[PrestaModule] JS

[MODULE] [PM] AdvancedSearch 4 - Winner at the Best Module Awards 2012

as.png

Advanced Search 4

version 4.9.9 - published on August 6th 2013

Demonstration

Buy now on:

Presta-Module.com - Addons PrestaShop

Add a layered navigation, filters and searches by steps to your e-shop, with Advanced Search 4.

Enjoy our optimised SEO page exclusive system, validated by Blog E-Commerce!

Check it out :

It lets you add as many search engines as you like and place them at different locations on your site.

This module was developed in an effort to provide short loading times, even on large catalogs.
Your visitors can browse products that match their search criteria, to make their purchases in minimal time.

Each search is saved over the navigation, allowing your visitors to return to the results of their research at any time.

Types of available search engines:

• Advanced Search
  • Multi criteria
  • Multi layered navigation
  • Filters categories results
  • Step by step searches

Hooks available:

• Top of page (hook top)
  • Left column blocks (hook leftcolumn)
  • Right column blocks (hook rightcolumn)

Each search engine can be configured with precision:

• Quick presentation (size, rich editor, backgrounds, margins ...)
  • Advanced presentation (CSS editor built-in with syntax colors)
  • Display number of results before starting the search
  • Dynamic criteria
  • Search criteria reminder
  • Search criteria conservation over navigation
  • Sort order preferences of search results
  • Pagination
  • Display only a selection of categories or products

Each search criterion can also be configured:

• Orders preferences for criteria display
  • Types of criteria available in several forms (dropdown menus, links, checkboxes, images, sliders)
  • Allows selection of multiple criteria in a group
  • Simultaneous display limit
  • Search on products in stocks

Features:

• Full AJAX
  • Compatible with the specific prices of PrestaShop 1.4
  • Uses its own indexes for better performance
  • Search by price range (dynamic cursors)
  • Search on current categories results (Filter mode)
  • Multi-criteria searches
  • Multi-Layered searches
  • Translation Management
  • Multi-Hooks
  • Multi-instances by hook (you can hang several searches on a single location)
  • Advanced CSS editor with color-syntax
  • SEO product pages builder
  • Search on products and attributes with stock
  • Search results sharing options
  • Real time indexation on product edition or by CRON job.

47001_cohIHZmG2WM8AcsLGbOO_t

47002_MnUYtNCYf7mjKkY8bK0P_t

47003_jBbR0BkFeFkXFnKv1boY_t

47004_EwmKSNUQzgtdjTNw3YJ6_t

Edited by [PrestaModule] JS

that is what I assumed but would it be hard to modify your module to create something similar? My client is looking it on her site.

New release of AdvancedSearch4 module :

The program for this version:

* Fixed the pagination and sorting of search results
* Optimization of SQL queries
* Optimization of SQL tables
* Small fix in the visual BO (those with a lot of criteria will notice)

If you are using v4.0, you are strongly advised to download the latest version.

JS

Hi !

New optimizations and features has been add to Advanced Search 4 !

This release 4.1.6 comes with this new features:

* Get all products on category depth
* Start working on search by URL
* Smarty 2 compatibility
* Add search by step and by category
* Add criteria group name edition mode

And bug fixes and optimizations :

* Fix SQL QUERY for count criteria
* Fix price criterion when it's the first search argument
* Fix product's results animation display
* Fix Mysql issue

This upgrade is free and available on your customer area.

CY

Hi !

New release of Advanced Search 4.

Here is the change log since 4.1.6.

