Richard S

[MODULE] Newsletter functionality from Newsletter Tab

Hi,

As I have been using Newsletter tab too (link to it: http://www.prestasho..._update_1_dot_4), I have decided to make this tab as module, so know you will not need to add tab manually to your server. However, there are NOT any email templates of now, but if you just need a simple newsletter functionality for your PrestaShop system, you can try this module.

It was tested with PS 1.4.3

Here is the link to my website and you can download it there:

http://www.smaizys.c...for-prestashop/

Comments and feedback are welcome.

UPDATE v1.1: 2011-06-22:

- Added automatic translastions to the admin tab class – Added ability to choose parent tab for your Newsletter tab

– fixed some mistakes

UPDATE v1.1: 2011-06-28

- fixed problem with configuration not showing

UPDATE v1.1: 2011-06-29

- fixed the bug with PS 1.4.3 selecting the parent tab.

UPDATE v1.1: 2011-08-15

- deleted some functions to make installation simpler

• Like 2

UPDATE v1.1: 2011-06-22:

- Added automatic translastions to the admin tab class
- Added ability to choose parent tab for your Newsletter tab
- fixed some mistakes

Download link in the first post.

Hi Good one .

Do you included any Newletter Templetes in this . also if possible to edits news templetes its more good

Good module

No, as I have mentioned earlier I disabled templates functionality for some time because I did not like how it was implemented, however I will try to replicate and improve this functionality in the future.

OK . i will Wait for your next update . i am Really wanted this

thanks for advance

I love the newsletter tab, and regularly use it on client sites. So when I came across this, I was really pleased - it should save me heaps of time with installing it.

However, I can't get it to work. The module appears to install fine, but there is no trace of the newsletter tab anywhere in the admin panel. Am I doing something wrong? Where is the newsletter tab supposed to be?

Thanks for your help.

You must configurate your plugin options after the install. You should see a warning on PrestaShop 1.4.3 about this.

After you go to plugins options page by pressing "Configure" in English, you will be able to choose the AdminTab you want as your parent tab for this plugin.

If you use older version than PS 1.4.3 I can not guarantee that the plugin works, but it should be fine too.

Thanks Richard, but I don't get a "configure" link for the module (just "disable", "reset" and "delete" links), nor did I get any warning. I am using PS 1.4.3.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the module, but it still didn't help.

Any idea about what might be going wrong?

Thank you for your information.

I have found the problem. I somehow changed module value responsible for configuration to false when I was upgrading this plugin. Sorry for that and I have re-uploaded files to my server. You can re-download it one more time. It should work fine now.

Thanks Richard.

I do get the configure link now, but I can't change the parent tab (it just reverts back to "AdminTools"), and the tab still doesn't appear to be installed anywhere.

I have found the bug, it was because of the PS 1.4.3 changes.

You can re-download the files.

And I really appreciate your help on this module.

There is a great module! I will defenetly try it tomorrow! and give a feedback!

Thanks Richard!

But there is an Idea!

should be good to set an email to the bouncing mails, because many fake emails use to be in the registered users

If anyone sees blank page after installation when they go to configuration page, you are using Smarty 2 and this module is not compatible with it. If there would be more than one user who want to use this module with Smarty2, I would add additional download link.

• Like 1

No recibe imagenes hotmail, no recibe yahoo,

La llamada al tiny_mce es erronea.

El uso de sessiones es incorrecto, si bien son seguras de por si no estan siendo validadas.

Estas utilizando codigo para invocar a editor tiny_mce de versiones antiguas de prestashop.

Utilizas una accion recursiva fuera del constructor de la classe.

Invocas tools validate filtrando mails, luego que estos ya sido utilizados en sessiones.

Para hacer todo eso que deseas simplemente utiliza Mail::Send y pasa los variables con smarty,

creas un template de envio de mail.

una simple opion constructiva.

saludos!

PD: lamento no poder escribir ingles :-( mi señora no esta ...

Hi Richard!

I was install your module and it is simply works on 1.4.1 and 1.4.4 too!

But!

first I use a test mail and it send me a newsletter.html from my mails folder

I made a folder as mysite.com/newsletter/mail01.html

I put the sourcecode in the editor of your module, but I'm not sure wich mail will be sent if I send the mail

the mails/newsletter.html or my source???????

can you explain me please! Cause I dare not send the mails until I don't sure!

Hello ,

I have installed this module in my application it works fine for other options but when i select 'Customers who signed up for Newsletter'
and submit than not thing happens , like no details of name and email is displayed the page below menu just goes blank and no emails are received , please can you tell what might be the error.

Thanks, 
Wasim Pathan

Hello ,

I have installed this module in my application it works fine for other options but when i select 'Customers who signed up for Newsletter'

and submit than not thing happens , like no details of name and email is displayed the page below menu just goes blank and no emails are received , please can you tell what might be the error.

Thanks, 

Wasim Pathan

You can download the original module up to date here : http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/145802-free-download-emailing-newsletter-2013-update-42/

it runs on all Presta versions :)

Hi.

i tried this module but in the body of email not complete first and last name

They remaining {Firstname}{Last name}

Any solution please?

Many thanks.