[PrestaModule] JS

[MODULE] [PM] Advanced Search 4 - Winner at the Best Module Awards 2012

Hi Grigorevlad,

I don't know whether I understand you right.

You can change the search behaviour to start only on submit easily in the configuration page of the search (as far as I understood):

Go to Module => Advanced Search

On the Tab of the search that you want to change click the "edit" button on the first row (beneath delete / status / reindex).

Scroll down to "Behaviour" - click here to edit.

Set Search by steps to "no"

Don't know whether this is what you need?

Hi, 

I agree that I wasn't specific enough, the search by steps option is already turned off. 

Right now if we select a criterion value (features in our case) the module performs a query to the database in order to shrink the search area and to show the clients only available features. 

Ideally for us would be to quickly select all the filters and the query to the database to be made only when search button is pressed. (screenshot attached - we modified the .gif that shows when searching) 

I hope that our inquiry is understood, please let us know if i can provide further information. 

Thank you,

Vlad Grigore

post-597668-0-76038900-1418209115_thumb.jpg

Sorry, Vlad, you are right. Search on submit does not effect the selection of the properties...

So maybe the developer has an answer.

• Like 1

Hi,

You can't "reduce" loading time because we must recalculate available criterions depending on your selection.

Only because we don't want people to be in front of a empty page telling that "there is not results for your search selection"...

But it looks like that this behaviour isn't the best for your case.

If I understand well, you want to show every criterions, even if the combination of them result to 0 products found?

Regards,

Hi,

looking here for a new filter as my current one is not so much user friendly. Your price is high enough, but also are reviews... Looking at your demo they are some questions i need to ask before choosing AS4.

1. i am not much of a SEO expert but i see that when criteria is selected AS4 adds parameters to the URL. my concern is  when/if google claws those URL, wont they be considered duplicate content

2. in the mass generation of seo pages i see that friendly urls are only generated in Latin. i tried to edit a link url but it does not accept Cyrillic. this could be a problem to me as all my products are in Cyrillic and who knows what links will be generated..

3. another SEO stupid question. i see sitemap generated in the module dir. do i have to submit it to webmastertools?

thanks alot for your time answering 

Hi,

looking here for a new filter as my current one is not so much user friendly. Your price is high enough, but also are reviews... Looking at your demo they are some questions i need to ask before choosing AS4.

1. i am not much of a SEO expert but i see that when criteria is selected AS4 adds parameters to the URL. my concern is  when/if google claws those URL, wont they be considered duplicate content

2. in the mass generation of seo pages i see that friendly urls are only generated in Latin. i tried to edit a link url but it does not accept Cyrillic. this could be a problem to me as all my products are in Cyrillic and who knows what links will be generated..

3. another SEO stupid question. i see sitemap generated in the module dir. do i have to submit it to webmastertools?

thanks alot for your time answering 

Hi Laziali,

Here are your answers.

1. Google will not crawl these URL because it doesn't how manage HTML Forms and AJAX. So you could not be penalized for duplicate contents. SEO Page Generator was made for let Google & co crawling search results. The main difference is these pages are really unique because they can have a specific title, description, metas and URL.

2. The next major update of Advanced Search (v4.11) will add the ability to use UTF-8 into URL for the SEO Page Generator. This version will be published in the following weeks.

3. This is correct.

Best regards

Stephan

Hi there,

i use the module since more than 1,5 years and i´m almost sattisfied but.....

There is a big problem in some browsers. For Example FF 35 or IE8 or or or...

Filter is loosing the settings if going back from products.

Some links copyed out of the filter url if filters set and made to a link don`t keep information and lead to mainpage if klicked.

I wrote that problems to your customer support 3 times over that year without any answer so i`m now a bit disapointed about

if it make sense to write a 4th time and decided to write in this forum in order to get some help of you!

Thanx in Advance and enjoy your weekend!

Greetz

SM5K

• Like 1

Hi there,

i use the module since more than 1,5 years and i´m almost sattisfied but.....

There is a big problem in some browsers. For Example FF 35 or IE8 or or or...

Filter is loosing the settings if going back from products.

Some links copyed out of the filter url if filters set and made to a link don`t keep information and lead to mainpage if klicked.

I wrote that problems to your customer support 3 times over that year without any answer so i`m now a bit disapointed about

if it make sense to write a 4th time and decided to write in this forum in order to get some help of you!

Thanx in Advance and enjoy your weekend!

Greetz

SM5K

Hi,

We do always answer to any customer message, through our website or directly from PrestaShop Addons tickets.

