More than 3 images in thumbnail list (on product page)

Hi,

Where from can i modify the thumbnail list so it will display 4 or 5 images, not just 3 as it display now. I`m refering to thumb_list that is found under the bigpic (large image) on the product page.

Hope to get some answer, although from what i`ve experienced on this forum.... help comes very hard.

thanks

• 1 month later...

First thing you'd have to start with is making your thumbnails thinner so that 4 or 5 thumbnails can fit in that space under your large image (edit the "medium" image settings in your back office to get those thumbnails resized). Once you've done that you need to tell the script running the scrolling javascript how many images you are displaying. Otherwise it doesn't scroll properly. Find in your theme directory the product.js file (themes/yourtheme/js/product.js). Find the serialScrollFixLock function (around line 372 in my current file). You will see the variable serialScrollNbImagesDisplayed. Change the value of that variable from the default 3, to the amount of thumbnails you have displaying (e.g. 5).

That should do it.

Cheers,

Justin

• 4 years later...

Being that this is not the default theme will be very hard to answer without a link to your site, as for changing the image size of medium-default the problem here is all images would be resized so in other areas the smaller image may not be desirable.

You may need to edit the css associated with the thumbnail section and override the default size with a new size like this

height:150px

width:150px

Give link to site and I will have a look and see what need to be done if anything can be.

Being that this is not the default theme will be very hard to answer without a link to your site, as for changing the image size of medium-default the problem here is all images would be resized so in other areas the smaller image may not be desirable.

You may need to edit the css associated with the thumbnail section and override the default size with a new size like this

height:150px

width:150px

Give link to site and I will have a look and see what need to be done if anything can be.

here's my link http://lacouturegalere.com

OK it looks like it can be done with a little css editing can you turn off smarty for css so I can inspect the css files.

There does seem to be an issue with the scroll icon and I got it to scroll 1 time but after you disable smarty I can have a better look.