[PrestaModule] JS

[MODULE] [PM] Advanced Search 4 - Winner at the Best Module Awards 2012

v4.10.19, presta 1.6.1.5.

When editing searches/ behavior these edits are not saved properly. For example adding a description no longer saved (and not displayed in front end). Associations, although saved (working front end) are not displayed as saved in BO.

And a question. In associations I want the search only for homepage and selected categories. I was successful in adding the categories, but what page do I need to add to include the homepage as well?

@jetx

There could be due to a JavaScript error in your back office.

Please open your web browser console to be sure.

Regarding home page association, you have to use "Special pages", and add "index" page.

Best regards

Stephan

fransjaeger - great suggestion!! This is exactly what I am currently missing in the module.

I am even keen to pay extra to get a module with above functionality.

Thx I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that :-) I too would be willing to pay for this as i actually think this module is not helping my seo anymore, maybe even I'm getting punished for my seo landing pages generated through as4.

Hi I have your module for a few months and all well but now I want to activate the search and the home of my site always get deployed and no way to have it by default folding the advanced search, I leave the address of my web ruling that I tell him this in the home .

http://www.automotor10.com

I am looking forward to your response.

Thank you.

jacadesing protects your theme with index.php. and chmod

Your theme files are downloadable: the .tpl files and css ...

Hi, 

How can i configure the module to show the products in the subcategories as the default layered module of prestashop does?

Does Advanced Search 4 have this option?

Hi PrestaModule,

Can you feedback to the below request?

It would be a very nice improvement!

I'd like this module improved with a few things:

1. totally free url structure on seo pages. the /s/111/word-word/ url is not a natural part of my url structure. It should be natural structure or totally editable.

2. make it easier to build a natural relevant linking structure from my category pages to my seo pages. and from my seo pages to my seo pages and my category pages.

ie. on /products/petfood/dogs/ if filter option "puppy" is selected url will be /products/petfood/dogs/puppy/ and if then selected filter option "dry food" it will be /products/petfood/dogs/puppy/dry-food/ etc (and breadcrumb structure leads back)

3. make a breadcrumb structure that actually makes sense.

in my mind there is only one way to acheive these goals, that is to walk away from seperate seo pages and in stead make the filter options directly effect the url in a natural way so it can be crawled. and make it possible to add custom text/meta to the most common filter combinations. so in stead of a list of seo pages, you have a long list of filter combinations that you can add/edit specific text/meta.

Please let me know if this is possible som way

Hi PrestaModule,

Can you feedback to the below request?

It would be a very nice improvement!

Hi,

1. version 4.11.0+ use modulesRoutes so you could edit this part and use the structure you want, however you'll have to code it by yourself as it's not being included into the module as a feature.

2. SEO pages are indexed, with customizable metas title description... Results pages aren't, even if they're now accessible with pretty URL. We're sending noindex http header and defining noindex into template that are managing it. Theses results pages are not supposed to be indexed as you can't define real and specific rules for each of them.

We want to keep this behaviour because SEO is very important, and the work must be done for each page. We do not want to make it automatic at all.

About selected filter order, it's related to the criterions groups id and the same for the criterions.

3. See 2 ;-)

Edited by {PrestaModule} Vincent (see edit history)

Hi @Tihomir 

Advanced Search 4.11 is a major update.

Only customers with a regular Zen option (or Serenity one) can download them from their customer account.

What is Zen option (Serenity)? How can I upgrade to latest version ?

@Tihomir

Zen option is a service package which extends your free 90 days free support period and access to major updates for 1 year.

And it cost 199,99 € tax excl. for existing customers ?

No, 199.99€ is the module price.

Zen Option is available for customers which has ordered a module on Addons from June 2nd, and for 1 year long.

Customers which placed their order before this date, can't buy Zen Option after their purchase.

They had to buy the Serenity Option 1 or 2 years in the same time of the initial module purchase.

No, 199.99€ is the module price.

Zen Option is available for customers which has ordered a module on Addons from June 2nd, and for 1 year long.

Customers which placed their order before this date, can't buy Zen Option after their purchase.

They had to buy the Serenity Option 1 or 2 years in the same time of the initial module purchase.

I buy module at July but I dont have options to buy zen ("You have not bought products that offer Zen support. From your next purchase, here you will find all the information related to the support of your products."). If I understand well i have to buy module again ?

Hi Tihomir,

hi had your same issue, bought the module in July and after less than 1 year since there has been a "major" update we can't have any more update, and we will have to re-buy the module again.

Which we won't, found out an alternative, maybe less nice, but more customer-loyalty oriented.