A lot a work was accomplished :)

• Changelog 4.5
    • Change method for calling UI slider
    • Add conditional on title display
    • Fix on not multicriteria search link
    • Autoselect criterion on step search when filter by emplacement is enabled

• changelog 4.4
    • Upgrade JQuery to 1.6.1
    • Fix clearCompiledTpl func

• changelog 4.3
    • Compatibility with MagicZoom™ & MagicZoomPlus™
    • Fix reindexing criteria (position and status are keep)
    • Reindexing optimisation
    • Fix multicriteria on checkbox
    • Add option "Display empty criteria"
    • Add option "Recursive indexing of categories"
    • Use public_name instead of name for attribute group name
    • Fix scrollTo javascript function in BO

• Changelog 4.2.1
    • Add fix for CSS and JS inclusion on PS 1.4.0.17
    • Clear smarty compilation on update
    • Caching for "makeLeftJoinWhereCriterion" function
    • Fix categories indexation
    • New option keep category information
    • Move clean empty criterion function

• Changelog 4.2
    • Fix criteria when multiple categories levels groups was activates
    • Criteria can be hide from group
    • Change link "reset search" by "back" or "back to $category_name"
    • Add option for keeping categories information
    • SQL Optimization
    • Fix price indexation
    • Ajax Reindexing with progressbar
    • Add search submit disable when post
    • Fix 'position' field type on criteria table

cool.gif

I would like to say awesome software PrestaModule has created.

I have a few questions to see if your module is right for my site since it's rather a little costly compared to other modules. The webstore I am in the making is a automotive part store.

1. Are you able to hook to individual CMS pages with different templates?
  2. Multi-Layered-Navigation are you able to create unique templates hooking to different sub-categories with this module using different Product Features assigned?
  3. Can the new Search by step in different categories levels depth be able to set different steps to different CMS pages?
  4. Are you able to have two of your modules functions on one page?
    • I.E. Search-By-Step on the left column and below it would be a feature filtered layer navigation below it?

[*]The new Layered-Navigation module that Prestashop released in 1.4 gives me the ability to add (Stock Status - In Stock and Out of Stock) function, Are you able to do this with your module?

[*]If you release a new version on a updated fix of the module, is these update version downloads free? Also, if I have already configured my Advanced Search 4 module to exactly the way I want it, and your team releases a new improved version. Would I lose all my previous work when I update my older version to the newest version?

Thank you in advance for answering the questions I have. I need to know if your module is able to work these features. If so, this is the module I have been long looking for! :)

Hi Philee,

Thanks for your message.

Here is some answers to your questions :

1. Yes you can display yours search engines on specifics CMS pages or Categories.

2. You can create as many search engine you want, and assign them to specifics hooks.

3. No you can't. Search by step use Ajax for display results. So you can't dispatch steps on differents CMS pages.

4. You can place more than one search engine on different hooks on on the same hook. (eg: one search by step in left column above a search engine multi-criteria)

5. We actually work on this feature and we want it to be perfect.

Layered navigation module by Prestashop don't let to search attributes in stock.

(see screen capture : ipod nano blue with stock 0, in show in the search results)

6. All our minor modules updates are free to download on the Presta Module customer area (eg: 4.0.1 -> 4.9.9 are free ; 5.0 is a paid major update).

Of course, configurations are saved between update installation.

Regards

post-181409-0-12311400-1315485702_thumb.jpg

Purchased.

I must say, don't let the price-tag discourage you from making the purchase. Worth every single penny! I've spent 10 minutes on this module trying to learn and utilize all the wonderful functionality that this module offers.

Keep up the terrific work PrestaModule Team - Stephan and Jean! I am looking forward to purchasing SimplyOrder next to improve cart conversion rate with the slick check-out.

Hi There

After hard work, we are pleased to announce the official release of our advanced search engine "AdvancedSearch" in version 4.6

More than a simple update, this is the outcome of the initial specifications written 8 months ago. This development deserves to be called a re-volution in relation to what exists in the market of Prestashop's search engines.

It goes without saying that we are proud, and we hope it will give you as much satisfaction to use as what we are experiencing with all the work done these last months.

It has monopolized our thoughts, our time and team in recent weeks, and I will use this post to thank our whole team for their commitment and willingness to provide such a quality work on a complex subject.

I also dedicate a think to our families and friends what had to support us in this project, as well as a partner whom I respect greatly, who kindly give its time to guide us in an area where we have so many things to learn: Blog e-commerce.

