[Solved] Stock display error on FO when stock management disabled

Hello,

I have disabled stock management for my shop and set the config to "allow ordering out of stock items", but even with stock management disabled, PS 1.4.2.5 keeps on displaying an out-of-stock message for a short moment when the item page loads.

It's short, but customers will still see this "out of stock" message when they shouldn't.

How can I make it so PS won't display this message at all?

This is a really big issue to me, so help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Dan

Anyone? This might look like a minor issue, but I'm sure it severely affects customer trust when they first see a big fat red "out of stock" warning with an item, which then disappears. A work-around would probably be to edit the CSS, but that would be like treating the symptoms of a problem, not the cause.

So I would like to fix it for real that when stock management is disabled in BO, so should stock information on the FO end be too. Maybe it's a bug?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Removed following line from Product.tpl of my template:

"<span id="availability_value"{if $product->quantity <= 0} class="warning_inline"{/if}>

{if $product->quantity <= 0}{if $allow_oosp}{$product->available_later}{else}{l s='This product is no longer in stock'}{/if}{else}{$product->available_now}{/if}

</span>"

"<span id="availability_value"{if $product->quantity <= 0} class="warning_inline"{/if}>
{if $product->quantity <= 0}{if $allow_oosp}{$product->available_later}{else}{l s='This product is no longer in stock'}{/if}{else}{$product->available_now}{/if}
</span>"

• 1 year later...