I think when such modules already cost way a lot they should offer at least 48 months of free support and upgrades or offer a smaller packages of upgrade for 50 $ or so.

Not giving the option to have such options make Prestashop policy quite bad.

Had the same issue. In many cases it doesn't make even an economical sense to upgrade: value for money in upgrade is lower, but price stays the same as you need to repurchase the module.

Many developers ignored PS policy and offer they own conditions (either on addons or their own sites).

Will have to try this new options, maybe finally there is a reasonable approach to upgrades.

I'm having this error with the latest v4.11 and v4.11.1:

as4_plugin.js:51 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'stepSearch' of undefined

It's also not letting me to overwrite the CSS, almost as if it was hardcoded or something :S

Hi moy2010

It seems your templates overides files are not up to date for 4.11 version.

Please update them for this new release of Advanced Search.

Regarding CSS overrides, you have to use the exact file path from our module structure.

Eg : /themes/themeName/css/modules/pm_advancedsearch4/views/css/pm_advancedsearch4.css

By the way, do you know we provide a CSS editor from our module configuration ?

This method avoid to make overrides of our files and preserve update processes.

If your problems persists, please contact our support team here : https://www.presta-module.com/en/contact-us and send us a back office and ftp access to your website.

Best regards

Stephan

You're right :P. I'll adapt my template changes to the new version :).

Thanks for the quick solution!

EDIT:

When I apply a filter and then refresh the page, it overrides the changes made in pm_advancedsearch_results.tpl o_0

Edited by moy2010 (see edit history)

howdy, I'm looking for something like this, but with a searchbar aswell and if it could load the results on a new page

Hi, PrestaModule Staff. I have 2 issues/questions:

1.- What's the logic behind having duplicated code in hook/pm_advancedsearch_results.tpl and front/search-results.tpl? Both have the code for the results title and content_sortPagiBar.

2.- This last version breaks the SEO links. If I go to a given search engine SEO pages and click on a link, it returns the following:

http://www.mypage.com/s/123/my-seo-name

If I then try it, I get an error page saying:

Missing id_search

Hi, I need to translate the Yes & No options on the stock filter but I can't find where to do this translation.

Thanks.

Hi, PrestaModule Staff. I have 2 issues/questions:

1.- What's the logic behind having duplicated code in hook/pm_advancedsearch_results.tpl and front/search-results.tpl? Both have the code for the results title and content_sortPagiBar.

2.- This last version breaks the SEO links. If I go to a given search engine SEO pages and click on a link, it returns the following:

http://www.mypage.com/s/123/my-seo-name

If I then try it, I get an error page saying:

Missing id_search

you just need to disable rewrite for seo pages in your web-server config to fix this.

• Like 1

I have a problem. Why am I the only configuration that? jquery does not work?

sURWWq.png

Have this problrm too.

Console:

index.php?controller=AdminModules&configure=pm_advancedsearch4&token=9f3fb98……:13Uncaught ReferenceError: $jqPm is not defined(anonymous function) @ index.php?controller=AdminModules&configure=pm_advancedsearch4&token=9f3fb98……:13
index.php?controller=AdminModules&configure=pm_advancedsearch4&token=9f3fb98……:19Uncaught ReferenceError: $jqPm is not defined(anonymous function) @ index.php?controller=AdminModules&configure=pm_advancedsearch4&token=9f3fb98……:19
index.php?controller=AdminModules&configure=pm_advancedsearch4&token=9f3fb98……:26 Uncaught ReferenceError: loadPanel is not defined

1.6.1.0 Presta version.

I am trying to do a two stage sort/purchase of a product.

Step 1: Search and get selection of Part A's.

Choose apart A (and add it to the cart, or show it as selected/purchased)

Step 2: Now the buyer is present with only Part B's that are compatible with chosen Part A.

Once Part B is chosen, you have the desired Part A and Part B two part product combination and you can check out.

Any thoughts? Clearly the module does part A selection from their desired attributes easily. But how can I then automatically perform a search on only the compatible Part B's once they have selected their desired Part A and and it's in their cart?

TIA

Tim

Hi,

just a guess, i see that the seo url does not have a canonical option, could this lead to bad seo? I have for example :

seocategories?p1

seocategories?p2

seocategories?p3

But the canonical could be only :

seocategories?p1 for example

Being a 301 redirect how to work it out (since the module does not really "create" pages.

Also has there been any update for old customer that want to buy an upgrade/support system or we must still re-buy the addon from scratch?

Thanks for The attention.