If you contacted us via any of those channel, please send me ticket number so i can retrieve it.

Anyway, about your issue, an update was already released one month ago and this fix this issue.

This update is available from your account, latest version is v4.10.11

Regards,

• Like 1

Hello,

Currently all search blocks have all the same classes so it is not possible to format differently the last search block.

I have modified pm_advancedsearch_header_block.tpl to enable that by adding class "last" to the encompassing DIV tag.

This way it is possible in example to present all search blocks together (without spacing) and add special spacing after the last block.

Please find my modification below. It would help a lot of people if you include this modification to official release.

<div id="PM_ASBlockOutput_{$as_search.id_search|intval}" class="PM_ASBlockOutput PM_ASBlockOutputVertical{if version_compare($smarty.const._PS_VERSION_, '1.6.0.0', '>=')} block{/if} {if $as_search.id_search|intval == $as_searchs|@count}last{/if}">

and

<div id="PM_ASBlockOutput_{$as_search.id_search|intval}" class="PM_ASBlockOutput PM_ASBlockOutputHorizontal {if $as_search.id_search|intval == $as_searchs|@count}last{/if}">

Result is:

<div id="PM_ASBlockOutput_2" class="PM_ASBlockOutput PM_ASBlockOutputVertical last">

And this additional last class is very useful to have :)

• Like 1

Hi,

We do always answer to any customer message, through our website or directly from PrestaShop Addons tickets.

If you contacted us via any of those channel, please send me ticket number so i can retrieve it.

Anyway, about your issue, an update was already released one month ago and this fix this issue.

This update is available from your account, latest version is v4.10.11

Regards,

Hey Vincent,

first of all i have to excuse :) The Presta ticketing system didn´t tell me that you allready answered that in support.

Your reply came 2 days after request (weekend between) :D Great Job and Thank you!  Please feel like i didn`t say anything.( Gave you 3 Stars / 3 Stars )

I was able to fix the FF URL Encoding probleme with your hardcode mention. But unfortunatly there is no update availibele in my backend

of Prestashop :( Do i do anything wrong or do i have to pay additional for that?

Greetz, thank you and sorry again!

SM5K

Hello.

I'm your customer.

I've noticed site slowdowns when using Advanced Search 4, especially on mobile version, generally when loading and rendering.

I tried to figure out, if there any options to make it load and reply faster and noticed that your module loads its own obsolete version of Jquery and other code resulting about 300 kB of minified code.

It is there regarding Prestashop has Jquery lib, that is used commonly in all other modules.

And JqueryUI is also loaded, about 200kB minified. I doubt that all its features are used in frontend, maybe you could make it load its modules separately depending on features enabled in backoffice.

The fact of loading so much code is not compatible with your ads about "providing short loading times, even on large catalogs."

When are you going to remove that code to lighten and optimize code?

• Like 1

Hi Im using AS4 and I have a question. How do I add a filter to a seo page that has been generated by AS4. Lets say I have generated a seo page that show coca cola's in metal containers. How do I add as4 filters so my customer can filter those products? Thank You :)

Hi Im using AS4 and I have a question. How do I add a filter to a seo page that has been generated by AS4. Lets say I have generated a seo page that show coca cola's in metal containers. How do I add as4 filters so my customer can filter those products? Thank You :)

No need for help  - it appeared by it self after ½ hour ;)

Hello.

I'm your customer.

I've noticed site slowdowns when using Advanced Search 4, especially on mobile version, generally when loading and rendering.

I tried to figure out, if there any options to make it load and reply faster and noticed that your module loads its own obsolete version of Jquery and other code resulting about 300 kB of minified code.

It is there regarding Prestashop has Jquery lib, that is used commonly in all other modules.

And JqueryUI is also loaded, about 200kB minified. I doubt that all its features are used in frontend, maybe you could make it load its modules separately depending on features enabled in backoffice.

The fact of loading so much code is not compatible with your ads about "providing short loading times, even on large catalogs."

When are you going to remove that code to lighten and optimize code?

Hi,

As i've said on PrestaShop Addons ticket, a new version is planned, it will fix this kind of issues and will only be compatible with PrestaShop 1.5+

Regards,

Vincent

• Like 1

Hi

I have in my error log this error

http://dpaste.com/19Z6RRD

I am developer and if there is a quick fix, please let me know

I havent updated to latest version of AS4.

reason: im afraid it might effect my page

Will I loose my data/filters/seo pages if I update?

