Adding a datepicker for delivery date on orders page

stevenjm

Ok, I have just spent a couple of hours trying to add a new field in database and code for a datepicker so I can let my customers choose which day they would like there delivery.

Its occured to me that its just getting way too complicated for what I am trying to acheive and was thinking a simpler way would be to add a field on the orders page with a javascript datepicker and then just somehow append that input onto the "leave a message regarding your delivery" field.

Any advice on the simplest way to acheive this and which files?

basically I just want to get the form field variables from the datepicker field and the message field and add them together so that both are displayed. ie. $message = $message + $delivery_date ( the date just appended onto the message)

Any help much appreciated as I have noticed also that a lot of people have been after the same system.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Try the jquery date picker which can be implemented on an input text field by including the css and js libraries needed for jquery ui.

Then you can just implement this code in any js file to add it:

$('#inputid').datepicker();

• 2 weeks later...

you can use this module: http://www.ecommy.com/products/date-picker-with-hours-prestashop-p-32.html

it has the posibility to remove holidays/weekends, defined working hours, cutoff hours for preparing the orders etc.. it is very mature in terms of business logic.

The module is not free, but it's very cheap; it's my module, and I can help you with any questions you may have

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Radu,

I have purchased your module this week and i'm missing just one thing.

I don't want that my customers can place a order without picking a date.

Do you know how i can manage that??

Thank you very much for your reply!

Halmar Heijnen

Het Taartgeheim

if you use one page checkout the feature will be available later this week, I will send you the module, just drop me an email to save it. Alternatively you can download the updated module from your account (later this week)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

if you use one page checkout the feature will be available later this week, I will send you the module, just drop me an email to save it. Alternatively you can download the updated module from your account (later this week)

I need this functionality too. Are you still working on it?

Regards

Markus

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Try the jquery date picker which can be implemented on an input text field by including the css and js libraries needed for jquery ui.

Then you can just implement this code in any js file to add it:

$('#inputid').datepicker();

can anyone help me how to do implement this in my own module?

I've created a new module and in the configuration screen I have an input text field that I have given the class="hasDatepicker" value, but nothing happens when I click on it.

I've used the Vouchers page as an example ( Backoffice > Payment > Vouchers > Add New) when you click on the date field there on the bottom of the page, a datepicker shows up. But I don't see anything happen on my page.

My code is just this:

$this->_html .= '
		 <script type="text/javascript" src="../modules/infodirectmarathonpromo/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>
	    <form id="promo" name="promo">
		    <input type="text" name="test1" id="test1" class="hasDatepicker" />
	    </form>
	    ';

and in the <head> of my page it already includes the exact same JS / CSS files as the voucher page

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I've figured out how it works a while ago.

First of all, be sure the functions.php file is included (include_once('functions.php');). After that, call this function:

includeDatepicker(array('from', 'to'));

Of course, use your own names for from and to. Those are the ids for the input field that should be affected by datepicker. Now the magic:

REMOVE hasDatepicker class! Yeah, dunno why but in my code the datepicker appeared once the classes on inputs were removed. Strange enough.

Hope you solve your issue :)

Cheers

Nemo

• 4 months later...
you can use this module: http://www.ecommy.com/products/date-picker-with-hours-prestashop-p-32.html

it has the posibility to remove holidays/weekends, defined working hours, cutoff hours for preparing the orders etc.. it is very mature in terms of business logic.

The module is not free, but it's very cheap; it's my module, and I can help you with any questions you may have

I just bought it. But i'm havving some problems:

1- How to change language in Front Office, from english to spanish?? there is no option.

2- Want to put diferent hours selectable: 13:00-14:00, 14:00-15:00, etc, dont find any option to do that.

Waiting for response,

Thnaks,

¨Sebastian

• 5 months later...

Hello Sebastian, I am answering here in case somebody else is searching for the same thing in the same place.

there is a screen under shipping->Available week days. Here after you click a day of the week you can configure what hour intervals are available:

post-22061-0-64982200-1360687818_thumb.png

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Been trying for days to get ahold of ecommy.com and no response. I need a date picker for my flowershop so

I have just purchased the Datepicker with hours by ecommy.com.

So much for an easy installation. I installed it and clicked the configure button and it just loads my homepage of the website.

So, I am stuck. Opened a support ticket. Waiting to see if there will be any joy.

Has anyone else had issues?

Hi All,

I have purchased the datepicker from Ecommy. Followed the install instructions and it doesnt work.

I sent a message to Radu and have not got a reply.

Why is it so difficult to find a simple module for a simple datepicker. I know I am a newbie but to find something..........

Anyone have any suggestions. If not will have to outsource this.

Have a good evening.

Hello,

I  also answered you in the ticketing system, sorry for the delay once again.

