[PrestaModule] JS

[MODULE] [PM] Advanced Search 4 - Winner at the Best Module Awards 2012

HI how to change color in search filter because its silver and my theme is yellow...

help

Hello please, plus or minus icon not displayed, can you help me please? I had refresh all cache and other ...

screenshot-www.vetranie.tech-2019.05.20-15-03-47.png

And one more request form my site. Please try click here http://www.vetranie.tech/sk/2-produkty in filter click on: Rekuperácie , and then if i click on Back to Produkty, tat script redorect me to homepage no to page Produky, i need navigate back to Produkty.

Hi

There is not much information about the cache - just that it is best to enable the cache. you say it is separate to the normal site cache. We use the filter by feature ranges and it is very slow first vist (can be 5-10 seconds.) But the second visit because of your cache is really fast.  The reason i ask is that the cache seems to reset itself quite regularly and I do not know how / why.

Where is the cache?

Can we clear / reset the cache?

Can we "warm" the cache?

Does re-index the normal shop search index affect it?

Does regenerating the Advanced Search 4 search engines affect it

Does changing a product price/qty affect it? (We upload new prices via Store Manager which I think directly inputs the new data to the tables)

Any info you can give to help us understand the process will be great

On 6/9/2019 at 1:05 PM, haylau said:

Hi

There is not much information about the cache - just that it is best to enable the cache. you say it is separate to the normal site cache. We use the filter by feature ranges and it is very slow first vist (can be 5-10 seconds.) But the second visit because of your cache is really fast.  The reason i ask is that the cache seems to reset itself quite regularly and I do not know how / why.

Where is the cache?

Can we clear / reset the cache?

Can we "warm" the cache?

Does re-index the normal shop search index affect it?

Does regenerating the Advanced Search 4 search engines affect it

Does changing a product price/qty affect it? (We upload new prices via Store Manager which I think directly inputs the new data to the tables)

Any info you can give to help us understand the process will be great

Hey haylau,

We use both Smarty & user localStorage for the cache.

Of course, if a product that impact a search engine is updated, or a search engine is updated/reindexed.. the cache is cleared.

You can clear the whole cache by using the dedicated action into the Performances tab of your shop.

Regards,

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, {PrestaModule} Vincent said:

if a product that impact a search engine is updated

thanks for the reply. For clarification, just so I fuy understand :"if a product that impact a search engine is updated.. the cache is cleared."

Does that mean any change to a product will clear the whole cache??. So for example Product A price is changed, or product B stock  value is changed then the whole cache is cleared? I resume that mean manual change>

If stock level is changed because of a purchase will the cache be cleared?

Would you advise these are the best settings for the smarty cache

image.thumb.png.2e493099dbf472ee04a242a3c3f82108.png

Edited by haylau (see edit history)

11 hours ago, haylau said:

If stock level is changed because of a purchase will the cache be cleared?

Not the whole search engine cache will be cleared, but the related criterions groups.

But depending on your configuration (only display products that are having stock, for example), it may vary.

24 minutes ago, {PrestaModule} Vincent said:

Not the whole search engine cache will be cleared, but the related criterions groups.

I think that may be our problem. We are updating all stock levels and prices 4 times a day via storemanager which puts those changes directly into the database and changes the update time field. So that would clear the advanced search cache :(. But even if we only do that 1 time a day it really means the cache is no good for us

I dont think it matters for most of our filters becase there are not many products. But our main  filter has over 600 products with 7 feature sets so it a lot of information to draw down which is why it is very slow first time.(https://u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/125493-u-bolts)

But even if a customer purchases a product, that changes the stock level - does that also clear the cache?

Unless there is a way to "warm" the cache?  I suppose not, there are jsut so many different combinations

40 minutes ago, haylau said:

IUnless there is a way to "warm" the cache?  I suppose not, there are jsut so many different combinations

You can't "warm" the cache for now, but you could disable auto-reindex process into the global configuration of the module.

Then, you'll have to run the indexation URL once a day to take the changes into consideration

8 hours ago, {PrestaModule} Vincent said:

You can't "warm" the cache for now, but you could disable auto-reindex process into the global configuration of the module.

Yeh - tried that. So is it the sql query that is taking up the time? Can you suggest any sql parameters than can be optimised to help? Or is this beyond what us mere mortals can do

14 hours ago, haylau said:

Yeh - tried that. So is it the sql query that is taking up the time? Can you suggest any sql parameters than can be optimised to help? Or is this beyond what us mere mortals can do

Well, it depends on a lot of things... The best would be to send us a message through the platform you bought the module so our technical support could take a look.

We consider that depending on your catalog, tables size etc.. your database server should be well configured (by a DBA in a perfect world :D). You may ask your hoster too about theses latencies.

Hi

Is there any possibility to add the search engine to some CMS page? I want to make special product chooser page - where customer can fill some steps and then he gets results. But I don't want to be it in column or header. I looked predefined search pages - but this gives 404 error.

8 hours ago, spott said:

Hi

Is there any possibility to add the search engine to some CMS page? I want to make special product chooser page - where customer can fill some steps and then he gets results. But I don't want to be it in column or header. I looked predefined search pages - but this gives 404 error.

You can use the displayTop or displayTopColumn hook, or any other hook if you're using PrestaShop 1.7, as the module can act as a widget too.

On 6/24/2019 at 8:12 PM, Malak said:

Hi, 

Is there a way to combine checkboxes and hierarchy ? like in this website https://fr.smallable.com/design/adulte/all/mobilier?_type=bibliotheques

And make it work the same ?

Thanks

Hi Malak,

Not natively, but it could be done using some custom CSS rules and maybe some little changes into the desired template.

Regards,

17 hours ago, {PrestaModule} Vincent said:

Hi Malak,

Not natively, but it could be done using some custom CSS rules and maybe some little changes into the desired template.

Regards,

Hi , thanks for repliying.

Can you make it for me ?

Malak

Hi

I have new problem with AS4 - and its related with pretty url-s. I want to take use nice urls - so that there is no category and ID any more - so that category pages are domain.com/category and product pages - domain.com/product

And now the problem - AS4 whole catalog search - this is working. As it generates new link https://domain.com/s-1/index/search-criteria - I can refresh and share this link - and it works.

But when I am in some category - lets say in https://domain.com/category and using left panel filter - then url will change to https://domain.com/-category/s-2/index/filter-criteria - its filters all products - but when to press F5 or when I want to share this result - it doesn't work any more and gives 404 error.

Its seems, that there is something missing in .htaccess as I don't see there any information about advancessearch4

Prestashop is 1.6.24

Posted (edited)

Hi

Please help me to know that why Google do not show Meta description right

as You can see in Predefined results page (SEO) I made some URLs like this but google show something different and wrong!!!!!

I've tested shorter text & Re indexing in webmaster too but I have this problem. 

Please help me.

question.jpg

Edited by 20bekhar (see edit history)

On 8/10/2019 at 6:44 PM, spott said:

But when I am in some category - lets say in https://domain.com/category and using left panel filter - then url will change to https://domain.com/-category/s-2/index/filter-criteria - its filters all products - but when to press F5 or when I want to share this result - it doesn't work any more and gives 404 error.

Its seems, that there is something missing in .htaccess as I don't see there any information about advancessearch4

Hello

This error is related to PrettyURL module. You have to contact them in order to ask them to contact our dev team in order to make our both product compatible with.

Hello,

Is there a way to change the font size and maybe spacing at the left column filter from Advanced Search module?

I am using prestashop 1.7 and the classic theme so maybe some css commands?