DapurPixel

[FREE 1.4 theme] Velvet Sky theme by dapurpixel - released on Smashing Magazine

How do I install this theme? I tried it with the Prestashop Installer, but it always gets timed out. Can some one explain how to install through FTP and make it the default theme? :mellow:

• Like 2

I am having a problem with BLOCKNEWSLETTER in velvet sky. If I type in an email address, I get the error: "E-mail address already registered", even if the address hasn't been registered. And the email address is added to the database. If I do this with several different email addresses - I get the same results.

If I go to a product page where the BLOCKNEWSLETTER has an UNSUBSCRIBE choice, and unsubscribe the email address, I am returned to the Home Page and the Newsletter Block has the errorL "E-mail address already not registered" - which is ok. But then all email addresses I try and register after that are also met with: "E-mail address already registered" error.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Lynnette

may be u can uninstall blocknewsletter, and then remove the block, and add again, and install again

Edited by nilady (see edit history)

Within your modules/block CSM/blockcsm.tpl find: <!-- Social Media --> <div id="footer-follow"> <a title="Like us on Facebook" id="footer-facebook" href="http://facebook.com/**YOURFACEBOOKPAGE**">Like us on Facebook</a> <a title="Follow us on Twitter" id="footer-twitter" href="http://twitter.com/**YOURTWITTERACCOUNT**">Follow us on Twitter</a> </div> <!-- /Social Media -->and change the URL's to direct to your Facebook page and twitter page respectively!

robkwal, use which program to open it?

if you`re using cpanel, you could right click at those tpl files and choose edit. If you`re on windows, consider using notepad++

How do I install this theme? I tried it with the Prestashop Installer, but it always gets timed out. Can some one explain how to install through FTP and make it the default theme? :mellow:

manually, first upload the velvetsky into your prestashop themes folder, after upload all files inside modules folder into your prestashop /modules folder.

At your Back Office, choose preferences > appearance.

More on how to install at http://www.youtube.com/dapurpixel#p/u/7/25eVeE2wIqw

Hello guys. Thank you for this nice theme!

I`m using preta 1.4.2.5 with this theme.The problem is that after installing another language pack I can`t see the product images that I upload in Back Office. In front office is there but in BO i can`t see it. Uploading the image with english language selected works, but if I disable english no picture image shows in BO.

Any sugestions?

In what language you created new products ? please check the product at the language you use when creating the products.

I`m using preta 1.4.2.5 with this theme.The problem is that after installing another language pack I can`t see the product images that I upload in Back Office. In front office is there but in BO i can`t see it. Uploading the image with english language selected works, but if I disable english no picture image shows in BO.

Any sugestions?

In what language you created new products ? please check the product at the language you use when creating the products.

thank u DapurPixel, success edited :)

Hi DapurPixel,

Is there an easy way to achieve top sellers within the home page product slisder, instead of featured products?

I am having a problem with BLOCKNEWSLETTER in velvet sky. If I type in an email address, I get the error: "E-mail address already registered", even if the address hasn't been registered. And the email address is added to the database. If I do this with several different email addresses - I get the same results.

If I go to a product page where the BLOCKNEWSLETTER has an UNSUBSCRIBE choice, and unsubscribe the email address, I am returned to the Home Page and the Newsletter Block has the errorL "E-mail address already not registered" - which is ok. But then all email addresses I try and register after that are also met with: "E-mail address already registered" error.

Thanks!

Lynnette

may be u can uninstall blocknewsletter, and then remove the block, and add again, and install again

I tried exactly that and it didn't help. :( I love this theme though!

I am having the above problem need a fix for this asap!!!!

Also I see your demo has a error when your subscribe to the newsletter! Someone please help with this, I am so near to completing my site with only this holding it up!!! Booooooooooooo :(

Any sugestions?

Thank you for the fast reply! Now everything is perfect. Thank`s again for the theme!

Hi darpurpixel, everything works fine, except the comboslider.

I can see images in Featured Products, but not in New Products

I regenerated thumbnails, and did everything you wrote, but still cant get it to work

Why is that?

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Thank you

Hello prestashoppers,

First of all i want to thank DapurPixel for the great theme!

