nostradamus

newsletter mail shows logo/images as attachments

when i send a newsletter the mail people receive has the images and logo as attachments. and the dont show in the mail it self.

all other mails that the shop sends out look normal only the newsletter one doesn't.

how can i fix this?

Hello,

If you're talking about the default template for shop emails, it's normal. These emails are only stylized with colors, not with images (that's why there's no attachments).

Every images on emails are "blocked" by hosts, to avoid security problems. There's no way to fix this on your side.

Regards,

its the default one. and all other mail templates show the logo i added in the back end.

only the newsletter one show the logo as a attachment?

it being send using the newsletter tab 1.4 mod

Hello,

I really suggest that you directly contact the contributor, to ask him support about his module.

Regards,

Hi there, did you get to the bottom of this?

I am finding all my emails are as attachments -order confirmations etc

Hello,

If you're talking about the default template for shop emails, it's normal. These emails are only stylized with colors, not with images (that's why there's no attachments).

Every images on emails are "blocked" by hosts, to avoid security problems. There's no way to fix this on your side.

Regards,

does the restriction include custom images to be included in newsletter as well?

Thanks

I see that only logo image is shown as attachment.

I try to put img src into mail body and works. Image is displayed well.

Maybe need avoid the function that sends logo, and put it manually into head of mails body.

• Like 1

Yea i think its best to get away from having the logo attached and setup the templates to grab the image by http://

Hi. How can I get this done ? All emails sent have the shop logo as an attachment, and it just looks odd. It does show up in the body of the message too, as normal, but also as an attachment. How can I remove it as attachment and instead embed ? This doesn't just show up in the newsletter though for me, but also in Welcome emails and others. Thanks.

The same problem too!!

Please anyone to know this?

Not sure which version of PS you're using but in 1.4.9 you need to comment out the following code in classes/Mail.php:

$message->attach(new Swift_Message_Image(new Swift_File(_PS_IMG_DIR_.'logo_mail.jpg'))) : ((file_exists(_PS_IMG_DIR_.'logo.jpg')) ?
 $message->attach(new Swift_Message_Image(new Swift_File(_PS_IMG_DIR_.'logo.jpg'))) : '');

• Like 1