And I got a question regarding the seo pages

I generated this example olivers hundefoder

If customer want to :

un-select the preselected brand, how to make that possible?

un-select the preselected checkbox Tørfoder, how to make that possible?
OR maybe you have a suggestion what else I can do?

Edited by michaelhjulskov (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi

I have in my error log this error

http://dpaste.com/19Z6RRD

I am developer and if there is a quick fix, please let me know

I havent updated to latest version of AS4.

reason: im afraid it might effect my page

Will I loose my data/filters/seo pages if I update?

And I got a question regarding the seo pages

I generated this example olivers hundefoder

If customer want to :

un-select the preselected brand, how to make that possible?

un-select the preselected checkbox Tørfoder, how to make that possible?

OR maybe you have a suggestion what else I can do?

Hi,

You'll not loose your settings or search engines after the update.

About SEO pages, you can't "unselect" pre-selected criterions from your SEO pages settings.

Regards,

Hi,

You'll not loose your settings or search engines after the update.

About SEO pages, you can't "unselect" pre-selected criterions from your SEO pages settings.

Regards,

Thank You

regarding " you can't "unselect" pre-selected criterions from your SEO pages settings

Can I then hide these criterions? or do you have any other suggetions how I can help my customer back to the main filter page this seo page was generated from? I normally have a good imagination, but this I dont see how I can do?

Hi again

Allow me to say im still impressed about this module, its really awesome module, thanks.

BUT i must say i lack one tiny solution. Like I wrote above, i have seo pages with fixed criterios set and I really need to find some way to either hide those criteios that cant be changed, or make them possible to unselect. to show an example i have this page (Olivers Petfood foder) which is showing the "cat petfood" and "dog petfood" related to manufacturer "Olivers Petfood" - i use this seo page as landing page for one of my adwords campaigns about "olivers petfood". BUT if customer want to see only "cat food", that is not possible to unselect "dog food". So PLEASE if you can either fix this somehow with the next update, OR tell me a smart way to go around this.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

we have two problems with this module:

1. We are using nginx so the .htaccess rules for Apache does not work. Do you have a set of rewrite rules also for nginx?
  2. When using the advanced filter (https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6ciakgvapzdn6h/Screenshot%202015-04-13%2010.43.14.png?dl=0) we receive server error with this content:
Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Plugin tag "plugin" already registered <-- thrown in /var/www/XXX/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 449

The website is currently still under development and it's locked so I can't post a link.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Very pleased with the (performance of) module.

I noticed that the "page type" used to send SEO defined pages is CMS. However I rather have the page type Category, since the result page displays a bunch of products.

On my CMS pages I want to have a right collumn with additional information that i want to drop on category (or prodcut overview pages).

Is there a way to accomplish that?

Rg,

Leo van Elburg.

• Like 1

Hi,

we have two problems with this module:

1. We are using nginx so the .htaccess rules for Apache does not work. Do you have a set of rewrite rules also for nginx?

I have exactly the same request, but i use lighttpt.

Please please please support nginx and lighttpd :)

Here is part of my lighttpd config file (as you can see npt all AS4 lines is finished)

url.rewrite-if-not-file = (
    #START AS4 RULES
    #RewriteRule ^as4_seositemap.xml$ modules/pm_advancedsearch4/seositemap.xml [L]
    "^/as4_seositemap\.xml$" => "/modules/pm_advancedsearch4/seositemap.xml",
    #RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !^controller=products-comparison [NC]
    #RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2})?/?s/([0-9]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9/_-]*) index.php?fc=module&module=pm_advancedsearch4&controller=advancedsearch4&isolang=$1&id_seo=$2&seo_url=$3 [QSA,L]
    "^/([a-z]{2})?/?s/([0-9]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9/_-]*)" => "/index.php?fc=module&module=pm_advancedsearch4&controller=advancedsearch4&isolang=$1&id_seo=$2&seo_url=$3",
    #RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^isolang=([a-z]{2})&id_seo=([0-9]+)&seo_url=([a-zA-Z0-9/_-]*).*p=([0-9]+)$
    #RewriteRule ^advancedsearch4.php /%1/s/%2/%3?p=%4 [R=301,L]
    #"^/advancedsearch4.php" => "/%1/s/%2/%3?p=%4",
    #RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^isolang=([a-z]{2})&id_seo=([0-9]+)&seo_url=([a-zA-Z0-9/_-]*)
    #RewriteRule ^advancedsearch4.php /%1/s/%2/%3? [R=301,L]
    #"^/advancedsearch4.php" => "/%1/s/%2/%3?",
    #RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^id_seo=([0-9]+)&seo_url=([a-zA-Z0-9/_-]*).*p=([0-9]+)$
    #RewriteRule ^advancedsearch4.php /s/%1/%2?p=%3 [R=301,L]
    #"^/advancedsearch4.php" => "/s/%1/%2?p=%3",
    #RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^id_seo=([0-9]+)&seo_url=([a-zA-Z0-9/_-]*)
    #RewriteRule ^advancedsearch4.php /s/%1/%2? [R=301,L]
    #"^/advancedsearch4.php" => "/s/%1/%2?",
    #END AS4 RULES