I try to install the theme on a test site a few days ago, the most of bugs i fixed, but the next two things i really dont no how to get it right :(

1: BlockBanner: I read,install and uninstall the blockbanner and the modules a few times but when i want to hook this in top of pages i get a error from prestashop (bo) i changed some things in the blockbanner file to hook it manualy in 'top'

function hookbanner($params) i changed it to function hooktop($params)

But also then it dont show the right way the blockbanner?

2: IE: so when i install a theme in ps i will check always a few of internetbrowsers, when i open the test site in Internet Explorer it shows erverything false see the picture.

Sorry for my bad english! :unsure:

I really hope to fix this and somebody can tell me what to do?

Thanks!

post-212060-0-67678200-1311868703_thumb.jpg

post-212060-0-25957200-1311868839_thumb.jpg

post-212060-0-38944300-1311869263_thumb.jpg

I found one problem, if i have a product without a picture, even if it`s available .

I attached 2 pictures

And another problem it`s with the menu and the Jquery slider, i have atached another picture

post-22236-0-57285400-1311948139_thumb.jpg

post-22236-0-58151200-1311948147_thumb.jpg

post-22236-0-80254200-1311952566_thumb.jpg

I still need a fix for the block newsletter!!! SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!!!

Hi

Great template, I am having an issue with the Combo Slider. The Previous and Next arrows are not showing as in the demo. Any help is appreciated!

Have a look at the image and you can see what I mean. It looks the same in IE, FF, and Chrome.post-265115-0-02113700-1311963194_thumb.jpg

Hi,

great theme I must admit too.

I changed the menu and now I got a shop logo under the menu not to the left of it. Any idea? I tried to change the menu size, but I didn't succeeded. Also have no idea what the "Index Layer" changes.

What I would like to set is:

On the left Logo of the shop, then the menu itself, and on the right search box. All in one row.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks Anganiel

Hi,<br/>Thanks so much for the fast reply. I tried the change you mentioned with no luck. I then re-moved all images to new system, regenerated thumbnails, forced prestashop to compile with no cache, still no luck.<br/><br/>If I look at the link that the comboslider is trying to grab the image, I still see the old style paths. Could this come from somewhere else in the block?<br/><br/>Hopefully this is also useful for others who switched to the new image system...<br/><br/>Thanks!
<br/><br/>Hi Greezteams<br/>maybe this attachment can help you. Thank You :D

Hi DapurPixel,

I tried to use the attached file "fuatured-list.plt" and get the image below, I can't see the jquery nivo slider at home page, how to fix this.

Thanks

post-275338-0-44689600-1312013423_thumb.jpg

Read the pdf instructions (page 5) enclosed in the file:<br/><br/>“ATTENTION<br/>All uploaded images will be stored in /modules/slideric folder and automatically renamed as en0.jpg, en1.jpg, en2.jpg and en3.jpg respectively.<br/>Two letters (en) in front of each numbers is the language ISO code. If you install other languages, then you need to copy the images and enlinks.xml<br/>and rename it with the appropriate ISO code.”

Hi,

As defaut, the slideric folder has the enlinks.xml with the image en0.jpg, en1.jpg, ... I already choose English language, but can't see the the the slideric on frontpage. Is there something I'm missed here? I already install the Nivo slideric at homepage content but seen nothing.

Thanks.

post-275338-0-85114800-1312038495_thumb.jpg

Hi Darpurpixe and velvet sky funsl!!

I must say that this theme you provided to the community is really really good!!

I definitely appreciate it! and hope everyone else too!

Fantastic theme, I am running it on the prestashop 1.4.3

I am just before the finish of my own presta shop , but I am having problems with the Combo Slider and the default options on footer menu. My problem is with the language. I use Greek language . I want to change the titles of them to Greek ( new products to ‘’νέα προϊόντα’’) and Specials to ‘’Προσφορές’’ , and that because I am interest only to the Greek population and maybe my costumers don’t know read English. I have tried all the changes at the . tpl files but when I put Greek the letters disappears .

Did anyone knows what I have to do to fix this issue? I try to change UTF-8 at ISO-8859-7 but nothing again..

I want to changes only the characters (in Greek) and not the function of the comboslider and the footer links.

I send you a image to be as much clear I can.

Thanks and I hope someone has the answer.

post-266734-0-88481000-1312057484_thumb.jpg

Any sugestions?

Hello DapurPixel

Thank you For This nice theme!

I have a question your theme is compatible with prestashop 1.4.4?

thanks

Hi,

When i put an email on newsletter box, give an error "Error during subscription" and i can't subscrive to newsletter.

