Geolocation active = error 500

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your reply, I am also on V 1.4.6.

I am hosting my own site on a windows 2008 server and have not implemented Apache Server. Are you using a hosted system and setup as per the PrestaShop recommendations?

Regards

G

Very sorry I cannot help, I don't think our problem is common so I am looking at PHP settings ( might be Apache settings) but I am using a work around of not giving delivery to certain countries so controlling sales that way.

Have spent many hours on this and have now almost given up. Will let you know if I have any success.

G

• 7 months later...

Hi

Not sure if you still have the problem with Geolocations but “Basse” found my solution.

In the PHP file The php_mbstring extension was still commented out. I uncommented so now it is running and Geolocations works for me.

Cheers G

• 6 months later...

hi JerseyG. i am also having this issue. i'm glad you solved yours but can you please tell me which PHP file that string is in and where i can find it?

i have looked in both "geoipregionvars.php" and the "index.php" files and there is no such a string called "php_mbstring".

thanks!!!

jeremy...

thanks elpatron for the fast response.

i tried what you said on that page but all i get is the same error, nothing more specific at all :(

"Server error

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.fixgear.info/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Here are some suggestions:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request."

any ideas?

jeremy...

thanks elpatron for the fast response.

i tried what you said on that page but all i get is the same error, nothing more specific at all :(

"Server error

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.fixgear.info/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Here are some suggestions:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request."

any ideas?

jeremy...

well, if done correctly it works, so i'd say check your work...

what version of ps, and post what you did...

the other reliable method, and one you should learn to do is find your hosting error log. for this error but also to see what if any other errors you may have day to day....and stay on top of

Hi Jeremy

I host my own servers so I am able to access mine directly.

Reading the forums here on other topics relating to the PHP configuration I seem to recall that you have to ask your host to do that for you. This is only a guess on my part but I think that is going to be your best route.

G

appreciate the help a ton JerseyG!

this is the response from my host below. according to them, none of this applies to me since i am on a linux server.

any more ideas on how to get geolocation working for me? i am stressin here, every time i activate it and go to look at the front end i get the 500 error.

tnx,

jer...

-------

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your ticket. Mbstring is already available by default on all of our servers. You can verify it's on Panther as well on the global phpinfo page here:

http://panther.directrouter.co.uk/php/

The information you were give on that forum assumes you are on a Windows-based server, and the mbstring is not enabled, neither of those cases apply to you though, thank you.

-------

Hi Jeremy

Sorry I cannot help you any further with this problem. You need to follow Elparton's advice and try and get error log from your hosting service.

Down side is that my Geolocations is not working for me anyway, something that I have now accepted.

I believe it has happened since I changed my ISO codes to three digits but I am not sure. Unfortunately there looks to be a problem with the codes as if I leave it as two digits it believes that Jersey is in america when I use PayPal. But when I use three digits it looks as if Geolocations is thrown out.

I have gone for a solution on PayPal at the moment.

Good Luck

G

Hi Jeremy

Sorry I cannot help you any further with this problem. You need to follow Elparton's advice and try and get error log from your hosting service.

Down side is that my Geolocations is not working for me anyway, something that I have now accepted.

I believe it has happened since I changed my ISO codes to three digits but I am not sure. Unfortunately there looks to be a problem with the codes as if I leave it as two digits it believes that Jersey is in america when I use PayPal. But when I use three digits it looks as if Geolocations is thrown out.

I have gone for a solution on PayPal at the moment.

Good Luck

G

I pm'ed you.

Hello elpatron

Was that message directed at me? if so I have not received a message.

G

just sent...

if either of you need me to look at this...I will need ftp...you can email me from our site with that info and I will take a look at it...

the pm to Jersey, is that I have the Geo Targeting Pro module, very mature, works great....you can find it see it here on the forum

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/193843-module-prestashop-geo-pricing-geo-target-prices-by-country/

or on my site

http://www.etiendas.co/en/34-geo-targeting-pro-price-by-country.html