# AlphaImageLoader for IE and fancybox
    #RewriteRule ^images_ie/?([^/]+)\.(jpe?g|png|gif)$ js/jquery/plugins/fancybox/images/$1.$2 [L]
    "^/images_ie/?([^/]+)\.(jpe?g|png|gif)$" => "/js/jquery/plugins/fancybox/images/$1.$2",

"^/api/?(.*)$" => "/webservice/dispatcher.php?url=$1",
    "^/([a-z0-9]+)\-([a-z0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/([_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.jpg$" => "/img/p/$1-$2$3.jpg",
    "^/([0-9]+)\-([0-9]+)/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$" => "/img/p/$1-$2.jpg",
    "^/([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$" => "/img/p/$1/$1$2.jpg",
    "^/([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$" => "/img/p/$1/$2/$1$2$3.jpg",
    "^/([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$" => "/img/p/$1/$2/$3/$1$2$3$4.jpg",
    "^/([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$" => "/img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$1$2$3$4$5.jpg",
    "^/([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$" => "/img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$1$2$3$4$5$6.jpg",
    "^/([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$" => "/img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7.jpg",
    "^/([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$" => "/img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8.jpg",
    "^/([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$" => "/img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$8/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9.jpg",
    "^/c/([0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$" => "/img/c/$1$2.jpg",
    "^/([0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/([_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.jpg$" => "/img/c/$1$2.jpg",
    "^/(.*)$" => "/index.php/$1"
  )

OndrejSatera: Maybe You and I should talk - if nginx and lighttpd is the same, i dont know? - Please contact me so we can help each other with this

OndrejSatera: Maybe You and I should talk - if nginx and lighttpd is the same, i dont know? - Please contact me so we can help each other with this

Unfortunately I'm pretty newbie to the nginx configuration, so my assistation wouldn't be very helpful..

• Like 1

For users of Transformer Theme 

I had to make this little override/adjustment to make it look the same on result page, as on category page etc.

in /themes/transformer/modules/pm_advancedsearch4/views/templates/hook/pm_advancedsearch_results.tpl

line 80

{* Michael Hjulskov removed
					<div class="sortPagiBar clearfix">
						{include file="$tpl_dir./product-sort.tpl"}
						{include file="$tpl_dir./nbr-product-page.tpl"}
					</div> *}
					<div class="top-pagination-content clearfix">
							{include file="$tpl_dir./product-compare.tpl"}
							{include file="$tpl_dir./pagination.tpl"}
					</div>
					{* Michael Hjulskov added *}
					<div class="sortPagiBar clearfix">
					</div>
					{* END Michael Hjulskov *}
				</div>
			{else}
				{assign var='tplCompareExists' value="$tpl_dir./product-compare.tpl"|file_exists}
				{if $tplCompareExists}
					{include file="$tpl_dir./product-compare.tpl"}
				{/if}
			{/if}
			{include file="$tpl_dir./product-list.tpl" products=$as_searchs.0.products}

{if version_compare($smarty.const._PS_VERSION_, '1.6.0.0', '>=')}
				<div class="content_sortPagiBar">
					{* Michael Hjulskov added *}
					<div class="sortPagiBar sortPagiBarBottom clearfix">
					</div>
					{* END Michael Hjulskov *}

• Like 1

Hi

Great module, we are using it in one shop, and we are planning launching it in another new shop.

But the point is

We need using one filter on manufacturer pages. That's ok, the module does that

for example http://www.activasport.fr/37_thuasne-sport .I suppose we can add a category filter in this manufacturer searcher,right?