Can someone help me please?

Best Regards.

this theme is so beatiful can i perzonalize the theme more especific the colors

Thanks!

Lynnette

anyone fixed this issue?

Hi

Great template, I am having an issue with the Combo Slider. The Previous and Next arrows are not showing as in the demo. Any help is appreciated!

Have a look at the image and you can see what I mean. It looks the same in IE, FF, and Chrome.post-265115-0-02113700-1311963194_thumb.jpg

Hi dapurpixel, or anyone else, are you able to assist with this for me please? Thanks so much!

aguissa ...you can find the folder img into the velvetsky theme and you can change anythink you want...replace the image you want with the same name and dimensions and you ready.

Anyone here fixed the newsletter error subscribe problem?

Within your modules/block CSM/blockcsm.tpl find: <!-- Social Media --> <div id="footer-follow"> <a title="Like us on Facebook" id="footer-facebook" href="http://facebook.com/**YOURFACEBOOKPAGE**">Like us on Facebook</a> <a title="Follow us on Twitter" id="footer-twitter" href="http://twitter.com/**YOURTWITTERACCOUNT**">Follow us on Twitter</a> </div> <!-- /Social Media -->and change the URL's to direct to your Facebook page and twitter page respectively!

robkwal, use which program to open it?

You can open it with any HTML editor. I found that it was easier to change the .tpl to .html and then edit it. When finished, change .html back to .tpl. Hope that helps!

Any sugestions?

Hello DapurPixel

thanks

I got the theme to work in 1.4.3 after I changed the code for the combo slider, but once I upgraded to 1.4.4, the combo slider no longer works.

Thanks!

Lynnette

anyone fixed this issue?

Actually I worked with another member on this - we discovered that if you have the Newsletter block HOOKED to anything except for the HomePage Content and the Header of Pages, the subscribe throws an error. In some browsers it still throws an error after this, so we discovered that if you UNHOOK the module from the Header Of Pages, try the subscribe (it looks bad because the CSS is unavailable) and then REHOOk it to the Header of Pages, everything seems to be fine. DOn't have any idea what is going on when you do these things - as far as I can tell it's all magic.

Hello all. I have fixed all the comboslider issues by reverting back to 1.4.2.5. Such a shame. I hope that the true cause of the comboslider issues can be fixed for 1.4.4 and beyond.

I have customized this beautiful theme extensively at great effort.

Unfortunately, the newsletter issue is really detrimental to the function of the site. I tried the process recommended by Lynnette with the hooking/unhooking several times and in several different ways - still no luck. I find it disconcerting that the newsletter is broken on daprupixel's demo site as well. Still no comment from her on this???

Fingers crossed...

Hi Dapurpixel,

thank you for nice theme, but I´ve 2 problems ,in forum are not solved too.

1. the Banner Block isnt showing - i tried manytimes istall-uninstall a so on...

2. The drop-down menu gets covered over by the NivoSlider - any idea?

Can you help?

Hello all. I have fixed all the comboslider issues by reverting back to 1.4.2.5. Such a shame. I hope that the true cause of the comboslider issues can be fixed for 1.4.4 and beyond.

I have customized this beautiful theme extensively at great effort.

Unfortunately, the newsletter issue is really detrimental to the function of the site. I tried the process recommended by Lynnette with the hooking/unhooking several times and in several different ways - still no luck. I find it disconcerting that the newsletter is broken on daprupixel's demo site as well. Still no comment from her on this???

Fingers crossed...

Theme looks great. How about updating it to 1.4.4 Would be awesome.

hello everyone

I like very much this theme, it's top!,but I have a problem with product-list of this theme when you selected a category you can see the first page of category but if you clic on next page (2,3,4,etc...) the product don't appear on the page. I tested on manufacturer page and it's works but not in category

everyone can help me to restore this bug because I can't debogage

ps sorry for my english but I'am french lol

thanks and best regards

my site www.cothurne.com

for the problem look at http://www.cothurne.com/category.php?id_category=5

post-176-0-91314800-1312712676_thumb.png

Within your modules/block CSM/blockcsm.tpl find:

<!-- Social Media -->

<div id="footer-follow">

<a title="Like us on Facebook" id="footer-facebook" href="http://facebook.com/**YOURFACEBOOKPAGE**">Like us on Facebook</a>

<a title="Follow us on Twitter" id="footer-twitter" href="http://twitter.com/**YOURTWITTERACCOUNT**">Follow us on Twitter</a>

</div>

<!-- /Social Media -->

and change the URL's to direct to your Facebook page and twitter page respectively!