Indeed, this version allows a small revolution for your SEO. You will be able to generate with AdvancedSearch 4.6 mass-produced pages optimized for SEO, and without duplicate content!

Select your criteria on which you want to optimize your SEO, validate, and here you go with a few hundred of pages listing all of you products having: re-written URL, H1 tags, descriptions, meta tags, automati cross links

In addition, we reviewed the back-office interface to bring you maximum ease of use.

Again, we used the latest technology to provide an even better user experience.

Among the unique features that have been made ​​to this version, and without being exhaustive:

- Research on products and attributes in stock

- Share search results on social networks and e-mail

- Indexing by cron job, and during the recordings of your product files automatically

- Possibility to use the next / previous buttons of your browser and return to the results of previous research

- Order products that meet their position in their categories

Let's stop the blahblah, we updated our demonstration so you can see what we are talking about. Make yourself an idea ;)

http://advancedsearc...earch/login.php

email : demo@demo.com

pass : demodemo

CY

Great work PrestaModule! Got the latest module on my store, and I simply love it! I also noticed an increase in search results from the FO.

Suggestion for module improvement: Allowing BO open field text, instead of having the world 'All'.

Hi! I am reallly interested in getting this module.

Any of you could give me links of shops using it? I have checked the demo given by the developer, but in my opinion the website is too slow when an user uses the module - that's why I want to check if it's slow on other websites.

Thanks,

Emma

Suddenly it's fast! But I'd love to see some websites using the filter. Could you provide some?

I want also to ask if this module provides contextual search/filters. I mean, when you are on a category (iPods) you can choose between different filters from when you're on another category (laptops).

Edited by emmaunih

Hi,

We have been experiencing some server issue. Everything should be back to the normal by now.

Could you please explain in details about your contextual search? Im not sure to understand exactly what you mean.

Here are a few examples of website using Advanced Search 4:

www.stage2pilotage.fr

http://www.americanv...merican-vintage

http://ocarat.com/bijoux/femme

Best regards

Edited by ::PrestaModule::Co

is it possible for you to put a sub category inside another with a product and a few features for it on your demo site please...

sorry to be a pain but i wish to buy a few modules from u but this one is the one im having problems finding for what i need it to do.

Yes we could add some categories and features but tomorrow.

One thing : our demos are restored every two hours. So you have to be online when we change it.

Please contact us by email for a date.

Best regards

very good module but what a pity if beyond 3rd world countries people pockets :( take me for example, I live in Iran in which monthly salary of a worker is ~90USD (for a month) how I can I affor 300USD for a module!? :( our money value is so low, 1USD equals to 38000 IRR!

Layered navigation module at prestashop 1.5.2 ignores price range based on special price and we cannot find any solution for this, therefore we wish to buy a new module.  Do you know if  “Module Advanced Search 4” will work based on reduction price at prestashop 1.5.2. ?

I just purchased and installed this module but when I do not filter the items shown in GRID mode.

Plus my ecommerce only have prices by customer group and when I do filter by price, not do it for the price of customer groups, but it does for the base price of the item.

I just purchased and installed this module but when I do not filter the items shown in GRID mode.
Plus my ecommerce only have prices by customer group and when I do filter by price, not do it for the price of customer groups, but it does for the base price of the item.

Hi,

Can you please contact our support team here ? https://www.presta-module.com/en/contact-us

We will assist you as fast as possible.

Regards,

Hi, I've been reading the documentation and so far the only question I have is "how do we set specific price ranges?" and if it's possible to set specific price ranges per category.

In example:

If I have a category for candys, I would like the following price ranges:

1 to 5 Euros

6 to 10 Euros

11 to 25 Euros

26 Euros and more

And if I also have a category for cars, then the price ranges would be totally different:

5000 to 10000 Euros

10001 to 20000 Euros

Etc.

Oh, and if there's any chance to get a special price for being a loyal customer with more than 3-4 modules from you :P.