But we are worried about the friendly urls, is it possible use something like the native block layered module?

that is echano.es/es/15-bicicletas2015#/size-s/price-1235-99756

instead

t.fr/37_thuasne-sport#s[8][]:&s[4][]:217&s[1][]:63&ash[1][]:63&rg:&sid:25&h:leftColumn&ims:37&abs:YToxOntpOjA7aTo2Mzt9

We are migrating an old shop (non prestashop with manufacturer pages with the possibility of filtering with categories ) and it would be great for redirecting old pages like

oldpage.com/manufacturer/some_category/some_subcategory.html to   newprestashop/manufactuerer#category-some_subcategory

Edited by Enrique Gómez (see edit history)

Hi

Great module, we are using it in one shop, and we are planning launching it in another new shop.

But the point is

We need using one filter on manufacturer pages. That's ok, the module does that

for example http://www.activasport.fr/37_thuasne-sport .I suppose we can add a category filter in this manufacturer searcher,right?

But we are worried about the friendly urls, is it possible use something like the native block layered module?

that is echano.es/es/15-bicicletas2015#/size-s/price-1235-99756

instead

t.fr/37_thuasne-sport#s[8][]:&s[4][]:217&s[1][]:63&ash[1][]:63&rg:&sid:25&h:leftColumn&ims:37&abs:YToxOntpOjA7aTo2Mzt9

We are migrating an old shop (non prestashop with manufacturer pages with the possibility of filtering with categories ) and it would be great for redirecting old pages like

oldpage.com/manufacturer/some_category/some_subcategory.html to   newprestashop/manufactuerer#category-some_subcategory

Hi,

This feature is already into the roadmap for the next major release, and much more ;-)

Regards,

• Like 2

Hi,

This feature is already into the roadmap for the next major release, and much more ;-)

Regards,

Ok, great, some Date is on the roadmap?

And, please confirm this doubt as well, thanks:

I suppose we can add a category filter in this manufacturer searcher,right?

• Like 1

Приветствую, возникла небольшая проблема, можно ли использовать ваш модуль, как фильтр к товарам? По сути, ваш модуль работает именно как фильтр. Хотелось бы узнать о возможности отображения категорий с подкатегориями, как на сайте flor2u.ru, сбоку справа.

Welcome, a small problem, whether you can use your unit as a filter to the goods? In fact, your module works exactly as a filter. I would like to know about the possibility of displaying categories with subcategories, as the site flor2u.ru, the right side.

Приветствую, возникла небольшая проблема, можно ли использовать ваш модуль, как фильтр к товарам? По сути, ваш модуль работает именно как фильтр. Хотелось бы узнать о возможности отображения категорий с подкатегориями, как на сайте flor2u.ru, сбоку справа.

а где вы там увидели категории справа?

там же как раз фильтр типа Advanced Search только стиль другой...

In your module may configure more filters as sliders. There is a limit to the number of sliders to work faster?

во-первых, там система bitrix, не только стили другие. Во-вторых, категории выделены розовым цветом, внутри - подкатегории

Вы считаете категориями вот это: Кому, Сказать, Форма... ?

на мой взгляд, категории в горизонтальном меню, а это лишь названия вида фильтра))) как в АС4 по цене, по весу и т.д.

please answer

how to make, that Advanced Search searched by categories (that categories displayed as tree or block categories)

for example http://prntscr.com/76kvl9

choose category and using checkboxes choose subcategory for filtering

Edited by ggyyvv (see edit history)

Does this module work with the "Horizontal and vertical mega menu (navigation dropdown) Module"?

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features-prestashop-modules/19126-horizontal-and-vertical-mega-menu-navigation-dropdown.html

We want to be able to sort by supplier on the left side menu, then have the list of categories appear as a hover over menu.

Unless this can be done within the menu? 

Also finding it slightly harder to work wihin the demo site due to the language defaulting to French.   

Does this module work with the "Horizontal and vertical mega menu (navigation dropdown) Module"?

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features-prestashop-modules/19126-horizontal-and-vertical-mega-menu-navigation-dropdown.html

We want to be able to sort by supplier on the left side menu, then have the list of categories appear as a hover over menu.

Unless this can be done within the menu? 

Also finding it slightly harder to work wihin the demo site due to the language defaulting to French.   

I need a choice of several sub-categories...

This module does not give such an opportunity

Also Is it also possible to chose to display a selection of product features and attachments in the products showing on the search results? Could these be sorted by the data within the Product Features?

Also Is it also possible to chose to display a selection of product features and attachments in the products showing on the search results? Could these be sorted by the data within the Product Features?

No, sorry, we do not add any content to the product page.

please answer

how to make, that Advanced Search searched by categories (that categories displayed as tree or block categories)

for example http://prntscr.com/76kvl9

choose category and using checkboxes choose subcategory for filtering

This feature does not exists (category as tree).

You can list them using link, checkbox, radio or select item.