Hi,

I have a problem with the footer, everything ok but the footer doesn't show the FACEBOOK (pls see attahced file) and if I want to reposition the FACEBOOK to left or right, how to do it?

Thankspost-275338-0-19894300-1312811759_thumb.jpg

Does anyone who is using this beautiful theme actually have the Newsletter block working without errors???

If so please describe which version of PS, where you have the module hooked, etc.

Thanks

i checked on mySql database, there no created ps_newsletter db, that needed for this module,

after you installed blocknewsletter 1.4 module then run this query manually from phpmyadmin..

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `ps_newsletter` (

`id` int(6) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

`email` varchar(255) NOT NULL,

`newsletter_date_add` DATETIME NULL,

`ip_registration_newsletter` varchar(15) NOT NULL,

`http_referer` VARCHAR(255) NULL,

PRIMARY KEY(`id`)

) ENGINE='._MYSQL_ENGINE_.' default CHARSET=utf8 ;

then try to subscribe, for unregistered user, the data will inserted into ps_newsletter, for registered user, it will set ps_customer 'newsletter' value to '1', so there is no error subscribe again

hope can do little help :)

tested on ps 1.4.2.5 and 1.4.3

note: backup your db first

• Like 1

i checked on mySql database, there no created ps_newsletter db, that needed for this module,

after you installed blocknewsletter 1.4 module then run this query manually from phpmyadmin..

PRIMARY KEY(`id`)

then try to subscribe, for unregistered user, the data will inserted into ps_newsletter, for registered user, it will set ps_customer 'newsletter' value to '1', so there is no error subscribe again

Thanks for your suggestion. I successfully executed the query in phpmyadmin. However, now, no matter what email address I try to register as, I get the error: "E-mail address already registered"

Interestingly, the registered addresses do show up in the newly added ps_newsletter table in phpmyadmin. But I can't find the email recipients from the table in phpmyadmin anywhere in the BO - Should I see them in the Newsletter widget under the Stats tab in the BO?

Any Ideas? Thanks.

Hello guys...why is the cart button not in correct position for the products(see image)post-175310-0-76278700-1312971669_thumb.png in Comboslider?

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Hello to all & to DapurPixel

I just reinstalled for the 5th time this theme

I tested several prestashop.avec version of this theme.

I currently test version 1.4.2.5 as indicated DapurPixel.

But I always found the same problem with the problem with the left hand column is compleet offbeat

I have really need this theme and I can not find a solution.

I followed the youtube tutorial and help file. pdf

And I still find the damn problem

(Here is the screen)

one can someone help me there really

Sincerely,

But I always found the same problem with the problem with the left hand column is compleet offbeat

(Here is the screen)

Sincerely,

have you arranged the position like in dapur pixel pdf?, after you arranged make sure your browser cache cleared, and then try to refresh. in module position, dont forget to remove all the right column module.

Hi guys - nice template by the way, I am adding to my 1st shop.

I am wondering if anyone can assist me with this question...

I want to move the logo to a different position to allow for more real-estate on the menu bar... could some one point me in the right direction on how to do this ... image attached of what I would like.

Thanks in advance

Old image - new image (how I kind of want it to look)

2u7lybr.jpg

sgjrq0.jpg

Stu

post-199343-0-69182800-1313115722_thumb.jpg

post-199343-0-45962000-1313115733_thumb.jpg

(Here is the screen)

Sincerely,

have you arranged the position like in dapur pixel pdf?, after you arranged make sure your browser cache cleared, and then try to refresh. in module position, dont forget to remove all the right column module.

One thing that was driving me crazy was this very thing and to fix it, after a lot of trial and error is this:

Go to >Modules > Menu and then make sure the 'Width; is set correctly, if its not it will throw the logo out of alignment and the whole thing will look funny.

I set mine to 675 - see pic

I hope it helps.

Stuart

post-199343-0-24360200-1313116068_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yuyu

I've tested what you propose, I am changing nothing

Deltacrab

Sorry but this does not apply on the block in the left menu

but thank you.

