011 PrestaShop SA
*  @version  Release: $Revision: 6594 $
*  @license    http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php  Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
*  International Registered Trademark & Property of PrestaShop SA
*}

{if !$content_only}
</div>

<!-- Right 
<div id="right_column" class="column">
{*{$HOOK_RIGHT_COLUMN}*}
</div>-->
           <div class="clear"></div>
</div>

<!-- Footer -->
<div id="footer">
            <div class="wrapper">{$HOOK_FOOTER}</div>
           </div>
</div>
{/if}
</body>
</html>

and also is not in there blockcms.tpl

{if $block == 1}
<!-- Block CMS module -->
{foreach from=$cms_titles key=cms_key item=cms_title}
<div id="informations_block_left_{$cms_key}" class="block informations_block_left">
<h4><a href="{$cms_title.category_link}">{if !empty($cms_title.name)}{$cms_title.name}{else}{$cms_title.category_name}{/if}</a></h4>
<ul class="block_content">
{foreach from=$cms_title.categories item=cms_page}
{if isset($cms_page.link)}<li class="bullet"><b style="margin-left:2em;">
<a href="{$cms_page.link}" title="{$cms_page.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}">{$cms_page.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}</a>
</b></li>{/if}
{/foreach}
{foreach from=$cms_title.cms item=cms_page}
{if isset($cms_page.link)}<li><a href="{$cms_page.link}" title="{$cms_page.meta_title|escape:html:'UTF-8'}">{$cms_page.meta_title|escape:html:'UTF-8'}</a></li>{/if}
{/foreach}
{if $cms_title.display_store}<li><a href="{$link->getPageLink('stores.php')}" title="{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}
</ul>
</div>
{/foreach}
<!-- /Block CMS module -->
{else}
<!-- MODULE Block footer -->
<ul class="block_various_links" id="block_various_links_footer">
{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}<li class="first_item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('prices-drop.php')}" title="{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}
<li class="{if $PS_CATALOG_MODE}first_{/if}item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('new-products.php')}" title="{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>
{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('best-sales.php')}" title="{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}
{if $display_stores_footer}<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('stores.php')}" title="{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}
<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('contact-form.php', true)}" title="{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>
{foreach from=$cmslinks item=cmslink}
{if $cmslink.meta_title != ''}
<li class="item"><a href="{$cmslink.link|addslashes}" title="{$cmslink.meta_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$cmslink.meta_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</a></li>
{/if}
{/foreach}

{if $display_poweredby}<li class="last_item">{l s='Powered by' mod='blockcms'} <a href="http://www.prestashop.com">PrestaShop</a>™</li>{/if}
</ul>
<!-- /MODULE Block footer -->
{/if}

Any idea will be appreciated,

Thanks!

Hi!

i'm trying to change de size of the banners in the block advertising home so they can span the full width of the of the column, i managed to change the size but i cant make them align properly they overlap each other.

I tried to change the CSS and the PHP files of the module and nothing seems to work, so i guess i'm not checking in the right place (i'm a designer, i can modify the code but i can't really code it from scratch). Can anyone help me out? The main reason is that we don't need the newsletter block, and we're left with a blank, so we want our advertising banners to take all the place instead.

thank you very much!

right now it looks like that :/ :

post-361295-0-86615700-1337009694_thumb.png

Edited by korinsama (see edit history)

Hello,

The problem happens because you have longer product name on 3rd column and it will push some products below it. To fix the problem open /themes/velvetsky/css/product_list.css file

Go to line 16 or find the code below:

ul#product_list li {
float: left;
height: auto;
margin: 10px;
min-height: 260px;
text-align: center;
width: 155px;
}

then adjust the min-height value (e.g. 280px)

Hope it works :)

I tried this and nothing. Did someone find out how this problem is solved?

• Like 1

I need some help in trying to solve the problems with the colums. I can't find the way to get all the products aligned in the same page. I have 4 products in the first colum, 1 in the next and 2 in the following. I have tried to alter the product.list.tpl and nothing!!!

Also I would like to align the category text description. Can someone help me???

• Like 1