This feature does not exists (category as tree).

You can list them using link, checkbox, radio or select item.

I have included filters for Categories level 1 and Categories level 2 (checkbox)

Please help me, how to set up the following:

To select a category in Categories level 1 (checkbox) and as a result in Categories level 2 displayed only subcategories of selected category? Including categories without products (empty criterias).
I think went through all the options...

Thank you very much for answer.

Sorry for perseverance!!! Really need to solve this problem. Only Advanced Search gives a possibility to filtering using more sliders, but for me still needed within a category filtering for subcategories

Theoretically, when the set parameter "Show available criteria only for displayed products" and select a category, the module determines the displayed goods as products of a particular category. That is, he knows what this category and can filter out (to display) and empty criteria for this category?

Maybe you can tell which files need to be changed to achieve this. I will be glad to any advice.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

Incidentally, in the module blocklayered after selecting a category filter displays all subcategories (for selected category) including empty

Moreover, if you select a category in block categories automatically activated filter for Categories level 1 and Categories level 1

Edited by ggyyvv (see edit history)

in pm_advancedsearch.tpl introduced a variable for display block categories.

If work with only the block of categories, it is displayed.
If work with the filter is my variable disappears (and block categories respectively)

possible filter has its own cache, and it is necessary to keep the variable?

it's code change a module pm_advancedsearch.tpl
{if isset($hideAS4Form) && $hideAS4Form == true}<div id="PM_ASFormContainerHidden" style="display: none">{/if}
{foreach from=$as_searchs item=as_search name=as_searchs}
	{assign var='next_id_criterion_group_isset' value='0'}
	{include file=$as_obj->_getTplPath("pm_advancedsearch_header_block.tpl")}
	{if $as_search.remind_selection == 3 OR $as_search.remind_selection == 2}
		{include file=$as_obj->_getTplPath("pm_advancedsearch_selection_block.tpl")}
	{/if}
	<a {if !isset($smarty.get.id_seo) && isset($as_selected_criterion) && is_array($as_selected_criterion) && !sizeof($as_selected_criterion)}style="display: none" {/if}href="javascript:void(0)" class="PM_ASResetSearch">{l s='Back' mod='pm_advancedsearch4'}</a>
	<div class="clear"></div>

<form action="{$ASSearchUrlForm}" method="GET" id="PM_ASForm_{$as_search.id_search|intval}" class="PM_ASForm">
	{foreach from=$as_search.criterions_groups item=criterions_group name=criterions_groups}
		{if !(isset($as_criteria_group_type_interal_name[$criterions_group.display_type]) && $as_criteria_group_type_interal_name[$criterions_group.display_type] == 'slider' && isset($as_search.criterions[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group]) && isset($as_search.criterions[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group][0]) && ((isset($as_search.criterions[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group][0].cur_min) && isset($as_search.criterions[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group][0].cur_max) && $as_search.criterions[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group][0].cur_min == 0 && $as_search.criterions[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group][0].cur_max == 0) || (isset($as_search.criterions[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group][0].min) && isset($as_search.criterions[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group][0].max) && $as_search.criterions[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group][0].min == 0 && $as_search.criterions[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group][0].max == 0))) && ($criterions_group.visible && $as_search.hide_empty_crit_group && isset($as_search.criterions[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group]) && sizeof($as_search.criterions[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group])) || ($criterions_group.visible && !$as_search.hide_empty_crit_group) || ($criterions_group.visible && $as_search.step_search)}
			{if $criterions_group.hidden eq '1' && !isset($hidden_criteria_group_open)}
				{assign var='hidden_criteria_group_open' value='1'}
				<p class="PM_ASShowCriterionsGroupHidden"><a href="javascript:void(0)">{l s='Advanced search' mod='pm_advancedsearch4'}</a></p>
			{/if}
			<div id="PM_ASCriterionsGroup_{$as_search.id_search|intval}_{$criterions_group.id_criterion_group|intval}" class="{if isset($as_search.seo_criterion_groups) && is_array($as_search.seo_criterion_groups) && in_array($criterions_group.id_criterion_group,$as_search.seo_criterion_groups)}PM_ASCriterionsSEOGroupDisabled {/if}PM_ASCriterionsGroup{if $criterions_group.hidden} PM_ASCriterionsGroupHidden{/if}"{if isset($as_search.advanced_search_open) && $as_search.advanced_search_open} style="display:block;"{/if}>
				{include file=$as_obj->_getTplPath("pm_advancedsearch_criterions.tpl")}
			</div>
			{if $as_search.step_search && $next_id_criterion_group_isset == '0' && !isset($as_search.criterions[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group])}
				{assign var='next_id_criterion_group_isset' value='1'}
			{/if}