The module is not quite simple as you can see checking the code and the features. I spent quite a lot of time developing it and keeping it up2date as you can see from the changelog.

When you are getting the blank page, most often is when you entered backoffice using a different url than the default one.

As a simple example www vs non-www. Right now I am doing a simple modification to avoid the same situation for the future as I simple didn't foreseen it.

• 1 year later...

Ok, I have just spent a couple of hours trying to add a new field in database and code for a datepicker so I can let my customers choose which day they would like there delivery.

Its occured to me that its just getting way too complicated for what I am trying to acheive and was thinking a simpler way would be to add a field on the orders page with a javascript datepicker and then just somehow append that input onto the "leave a message regarding your delivery" field.

Any advice on the simplest way to acheive this and which files?

basically I just want to get the form field variables from the datepicker field and the message field and add them together so that both are displayed. ie. $message = $message + $delivery_date ( the date just appended onto the message)

Any help much appreciated as I have noticed also that a lot of people have been after the same system.

Thanks.

Hi stevenjm,

Did you got any solution on this ?. The posts here dosen't sounds having a free solution for this. Please if any one know a solution for this reply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased this and installed it, but when I try to checkout after selecting a date, I get the error below... 

Fatal error: Call to a member function getLastProduct() on a non-object in /home/natural/public_html/modules/eydatepickerproduct/eydatepickerproduct.php on line 273

Once I get this error, my whole store stops working and the error won't go away unless I disable the module...

I've been trying to get support from the developer and so far have been waiting days and haven't heard back from him.  

• 2 months later...

Mahones, I didn't find a ticket in my support system with this username but please note the plugin has a tab called support on which you have the details to easily open a support request.

In your case I'll need your exact prestashop version, thank you.

Edited by Radu (see edit history)

• 10 months later...

Hi Radu,

I want to buy your module, but I have question : I would like to use it for food delivery, so I only need the time picker with hours. But I would like default time picker is the actual hour + 45 minutes. Is is possible with your module ?

Thank you

Pierre

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I  also answered you in the ticketing system, sorry for the delay once again.

The module is not quite simple as you can see checking the code and the features. I spent quite a lot of time developing it and keeping it up2date as you can see from the changelog.

When you are getting the blank page, most often is when you entered backoffice using a different url than the default one.

As a simple example www vs non-www. Right now I am doing a simple modification to avoid the same situation for the future as I simple didn't foreseen it.

So does there any way,without using paid module we add some code in core file.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi Radu,

I want to buy your module, but I have question : I would like to use it for food delivery, so I only need the time picker with hours. But I would like default time picker is the actual hour + 45 minutes. Is is possible with your module ?

Thank you

Pierre

I'm using your module for online food store with (mostly same day) delivery. My problem is that customers order without choosing date or hour 4 the delivery. How can I make them choose the time and date for delivery?

Hello,

does the module work for 1.7 ? 

https://www.ecommy.com/product/date-picker-with-hours-for-prestashop

It's not precised...

Thx

Hi All,

After looking at your requirements, I am here to tell you about a perfect module to meet all your requirements. It is the preferred delivery date and time module. Below are some of its features:

• Allows your customers to choose the desired delivery date and time slot.
  • Customers can select their desired delivery preferences on the checkout page. 
  • Customers can also update their desired delivery preferences after placing the order if allowed by admin. 
  • Customers get a calendar input to select the desired delivery date.
  • Customers can select the time slot by choosing them from a drop-down list.
  • The admin can configure the ‘time slot range’. 
  • For example, if time slot range is 2 hours, it will be shown as 8-10 AM, 10-12 AM, 12-2 PM etc. 
  • Admin can set up the start delivery and end delivery time of the day.
  • For example, if start is 8:00 AM and end is 9:00 PM, customers can select the time slots falling under this range only. 
  • Admin can make delivery time field Optional or Mandatory.
  • Admin can show or hide the time slot selection from the front end.
  • And much more....

After looking at its features, I would like to address each of you one by one.

@viola_chisto

I am glad to inform you that it is possible to set default time as the actual hour + 45 minutes. And we have delivery time with hours, and also you can configure it accordingly, you can keep the delivery time gap of 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours... depending on your requirement.

@grjgrj

You can keep the Delivery date and time field mandatory. Without choosing the delivery date and time your customers cannot place an order.

@AmigaINC

Prestashop delivery date and time is compatible with PS version 1.7. Also adding, It is compatible with all PrestaShop themes and supports multi-lingual.

If you like its features and want to explore it, you can do so by visiting the link provided: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/delivery-date/26189-knowband-preferred-delivery-time.html

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! We use module by Ecommy. Since we need to setup different setting for different delivery methods, is there possibility to install this module second time (second instance of it) and configure in another way?

Looking forward to hear from you!

• 11 months later...