Hello. Sorry for my english for a start =)

I have next versions:

• prestashop - 1.6.0.9
  • advancedsearch4 - 4.10.17

My problem: when user used any filters in categories, URL looks very terrible, same as

svetodiodnye-lenty#s[4][]:57&s[9][]:&s[8][]:&s[3][]:39&ash[3][]:39&rg:&sid:9&h:leftColumn&ics:102&abs:YToxOntpOjA7aTozOTt9

What i need to do that fix it?

E-mail: away4people@gmail.com

Many people were complaining about this ugly URLs.

It looks developer is not going to fix it.

You need to buy another, better module.

I would need help about this problem. Once I have chosen a criteria, if I refresh the page again a left column appears with all the categories. I have attached an example of it.

Please help, and thank you.

post-1346542-0-78128800-1482324484_thumb.png

Hello,

I have your module and a question also...How can I make to have better url when searching?

Now I have something like:

www.example.com/#s[109][]:&s[112][]:3861&s[4][]:&s[33][]:3571&ash[33][]:3571&rg:&sid:2&h:leftColumn&k:1&ics:145&abs:YToxOntpOjA7aTozNTcxO30:

Thanks

Edited by Cadmiel (see edit history)

Hi,

when attaching this module into manufacturers product list page, is possible to filter by categoríes?

Thanks in advance

Hi PrestaModule,

I am using 4.10.11 on PS 1.5. We are analyzing site performance right now and it looks that 

displayHeader by pm_advancedsearch4 takes about 100 ms of page generation time (and this is after all PS caching mechanisms are on).

Have you implemented any performance optimizations since 4.10.11?

Is there anything we can do to speed up the module?

Edited by gloomybear (see edit history)
  • Like 1

HI

I have to do a search for MOTORCYCLES PARTS I have this problem ... The battery code: ABC It can be installed on these two different motorcycles Brand: HONDA CC: 100 Model: SH Brand: YAMAHA CC: 100 Model: XR I want to do a search on STEP: 1 - Make (in prestashop features) 2 - CC (in prestashop features) 3 - Model (features in prestashop) my problem is this: Select Brand HONDA Select 100 cc but in the selection of the models I see XR (is wrong) and SH (is right) in model, only see SH

how can I do with Advance Search?

where am I wrong?

is not correct insert BRAND, CC and MODEL in the characteristics?

Help Help Help

please

Thank you

We've just launched a website using this module and wondering if there's any kind of guide on the best practice for SEO?

In the Google Sitemap creation tool supplied with Presta there are numerous exclusion options. I don't want the site tying itself in knots generating pages and pages of links, so which are good to include or exclude?

Thanks.

Hello,

I'd like to report a bug concerning "in stock" criteria when combinations feature is disabled.

Here's how to recreate the bug:

I installed a clean version of Prestashop 1.6.1.11.

I disabled Block Layered module and installed PM Advanced Search 4 - v.4.11.3 and created a search engine with criteria "in stock" and others.

I tested the module with the demo products: everything worked fine.

After that, I removed the attributes in the back-end and (using Catalogue -> Attributes tab) and disabled "Combinations" feature in Preferences.

After removing attributes, the "in stock" criteria of the module stopped working properly.

it finds no product in stock once a filter is selected, when obviously there are (main column  shows products "in stock").

Another bug with "in stock" criteria is that each time I edit and save an item in the back end, the "in stock" criteria is creating an additional value in the database, which shows an extra checkbox.

Has anyone experienced that issue before?

Thanks

post-949465-0-39553100-1489763603_thumb.png

post-949465-0-67647100-1489763622_thumb.png

Having problems with this module not updating the left search when using Page Cache module. Any solutions to this? 

Hi, 

Is there a way to load the categories menu opened in a category when a seo page is loaded?

Thanks.

Hey!

The advanced search module 4 doesn't work when Prestashop is in debug mode. The page gets stuck in loading when a categorie is selected.

The site is: https://www.testfin.nl/bmbtest/ 

I've re-indexed the shop when debug mode is on and caching is on. 

Maybe you could point me in the right direction to get it working.

Cheers Mickey!

Hello everyone, your module in my site appears on the category page below the products, we'd like it to appear above, being useful to filter, how do we do it?

thanks so much

hi, how can i enable left sidebar on result page?

I added a new page after clicking "Add a new results page"

Edited by wsky (see edit history)

Yes, but I created a custom results page by clicking the "Add a new results page" button and here left sidebar not display.

Edited by wsky (see edit history)

Hi, is it possible the modulo to filter by prices with discounts? Actually it filters by the price before discount

Thanks

Unfortunately, this is a "normal" behaviour.
PrestaShop uses a special method to define which price must be used for the current user (according to its country, customer group, etc..), method that we can't access in Advanced Search.
This means that we can't retrieve the specific price for the current customer. 

