DapurPixel

[FREE 1.4 theme] Velvet Sky theme by dapurpixel - released on Smashing Magazine

In case you’ve been looking for a nice e-commerce theme for your website or any ongoing projects, today we’ve got something for you. We’re releasing yet another freebie — a Prestashop and WordPress e-commerce theme called “Velvet Sky” which has exclusively been developed by DapurPixel for Smashing Magazine and its readers. The warm, natural brown colours within the theme portray much comfort and will hopefully provide your customers with a very calm and engaging environment in which they can find the items they’re searching for in no time.

NEW UPDATE:

VelvetSky 2.0 Availabe for download at our website [LINK]

Compatible with Prestashop version 1.4.8.2

More about our velvet sky theme, you could read and download the old version at smashingmagazine

Enjoy and Prosper.

48455_f1ACFtwhQYOcSLPyaUSS_t

48456_O13XDULIFLDFkhOngenp_t

48457_sDQ75z42eGMueNBRe041_t

48458_psAJzU8pxjNyflVxjKRb_t

Edited by DapurPixel

Wow, that's a graat theme! In my opinion it is wat better than most 'premium' themes that are available. Very generous of you and Smashing magazine to offer this for free.

Wow, that's a graat theme! In my opinion it is wat better than most 'premium' themes that are available. Very generous of you and Smashing magazine to offer this for free.

Thank you for your kind comment. We just want to give something back to the community. Because PrestaShop team already work hard to give their best for developt PrestaShop. Now its our turn to give something :-)

I hope you enjoy using it :-)

Great looking theme indeed, wanting to test it but something must be wrong, can't display the girl image above the slider, also in the theme's directory there is no props directory as specified in the PDF instructions. What am I doing wrong ?

Hi,
Thanks for the great theme! I've been setting it up and it really is nice.

Now I really hope I didn't break it by upgrading to the new image system of pretashop 1.4.3!!!

I'm having a problem with the 'new-product / featured product' combo module however. It seems to be looking for the images in the 'old' organization system.
Product TEST

The rest of the site works fine, it really is only this combo module, which still looks at the old location. I tried turning the compatibility for old image system 'on', no success. This also happens for new product that I create now. Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks so much!
Dave

Hi Rhobur,

If you want to change the image slider, you can click the modules, then search slideric module and click the configure to change the image. Or you can see the tutorial video here:

Good luck :)

Hi,
Thanks so much for the fast reply. I tried the change you mentioned with no luck. I then re-moved all images to new system, regenerated thumbnails, forced prestashop to compile with no cache, still no luck.

If I look at the link that the comboslider is trying to grab the image, I still see the old style paths. Could this come from somewhere else in the block?

Hopefully this is also useful for others who switched to the new image system...

Thanks!

Hi DapurPixel,
I had 2 problems with PS 1.4.3 and I`ve solved them.
1st: comboslider and problem exactly the same as Gretzteam, Your code:

didn`t worked for me, I have use this one:

getImageLink($product.link_rewrite, $product.id_image, 'home')}" alt="{$product.legend|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" {if isset($homeSize)} width="{$homeSize.width}" height="{$homeSize.height}"{/if} />

and it is ok now.

2nd: The Slideric - JQuery Nivo Slider, this one uploaded with Your theme didn`t work for me, I had to download this module directly from developer: http://www.prestashopic.com/eshop/23-nivo-jquery-slider-prestashop-module.html
and it worked!

Hi Kubbos,
I tried your code with no luck again. Are you sure there isn't a cut/paste error? It seems to be missing some '' right before getImageLink, but then again I really don't know .tpl language. I tried various modifications but still can't get it to work!

It's weird that the JQuery block worked fine for me. Had to upload images separatly since they were not included, but this one worked right away.

Thanks for the help!
Gretz

Hi DapurPixel,
I had 2 problems with PS 1.4.3 and I`ve solved them.
1st: comboslider and problem exactly the same as Gretzteam, Your code:

didn`t worked for me, I have use this one:

getImageLink($product.link_rewrite, $product.id_image, 'home')}" alt="{$product.legend|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" {if isset($homeSize)} width="{$homeSize.width}" height="{$homeSize.height}"{/if} />

and it is ok now.

2nd: The Slideric - JQuery Nivo Slider, this one uploaded with Your theme didn`t work for me, I had to download this module directly from developer: http://www.prestashopic.com/eshop/23-nivo-jquery-slider-prestashop-module.html
and it worked!

Hi kubbos,
yes velvet sky themes we release in prestashop 1.4.2.5 so there are possible problems in prestashop 1.4.3 thank you: D

Hi,
Thanks so much for the fast reply. I tried the change you mentioned with no luck. I then re-moved all images to new system, regenerated thumbnails, forced prestashop to compile with no cache, still no luck.

If I look at the link that the comboslider is trying to grab the image, I still see the old style paths. Could this come from somewhere else in the block?

Hopefully this is also useful for others who switched to the new image system...

Thanks!

Hi Greezteams
maybe this attachment can help you. Thank You :D

featured-list.zip

Problem with product listings, see image clearly showing the problem. Some shows add to cart products and not others. How to solve the problem?

regards

48444_9Q1hs26bGwAiTprtNfmS_t

I think this is a setting in the BO in preference/products

Display "add to cart" button when product has attributes: Yes/No

Set this to Yes and you'll always get the add to cart button.

Dave

I had that too.
It's because some of your products have a name that overlap on two lines. I don't know why it has such an effect, but try changing the long names and it will fix it.
I managed to add more space for the product name in a .css somewhere. I honestly can't remember which, but simply made the height larger, so that every product name uses two lines. If it's a short name, you just get more 'yellow' space before the price.