Someone would have it a true solution

because I aim and I really need this theme to start my business

I also sent a message to the developer offering to pay to make this change but it does not respond

cordially

Yuyu

Deltacrab

but thank you.

I also sent a message to the developer offering to pay to make this change but it does not respond

cordially

developer hasn't responded or posted in this thread in a long while...shame that. doesn't look good form "smashing magazine" IMO.

Damian5000

I sent him an email from his website Ecommerce, it is unfortunate if it does not meet its potential customers.

Yuyu

Deltacrab

but thank you.

cordially

Hi Maury,

I have taken another look at your screen shot and I think you have your modules ordered incorrectly or in the wrong places and why its offset. I have taken a screen shot of all of my module positions for you to match up ... let me know how you go.

post-199343-0-91270800-1313196368_thumb.gif

post-199343-0-08567400-1313196377_thumb.gif

post-199343-0-89282100-1313196385_thumb.gif

post-199343-0-10984400-1313196393_thumb.gif

post-199343-0-08781800-1313196402_thumb.gif

post-199343-0-47426900-1313196410_thumb.gif

Hi there, i´ve been using and adapting this theme and while doing this i found a couple of malfunctions, here the details and the solution if some of you have found the same error and still dont know how to fix it:

1)These components do not show BLOCK ADVERTISING HOME - BLOCK BANNER - BLOCK ADVERTISING

-In my case they didnt show just because they were blocked by an adblock plugin (AdBlock plus for firefox) disable it and thats about it.

2)When trying to set a URL to each of the three components BLOCK ADVERTISING HOME - BLOCK BANNER - BLOCK ADVERTISING the url associated changes and the three components ends with the same URL.

-This is because in the .php file of each one of the components there is a variable that contains the url, that variable i think is kinda global and the problem is that it has the same name in the three component .php files. The name of the variable is BLOCKADVERT_LINK. Add a distinctive character to that variable in all the invocations within the file, do that in the php file of each one of the components adding a different character to each one of them.

• Like 1

Hi dapur.

first of all thanks for this awesome theme. You have done a hard work !!

I having troubles positioning items on hooks and the main problem is with products and breadcrumb. Here is a two attachments with the captures.

I am using 1.4.3. Would you recommend me to downgrade to 1.4.2.5 or you know a solution for this. I followed your pdf guide step by step.

Thank you very very much

post-279304-0-68566100-1313374235_thumb.jpg

post-279304-0-36255600-1313374305_thumb.jpg

Hi dapur.

first of all thanks for this awesome theme. You have done a hard work !!

I having troubles positioning items on hooks and the main problem is with products and breadcrumb. Here is a two attachments with the captures.

I am using 1.4.3. Would you recommend me to downgrade to 1.4.2.5 or you know a solution for this. I followed your pdf guide step by step.

Thank you very very much

I solved this deleting jbx_menu module and adding it again. Now, I would like to change translations of comboslider featured products. Only they appear in english (e.g "Add to cart" instead "Añadir al carrito")

Añadir al carrito is in spanish.

Thank you all

Hello Alvmad

I found a solution after several days of research

Add a clear: both; the id columns:

as shown in the attached code on line 304 of global.css

# columns {

background: none repeat scroll 0 0 # FBF8E9;

clear: both;

}

Sincerely,

• Like 1

I have a problem with the combo slider.

I came to notice this once Combine, Compress and Cache features are enabled.

Please see the attached for more details.

post-112129-0-89574600-1313769398_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have the Newsletter block working without errors???

If so please describe which version of PS, where you have the module hooked, etc.

i am in the last step...and i can not finish it without this...come on guys...

Thanks in advance..

I have a problem with the combo slider.

I came to notice this once Combine, Compress and Cache features are enabled.

Please see the attached for more details.

i generated the htaccess file again and problems with combo slider got fixed, give it a try.

Hi Dapurpixel,

1. the Banner Block isnt showing - i tried manytimes istall-uninstall a so on...

Can you help?

I have the same problem, i mean the "2. The drop-down menu gets covered over by the NivoSlider - any idea?

"

Hi kapowchis, Thank you for your attempt but it didn't work out. I can see the problem exist while loading the page in the developer's website too.

But my site in chrome, if I go to product page and then click on home. problem is there as the image shown even after loading the page completely.

dapurpixel, Could you please help me with this issue?