{/if}
		{*if !$as_search.step_search*}
			{if isset($as_search.selected_criterion[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group])}
				{foreach from=$as_search.selected_criterion[$criterions_group.id_criterion_group] item=selected_id_criterion name=selected_criteria}
					{if !$criterions_group.visible}
						<input type="hidden" name="as4c[{$criterions_group.id_criterion_group|intval}][]" value="{$selected_id_criterion}" />
						<input type="hidden" name="as4c_hidden[{$criterions_group.id_criterion_group|intval}][]" value="{$selected_id_criterion}" />
					{/if}
				{/foreach}
			{/if}
		{*/if*}

{******my change********}

{if {$criterions_group.criterion_group_type} == 'category'}
				{if $smarty.capture.blockcategories1}{$smarty.capture.blockcategories1}{/if}
			{/if}

{******end of my change****}

{/foreach}

Hello,

I wanted to implement the same navigation as in your demo: http://addons.prestashop.com/demo/FO1615.html

So:

- AS4 filters at the top

- categories below

I see that you use default blockcategories. How did you configured / changed so that only subcategories are shown?

Do you use any modified version?

The difference for me is that I sit on PS 1.5.

Many thanks!

2 questions.

1. How to change number of products in 1 row? Product blocks in search results are small. When I use native PrestaShop filter I see products in search results as they were in product list of category (3 products in 1 row). When I use Advanced Searh - it changes +1 product in row.

2. There are no price in search results (see this link). When I analyze html code, I see price block in div "left-block" of product but not in "right-block". When I move price block to "right-block", prices shows correctly. Prices are ok with native Presta filter module.

How can I change php of Advanced Search module to make price block output in "right-block" div?

I use SuperShop theme.

Hi Gavlex,

PrestaModule nearly does not answer here... I would advise you to contact them via prestashop addons so that you get response.

Hello to all,

I have a big problem with this module. All worked fine 'till this morning.

Then I added a customization, this customization DID NOT involved any modification to this module files.

I added two tinyint(1) field to ps_product and ps_product_shop tables, then added corresponding management to fron office tpl and overrided Product class as well as AdminProductController file in ovverride directory. So nothing that could change Advanced Search directory. But I cannot see advanced search anymore, nor I can create the SEO files since there are 0 results.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Mauro

I have generated the SEO pages and the sitemap. All the links are 404. The rules in the .htaccess are added.

Does it work or is just a way to overrate the AS4?

I wrote to support but no answer on this matter. Is it working for you guys ?

My website is http://marelbo.com

thank you,

Daniel

I have generated the SEO pages and the sitemap. All the links are 404. The rules in the .htaccess are added.

Does it work or is just a way to overrate the AS4?

I wrote to support but no answer on this matter. Is it working for you guys ?

My website is http://marelbo.com

thank you,

Daniel

Hi,

We told you many time that we need an access to your server in order to debug this as we're not able to reproduce your case.

So, we're waiting for this information.

Regards,

Hello,

Does anyone know of some documentation available for me to get this module installed?  I have installed it, hooked it, configured it, and I have done everything I can see to do, and nothing shows up.  I dont get any navigation or filters....contacted the developer for assistance/documentation and I am still waiting for a reply.  I appreciate any installation guidance I can get. Thx!

Not aware of any documentation other than supplied with the module.

Unfortunately support is shoddy, so you need to be patient and write to the support via the official addons site.

Hi

Is it possible to have a search field in the Advanced Search 4 module that is a free text field? i.e. similar to "Quick search block"

Thanks

Hi

This kind of criterion type doesn't exists into Advanced Search 4, but our module is able to use filters on native "quick search" module results :-)

Best regards

Stephan

Hello!

Any plans to using native Prestashop jquery instead of side scripts provided with your module?

• Like 1

Is Advanced Search 4 compatible with Multistore? The built-in Layered navigation is a mess in multistore mode.

Using 1.6.1.0 as well as 1.6.0.9. 

Hi Steph / Forum

I'm using Adv Search 4 and i'm wondering how scaleable it is for large amounts of products and categories i.e. how long the resulting search times are. Do you have any statistics about this from the module's development and testing, or from other customer experience?

I have ~2,200 products and a dozen filterable categories, and it takes about 5 seconds to load. I'm looking to expand to 100,000+ products though.