Dave

Hi, i'm a moron, and when installing this i managed to deleted my hooks in a way that should be videotaped for america's funniest home videos.. Could someone please upload, or email me a image of ALL the hooks for this theme so i dont have to reinstall my site again.. My email is linda@ensomitiden.se

Problem with product listings, see image clearly showing the problem. Some shows add to cart products and not others. How to solve the problem?

regards

Hello,

The problem happens because you have longer product name on 3rd column and it will push some products below it. To fix the problem open /themes/velvetsky/css/product_list.css file

Go to line 16 or find the code below:

ul#product_list li {
   float: left;
   height: auto;
   margin: 10px;
   min-height: 260px;
   text-align: center;
   width: 155px;
}

then adjust the min-height value (e.g. 280px)

Hope it works :)

Hi, i'm a moron, and when installing this i managed to deleted my hooks in a way that should be videotaped for america's funniest home videos.. Could someone please upload, or email me a image of ALL the hooks for this theme so i dont have to reinstall my site again.. My email is linda@ensomitiden.se

Hi Linda,

Did you mean that you just unhook all modules for this theme? Because if you did it, then you can easily transplant it again. You can read how to rearrange modules position in Installation Guide on Page 5.

Cheers

i am trying to make the combo slider work with prestashop 1.4.3
But still no luck!
I tried changing the "featured-list.tpl" that Darpurpixel attached, but still can't get images to appear on the combo slider in the homepage...
Any other fix??
Thank you

i am trying to make the combo slider work with prestashop 1.4.3
But still no luck!
I tried changing the "featured-list.tpl" that Darpurpixel attached, but still can't get images to appear on the combo slider in the homepage...
Any other fix??
Thank you

that we may know what browser are you using? and we have a check in mozilla with 1.4.3 using themes velvetsky prestashop ok. Maybe you can attach an image problem. : D Next we send modules comboslider for prestashop 1.4.3. Thanks

comboslider.zip

i installed the combo-slider that you kindly attached...but no results, it doesn't display the images..
maybe some other module is blocking it??
Let me know, thank you once again

Hi gretzteam,

maybe this way can help, please replace script

with :

in featured-list.tpl, module comboslider. Good luck :)

guys.... I have prestashop 1.4.3
where is the location of this file (featured-list.tpl)... and if none, where should I place this file?
thanks, and sorry for my humble because I am still a newbie.

Pendi

Hi

i have a issue with this great theme. When logged in the Cart and the username is moved down and also pushes the top menu down. I am unable to resolve this issue myself, anyone else have a solution?

Please see attached picture

B.R

I managed to fix it by shortening down the "welcome" phrase. In Swedish Welcome has 2 extra letters, it seems that those extra letters caused the problem....

48856_XNshiQ6yHlYnw5Y6t2ap_t

public_html/modules/comboslider/ featured-list.tpl

id="slide-animate">{$product.legend}

thank you amrdarwish,
but, I still have problems, with my prestashop 1.4.3 I got the unlike layout. information, account and several box placed in the midle of page, it should be on the left side. Product detail box is at the bottom page. Please help..

I am also having problems with the Combo Slider on the homepage v1.0 by DapurPixel. I also am using PrestaShop™ 1.4.3. I have tried all the changes suggested in this forum, and I have used Safari and Firefox to view the website and the images for the combo slider do not appear - only the question marks.

Now when I check the Source Code - it gives the image name/location as: img/p/9904904-4709-large.jpg

which actually doesn't exist. The image showing is actually: "img/404.gif" (the question mark) The image that I think should be showing is: "img/p/4/7/0/9/4709-large.jpg"

So what I'm wondering is: how does the program parse the link to arrive at the correct image. Where did the 99044904 come from - what does it mean? Why isn't it pointing to an image?

Please help! We cannot use this template without solving this issue. And that would be SAD! I love this template!

Thanks!
Lynnette

PS - if I completely delete the "....img src=..." line in the code (in featured-list.tpl) - there is no change in the appearance of the combo slider on the webpage... Just in case this information helps.

PPS - If no image is uploaded for the product - an image with the words "No Image Available" appears. Otherwise it's just the Question mark image.

This is what i am seeing with Firefox 3.6.18

Thank you for your help!!
:)

maybe you could try "regenerate thumbnails" image. I click the preferences menu -> Image -> regenerate thumbnails. Please try. Thanks: D

Hi gretzteam,

maybe this way can help, please replace script

with :

in featured-list.tpl, module comboslider. Good luck :)

guys.... I have prestashop 1.4.3
where is the location of this file (featured-list.tpl)... and if none, where should I place this file?
thanks, and sorry for my humble because I am still a newbie.

Pendi

ok no problem, the following location "featured-list.tpl" public_html / modules / comboslider / featured-list.tpl. good luck: D

Hi

i have a issue with this great theme. When logged in the Cart and the username is moved down and also pushes the top menu down. I am unable to resolve this issue myself, anyone else have a solution?

Please see attached picture

B.R

I managed to fix it by shortening down the "welcome" phrase. In Swedish Welcome has 2 extra letters, it seems that those extra letters caused the problem....

perhaps the language used words too long so that the css does not support the selected language. please search the word more simply. Thank you: D

public_html/modules/comboslider/ featured-list.tpl

id="slide-animate">{$product.legend}

thank you amrdarwish,
but, I still have problems, with my prestashop 1.4.3 I got the unlike layout. information, account and several box placed in the midle of page, it should be on the left side. Product detail box is at the bottom page. Please help..

if you can print screen problem you are experiencing now? so that we no idea what the problem is. Thank you