Thank you in advance!!

Hi guys, just reporting a simple solution. The addresses.tpl of the template must be modified for the customer to be able to modify and delete an address correctly.

THIS

----

<li class="address_update"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('address.php', true)}?id_address={$address.object.id_address|intval}" title="{l s='Update'}">{l s='Update'}</a></li>
		<li class="address_delete"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('address.php', true)}?id_address={$address.object.id_address|intval}&delete" onclick="return confirm('{l s='Are you sure?'}');" title="{l s='Delete'}">{l s='Delete'}</a></li>

MUST BE REPLACED WITH THIS

--------------------------

<li class="address_update"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('address.php', true)}?id_address={$address.object.id|intval}" title="{l s='Update'}">{l s='Update'}</a></li>
		<li class="address_delete"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('address.php', true)}?id_address={$address.object.id|intval}&delete" onclick="return confirm('{l s='Are you sure?'}');" title="{l s='Delete'}">{l s='Delete'}</a></li>

Hi,

I have spend quite a few hours changing the colours on this theme to suit my site. I am almost there, but seem to have a problem with white boxes showing up around all my category/product images. I have searched and searched, but can't find a solution to this. It makes the site look pretty ugly when your background is a light teal and you have a huge white box around the category image, and also white boxes around all the product images. This is not caused by the images themselves, since I have used the same images on an oscommerce site with no problems.

Does anyone know how to remove those boxes? They seem to be placeholders, but they are considerably bigger than the images. I would at least like to be able to change the colour to the same as the background of the page.

Thanks,

Marianne

Hi,

I have spend quite a few hours changing the colours on this theme to suit my site. I am almost there, but seem to have a problem with white boxes showing up around all my category/product images. I have searched and searched, but can't find a solution to this. It makes the site look pretty ugly when your background is a light teal and you have a huge white box around the category image, and also white boxes around all the product images. This is not caused by the images themselves, since I have used the same images on an oscommerce site with no problems.

Does anyone know how to remove those boxes? They seem to be placeholders, but they are considerably bigger than the images. I would at least like to be able to change the colour to the same as the background of the page.

Thanks,

Marianne

Hi Marianne, if i understood correctly i think you´re talking about the images format, that fills with white when the image dont fit exactly with the configured image dimensions. I suggest you to use all your images with square dimensions, if you do that you wont have any problem. If you want to use rounded corner images use .png extension files and thats it.

I finally figured out how to get rid of the huge white boxes lat last night, some of them were more than 2x the size of the image. Changing the images to the allotted dimensions would have made them look too stretched. I changed all my images to png, and set the preferences to use png only. That got rid of the big white areas around the images.

PRIMARY KEY(`id`)

I tried this fix, and when I run the query in phpmyadmin, I get a "#1286 - Unknown table engine '._MYSQL_ENGINE_.'" error message. I am not familiar with mysql and phpmyadmin, so don't know what is wrong. I get an "error during subscription" message in the newsletter block when trying to add a new email address.

Hi Dapurpixel,

Can you help?

I have the same problem, i mean the "2. The drop-down menu gets covered over by the NivoSlider - any idea?

"

I was having this problem, and what finally fixed it is a fresh install of PS and fresh install of the theme - I think perhaps a module from another theme I tried may have been interfering. Back up all your files and db first...

PRIMARY KEY(`id`)

I tried this fix, and when I run the query in phpmyadmin, I get a "#1286 - Unknown table engine '._MYSQL_ENGINE_.'" error message. I am not familiar with mysql and phpmyadmin, so don't know what is wrong. I get an "error during subscription" message in the newsletter block when trying to add a new email address.

Hi crystal, that happened to me too. If you´re using innodb structure in your database then you should change the last line of the query.

CHANGE THIS:

FOR THIS:

) ENGINE=InnoDB default CHARSET=utf8 ;

hope it works for you too!

About the Newsletter Block, i was having problems with the newsletter block messages, i finally fixed it by using a unique "operation successful" message instead of several descriptive messages, the functionality of the module is perfect but i couldn´t fix the messages display situation.

Has anybody had a problem with the cart when enabling the "geolocation by ip" option?

PRIMARY KEY(`id`)

Hi crystal, that happened to me too. If you´re using innodb structure in your database then you should change the last line of the query.