Best regards,

Moises Garcia

Hi, I've been reading the documentation and so far the only question I have is "how do we set specific price ranges?" and if it's possible to set specific price ranges per category.

In example:

If I have a category for candys, I would like the following price ranges:

1 to 5 Euros

6 to 10 Euros

11 to 25 Euros

26 Euros and more

And if I also have a category for cars, then the price ranges would be totally different:

5000 to 10000 Euros

10001 to 20000 Euros

Etc.

Oh, and if there's any chance to get a special price for being a loyal customer with more than 3-4 modules from you :P.

Best regards,

Moises Garcia

Hi,

You can configure the search engine in order to adapt the criterions values for the displayed products.

So the slider will have min & max prices depending on the products of the context.

For commercial questions, please send us a message via our contact form here : https://www.presta-module.com/en/contact-us or via chat.

Our commercial team will be happy to satisfy you :)

Regards,

Hi, Vincent. By price ranges I ment to display the price options in the link mode or checkbox mode.

I've tried to set the range in the backoffice of the demo store, but I've not been able to do so :/.

Oh, BTW, I've sent a messane using your contact form :)

Hi

You have to create 2 search engines.
One for candys, and one other for cars (click on the association fieldset when you edit them).
Each of them could have different criteria, or set up differently.

For price ranges, edit the criterion "price", set it up to price range, and add your values separated by commas.
Eg:
0,5,10,25,10000 for candys
0,10000,20000,100000 for cars

Best regards
Stephan

Hi, i bought your module few days ago. It's great, but i missing two things:

1) when i use massive add of seo pages. there will be great to generate description with some template. I write text and use some keywords (for selected features) and module generate description for each page from this template...

2) when i have generated seo page for some combinations of features and i use this combination in filter, it will be great to display this page (with the seo URL) instead of url with parameters....

Hi

Thanks for your suggestions, however, theses one will not be included into our module because for the first one, this is not good for SEO is some users use the same template (so same descriptions) for each generated pages, and for the second point, if we redirect the user to a SEO page if the selected criteria matches the one used in SEO page, we'll loose the navigation history.

All the best

Stephan

S39    0

I purchased this last week and am configuring it (really powerful by the way). I have an issue that if I try and associate an image with a search criteria group I get an "HTTP Error" message and it does not upload the file. The same thing happens with the images for criteria, although the error message is hidden under the criteria definition but I think it is the same error.

Anyone have any idea what I haven't done ?

Hi

Can you check if the URL used for your back office connexion is exactly the same (sub domain included) that the one you use for your Prestashop configuration ?

It's easy to verify : go to your back office home page. If you have an error message about URL (yellow background), you have to change your URL into your web browser or change your configuration.

If not, contact out support team for our contact form.

Best regards

Stephan

This is a nice module though I did suffer an issue with performance.  The developers were a little keen to give the hand-off so I'm not sure if it's particular to my instance/host or whether it's a generic issue.  Anyway, after a bit of trial and error, it looks like APC caching interferes with the way this module works.  Again, this may be peculiar to my setup, but if you find that the module isn't working as quickly as you might expect and you have APC running, try disabling it.

It would be great to know what the issue is, but it will take someone more technical than me to work that out or for the developers to see if this is more of a generic issue...

This is a nice module though I did suffer an issue with performance.  The developers were a little keen to give the hand-off so I'm not sure if it's particular to my instance/host or whether it's a generic issue.  Anyway, after a bit of trial and error, it looks like APC caching interferes with the way this module works.  Again, this may be peculiar to my setup, but if you find that the module isn't working as quickly as you might expect and you have APC running, try disabling it.

It would be great to know what the issue is, but it will take someone more technical than me to work that out or for the developers to see if this is more of a generic issue...

Do you think that APC could affect also that the filters don't shrink once you select an option? That's one of the problems that I'm facing right now :/

@moy2010 - I'm not sure--I didn't have any problems with the behaviour, just with the speed.  You could set the APC off and then see what happens.