Product attachments are damaged

Hi,
please, somebody help me with products attachments.
After upgrading Prestashop to 1.4.3 all products attachments after downloading can not be opened. I used only .pdf attached to all products, such as data-sheets and brochures. When I visit product page and download datasheet .pdf, adobe acrobat says that : There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired. There was an error opening this document. The root object is missing or invalid.

The confusing thing is that I have a copy of my website in my local computer with MAMP. All attachments in my computer are working fine, but on the website not.

Please, any suggestions !!!

• 6 months later...

Hi there, i am experiencing the same issue after I update my site to 1.4.6.2. How did you solve it? ... or anyone else have any suggestions?

My PDFs show in the back and front office properly but they are damaged after downloading them.

Thanks,

P

I used Filezilla to upload the PDF files to the server. I realized that the files in the server were damaged and it was not a problem with the download. I changed my transfer settings (in Filezilla) from "Auto" to "Binary" and everything is back to normal.

• 2 years later...

I used Filezilla to upload the PDF files to the server. I realized that the files in the server were damaged and it was not a problem with the download. I changed my transfer settings (in Filezilla) from "Auto" to "Binary" and everything is back to normal.

What folder did you upload PDF files to?

What folder did you upload PDF files to?

I only see the /downloads/ folder that contain files and in phpMyAdmin, I see those files with the Mime names of .pdf.. I'm not sure if there are any other folders where the .pdf(s) reside.  That is why I asked "What folder did you upload PDF files".

I uploaded the /downloads/ folder in binary and now PDFs open, however with error.

There was an error in process page. Out of memory.

Any other suggestions?

• 2 years later...

I have the same Problem with Prestashop 1.6.1.7.

When I upload pdf or jpg as attachment to products, they don't open.

I always get the error that the files are corrupted or cannot be loaded.

I tried uploading pdf directly to ftp and it still didn't work.

Any idea? I would appreciate every help.

Thank you.

• 2 years later...
  • razaro changed the title to Product attachments are damaged