We apologize for the inconvenience, but there is nothing we can do now to fix this.
We hope to find a solution for that in the future versions of the module.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this is a "normal" behaviour.

PrestaShop uses a special method to define which price must be used for the current user (according to its country, customer group, etc..), method that we can't access in Advanced Search.

This means that we can't retrieve the specific price for the current customer. 

We apologize for the inconvenience, but there is nothing we can do now to fix this.

We hope to find a solution for that in the future versions of the module.

Ok, that's what I thought. In my case (and other many shops) they always use the discounts for every user/combination..etc so probably this situation may be taken into account into future releases.

Thanks

Hi, PrestaModule Staff. I'm migrating my site to a new server, but I'm facing a small issue with AS4.

If a go to a category and click on any filter, everything works perfectly. i.e, filtering by the manufacturer "X", the url is:

http://mysite/2-category-name/s-1/manufacturer-x

But, if I press F5, the left column dissapears. It's like if a smarty template was failing to load, but can't figure out which one and why.

If you have any clue, please let me know.

Hello,

Any solution for canonical redirection for seo pages?
The google is warning me with many same meta informations:

as4-canonical.png

My second problem is the google find this pages somehow..

as4-link.png

If I start manual search on my site the the link structure and pages looks good.

but If i check these links from google webmastertools then I got something like this: /module/pm_advancedsearch4/advancedsearch4?as4c[8][]=&as4c[7][]=296&as4c[4][]=&reset_group=&id_search=1

...and the page is broken, menu's broken, without meta information, etc.

as4-js.png

What happend here? ...and how can fix it?

ps 1.6.1.6

my last supported Module Version: 4.11.10

Best Regard,

Tamas

Edited by acidrush (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi there,

As a reminder :

- If you need assistance or advices for a purchased module, please contact our support team from your seller website (presta-module.com or addons.prestashop.com). We will answer very quickly (2 hours average).

- If your module is no more covered by our warranty, you can ask your questions here. Some of our developers are taking on their free time to answer when they can. We consider forums as an efficient tool, as it connects customers that can help each other. Moreover, we can't ask any private information here, like your shop crendentials.

If you are in a hurry, contact our team by creating a ticket on the correct seller website, as it is the only supported channel for technical support.

Best regards,

Stephan

Hi there,

As a reminder :

- If you need assistance or advices for a purchased module, please contact our support team from your seller website (presta-module.com or addons.prestashop.com). We will answer very quickly (2 hours average).

- If your module is no more covered by our warranty, you can ask your questions here. Some of our developers are taking on their free time to answer when they can. We consider forums as an efficient tool, as it connects customers that can help each other. Moreover, we can't ask any private information here, like your shop crendentials.

If you are in a hurry, contact our team by creating a ticket on the correct seller website, as it is the only supported channel for technical support.

Best regards,

Stephan

Dear Stephan,

My peroid is expired so no more covered by your warranty. Thats why asked here. (my last supported Module Version: 4.11.10)

I know that the canonical is a unique developing, but I dont undestand why dont have canonical feature of the module seo pages in 2017.

Anyway the second problem is a module own bug I think, and i dont know why need to pay that high price again just for fixing that?

I am sorry for it only that this I did not notice the mistake while I had a support.

Best regards,

Tamas

Who the thread can answer a couple of questions:

1. How to change the preloader?

2. In the settings like there is a choice of the id of the filtered field CSS selector of the center column, except that it does not work anyway by default filters id = "content-wrapper"

3. After the search, if you refresh the page, the filter disappears altogether!

Hello I have updated my store, before I worked with your module in prestashop 1.5 and now I am working on prestashop 1.6 and I have changed your version of the module and there is something I can not find.

In the old version when I selected "Search on submit" I would appear Dynamic Criteria and selecting a filter did not make the selection. But now when I select "Search on submit" I do not see any option. and when I click on a feature it starts to work. And I just want it to work when I give it to "search"

Hello.

Version 4.12. Prestashop 1.6.1.17.

'Instant search' is on.

'Custom' position is chosen (code added to category.tpl file), in the right column. There are 2 columns in the theme (Panda)

Strange / unxpected behaviour

1. Visitor is choosing 1 or 2 parameters, there are 4 or 5 that are not chosen left.

However, the search is complete, results are showing and there is no possibility to choose the remaining parameters: they are disappearing in the result page.