CHANGE THIS:

FOR THIS:

Thank you, I tried this, and phpMyadmin said the query was successful. Unfortunately, now the message reads "address is already subscribed" even when the address isn't.

Does anyone know how the newsletter module works? I have a mailing list service on another host, and up until now, I had a link directly to that mailing list subscription, but I don't know how to configure PS's newsletter module to use the third party system, and I also do not know how to "harvest" any email addresses that people might submit so I can sign them up manually, if PS isn't able to "point" to the third party mailing list service.

PRIMARY KEY(`id`)

hope can do little help smile.gif

CHANGE THIS:

FOR THIS:

Thank you, I tried this, and phpMyadmin said the query was successful. Unfortunately, now the message reads "address is already subscribed" even when the address isn't.

Does anyone know how the newsletter module works? I have a mailing list service on another host, and up until now, I had a link directly to that mailing list subscription, but I don't know how to configure PS's newsletter module to use the third party system, and I also do not know how to "harvest" any email addresses that people might submit so I can sign them up manually, if PS isn't able to "point" to the third party mailing list service.

The newsletter module works except for the messages that it shows, replace messages "address is already subscribed" and "address is not subscribed" for "operation successful" and if you think about that, operation succesful message really simplify the things for a confused subscriber.

Thank you - I checked it and you're right. I changed the translations in BO but not before subscribing and unsubscribing several times. I don't understand why those messages ("already registered" and "does not exist") are being sent when appropriate messages are available ( eg "subscription successful" and "unsubscription successful").....

Dear friends at DapurPixel,

Thank you for your marvelous Velvet Sky theme. Being tasked with redesigning my parent's website into a real selling platform, I will use it to power my prestashop project.

I am sorry to disturb you with a question related to a free project, knowing you are certainly very busy with the ones you actually sell. I tried to do most of the stuff by myself, with a trial/error approach. Most of the stuff found an answer - until I finally had to change the color of the JBX menu bar.

After a certain time trying (something like more than a couple hours) I came to the conclusion that the style of this bar

- is not managed by the JBX module, as whatever you would do on the admin interface won't change the color

- may be managed by an extra css with higher priority then, and that could be either superfish-modified.css or menu.css, both somewhere in the JBX module directory.

Problem is that although some modifications to actually show (letters, hover color, this kind of stuff), there is still no visible effect on the menu color, even when I replace all the colors with black (including in the vs_sub file). So obviously I am either not looking at the right place, or not doing the right thing. Any clue about this?

Great thanks in advance!!

Jianming

Hi,

Anybody got it working in prestashop 1.4.4?

I tried to quickly update from 1.4.3, and everything was all over the place, so I gave up and returned to 1.4.3. It would be nice to keep up to date though. Once you let go, it's hard to get back!

Dave

I am running the theme on 1.4.4.1 with no problems.

Reply to changing the colour of the menu: replace the graphics with ones that have the right colours (start with "navigation.png" at http://yoursite/themes/velvetsky/css/../img/vs-navigation.png. If you need help with other parts, let me know and I will try to track down the changes I made. - I've changed all the colours and the background image and it all works fine:

http://thestitchersmuse.com

sorry - for some reason I cannot seem to edit my earlier post:

Jianming: the file location for the navigation graphic is in yoursite/themes/velvetsky/img/navigation.png

PRIMARY KEY(`id`)

hope can do little help smile.gif

run this query in your phpmyadmin to fix the newsletter module problem.

Hi,

Open your phpmyadmin, and run this query

CREATE TABLE ps_newsletter (
PRIMARY KEY(`id`)
)

that will fix the CREATE TABLE ‘._DB_PREFIX_.’newsletter ( problem

Any sugestions?

Hello DapurPixel

thanks

nope, its not compatible with latest prestsahop. the velvet sky its build on Prestashop Version 1.4.2.5 theme files.

I am running the theme on 1.4.4.1 with no problems.

Reply to changing the colour of the menu: replace the graphics with ones that have the right colours (start with "navigation.png" at http://yoursite/them...navigation.png. If you need help with other parts, let me know and I will try to track down the changes I made. - I've changed all the colours and the background image and it all works fine:

http://thestitchersmuse.com

Great job with your store man!! very nice looking!

CrystalPhoenix18: did you have any issue with 1.4.4.1? Seems like the theme creator is not so sure that it's compatible with 1.4.4!

Did you have to update some modules?

Thanks,