And do you know of any optimization techniques that can help improve load times? I would be keen to get in touch with the technical/engineering team for Adv Search 4 if they are available to consult/freelance.

Kind regards. 

When installing the module I have an error:

Block Layered is not compatible with Advanced Search 4.
You must disable it first, or remove any filters in order to prevent unexpected behaviour on your shop.

What can I do?

Hi Steph,

I hope you'll answer. I'm looking for a way to divide the Price by Unit Price Ratio to get only Unit prices for the "Price Slider". Or, if possible, fetch unit price directly. I'm running a wholesale shop and my customers freak out when they see combined package prices instead of unit prices in the search slider .

Which lines should I change in the pm_advancedsearch4.php to get unit prices for the slider?

I used this kind of equation for the blocklayered.tpl:

{if !empty($product.unity) && $product.unit_price_ratio > 0.000000} {math equation="pprice / punit_price" pprice=$product.price punit_price=$product.unit_price_ratio assign=unit_price}

P.S. if you implement this feature, it's gonna give your search module more advantage over other search modules in the wholesale market.

Edited by Alugart (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Could you help me on how to abilitate the custom criterion group function ?

It is available fro my colours group (see pic attached) but it is not for my sizes group, even if they are both product attributes and managed in the same way on my store.

Thanks.post-1082015-0-71603400-1440672840_thumb.png

Hi, AS4 users. Does anyone know how to parse the content from a SEO page description? I'm a bit stucked over here :S.

I have error with the module where I cant see the popup for putting filters and attributes. I see a jquery error, but I dont know how to solve

Hi, great work!

How disable on page result subcategories, or show results between the filter (located horizontally) and a list of child categories?

Thanks.

Hi,

How can I:

set one image for a sort criteria for all languages in one go (20 colors x 10 languages is a nightmare)? 

Can I define how many columns are used for for instance a size (shoe size can easily fit in 3 columns)

Is there a way to get a SEO friendly way of displaying the URL (when a few sort criteria have been selected)  

How do I keep the search filter present on the product page?

Edited by Sickboards (see edit history)

I was annoyed that my seo sites showed the preset options. My customers couldnt change these options, so why show them?

I fixed it with this simple hack.

Dunno if there is any downsides and unwanted site effects - please let me know if you find such

global.css:
.PM_ASCriterionsSEOGroupDisabled {
  display: none;
}

Hope it helps others

I have PS (1.5.6) and your AdvancedSearch module (4.10.4).

I have a category with 2 products, one enabled and the other disabled. But when I got to the frontend, to that category, in the filter shows me in each "search item" that I have to products instead of one.

How can I make that filter doesn't take into account disabled products?

Thanks

Hi Webpro

Advanced Search 4 takes care of product status.

So, maybe there something wrong in your catalog of something like that.

First of all, please update the module to the latest release available (4.10.18 at this time), then re-index your search engine.

If the problem persists, contact our technical support with Back Office and FTP access to let us help you.

Best regards

Stephan

I can associate two searches to one category. Is it possible to change their order at front office ?

Hello!

I hava a problem(((

"Apply this rule to some CMS pages" if "YES" - no CMS pages are shown in pagelist!

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Hello,

Great module, much appreciated work. One question I do have. I have in my store over 50 000 products and over 5000 features ( I did a custom import job ). How can I select all features and move from left to right ? I want to use the module instead of the layered navigation.

Hi @fpopiku

From my point of view, this will be definitively a bad idea to assign 5000 "features groups" into a search engine.

Are you sure you are talking about "Features" and not "features values" ?

BR

Hi @fpopiku

From my point of view, this will be definitively a bad idea to assign 5000 "features groups" into a search engine.

Are you sure you are talking about "Features" and not "features values" ?

BR

Hi,

Tahnk you for your quick response, in regards to your question, yes I speak about features groups. ( I have over 1000 categories and the advanced navigation is set to display only the criteria with values, so the features will not all be displayed as once, a maximum of 20 features will be displayed for each category ). 

In regards to my question is there a quick way to do the import from left to right ?

Thank you

Edited by fpopiku (see edit history)

For performances reasons, please do not add more than 20 criteria by search engine.

Our recommandation is you have to create several search engines and assign them to specific categories. But do not add more than 20 criteria for each of them.

Best regards

Stephan

Hello!

I use a multistore

i have over 15 stores, and 2 searches in each store.

in prev. version the module worked fine, and now if i add a search engines in two stores

all works fine but when i add them in a third store the search engine in ALL stores dissapear.

ps 1.6.0.9