2. If, after search, visitor deletes the chosen parameter(s) clicking on the [X] link, there is no possibility to start choosing again: parameters disappearing in this case too.

3. Set some parameter style to 'slider', e.g. values are from 2 to 4. Move slider from the right side to left to get '2 to 2'. It gives empty search result. However, 'from 2 to 2' expected to get '2 only' results That's a bug, as I see.

Are there some settings to correct the above behaviour?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by slminsk (see edit history)

Hello,

Could someone tell, why this query (attach) has so long calculated time and so much rows and how can I solve this issue?

Thank you.

1.png

Bonjour,

j'utilise votre module.

Après avoir fait une recherche avec le module, le résultat est affiché juste en dessous du module.

Est-il possible d'être redirigé vers une autre page que la page d'accueil après la recherche?

Merci

Edited by P.Alain (see edit history)

On 4.12.2017 at 4:03 PM, slminsk said:

Hello.

Version 4.12. Prestashop 1.6.1.17.

'Instant search' is on.

'Custom' position is chosen (code added to category.tpl file), in the right column. There are 2 columns in the theme (Panda)

Strange / unxpected behaviour

1. Visitor is choosing 1 or 2 parameters, there are 4 or 5 that are not chosen left.

However, the search is complete, results are showing and there is no possibility to choose the remaining parameters: they are disappearing in the result page.

2. If, after search, visitor deletes the chosen parameter(s) clicking on the [X] link, there is no possibility to start choosing again: parameters disappearing in this case too.

Same error in our store. Latest version with PS 1.6.1.17. Any idea how to fix this?

Hi, I have a question about the page load speed. There are many products in our eshop. We very often import new products and after importing, I have to do reindex (Reindex all search engines (CRON alternative)). New products are then displayed, but now must create a cache for fast retrieval. The first page load takes up to 10 seconds. Is it possible to create this cache in bulk, so the visitor does not have to wait? With Curl, some tool, module, etc.

thank you for the advice
David

hi, i purchased it yesterday , and after installing found nothing added front end of my site. no column or box.... any way use of modual, u can check my site : auto part online store , please help me, what i have to do to use it

Edited by shex (see edit history)

can anyone explain how to create a filter for search results?

I added to the visibility the special page => search but the filter is not showing, is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

i have a problem since i updated to version 4.12.4 from 4.10.19

in this version the module generates NEW Urls!

and the layout is broken.

the new urls to show search results doesn't load category or product-list template.

in the old version it loaded the category template and displayed product-list which was filterd by the url parameters.

now it just shows a broken layout with products.

can anyone give me some hints where to look for the problem?

i don't know how to change or configure PS to load the right templates...

thanks a lot

regards

jakob

Hello.

I have some probelms with the module, it`s not working as it have to.

I attach an screenshot were is writed were two problems are. You will see that the products are not shown on the place that they sholud be.

Also there is other style error that I also mark on the screenshot.

¿Someone know how to solve this?

Also, as you will see, when I use the filter appears the short description on every product, I want to show the products without this description, does anyone know how I have to do for it?

Other think that I want to do is show the filter as checks,  not as dropdown menu and I cannot see where to configure the module for it.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

5b3cadcda8d1e.png

Edited by AlexandreM (see edit history)

Hello.

About "Other think that I want to do is show the filter as checks,  not as dropdown menu and I cannot see where to configure the module for it." I found where to do it. You can find it "Active criteria groups" configuration.

Regards.

Hello,

The module works great!!  But.... there is a problem with PRICE AND REDUCED_PRICE FILTER

I think that is a bug that when filter by PRICE only accepts ORIGINAL_PRICE, NOT REDUCED_PRICE

Example: 

If i got 70€ and i want buy something in a web... i filter products between 0 up to 70€ (i want products with sale or not).

PRODUCT A --> ORIGINAL PRICE 60€ 

PRODUCT B --> ORIGINAL PRICE 120€ --> REDUCED PRICE 50€

The problem is that this module only shows products that the original price <= 70€ . (only shows PRODUCT A as results, not PRODUCT B )

I have been waiting for a solution for more than 1 year but never fix this...

Hello,

i've installed 2 versions of the module but none of them seem to work properly.

I'm trying to use the "Visibility" button in order to restrict the categories the filters set will be displayed in, but i cannot open the categories tree. Please see attached image.

Any thoughts on how can i solve the issue?

Visibility1.jpg

hi.

we have a problem with search4 when we select one color in one category, search4 not show the photos with this color, show different colors between the select color.

how can i resolved this?

In the screenshot show one filter that the selection is red and appears yellow and black ..

• Versión del módulo: 4.12.5

different color search4.jpg