Google Adwords and Prestashop Landing Pages through Blogs, Wordpress, Articles etc...

I have been experimenting with PrestaShop, but have reached a stage where I need to choose whether to continue with PS - or move to a more bespoke (and controllable) system.

Before I continue, I would like to hear from, or see more experienced peoples views on using Google Adwords to drive traffic to a site.

If continuing, I would look to construct a blog, wordpress, articles or similar either within the site (as a module) or as a subdomain of the main store. I see there is a tabbed system module out there that could hold the article links. I would then look to use Google Adwords to those landing pages, and then on to make a purchase.

Does this sound workable in theory?
Is anyone already doing this, or similar?
Are here any examples of stores that you might share with me?
Has anyone managed to get a first page listing on Google organically?
Can I control where the articles show through a CMS or similar, as a multistore is a future possibility?

I look forward to your collective wisdom and thoughts...

Hello,

Yes, is perfectly achievable what are you trying to do, but not by scraping the blog directly into your shop, instead creating a single template with the same look for the shop and for your blog.

For instance you can have the shop accessible directly when you are typing the home page (i.e -

www.yoursite.com

) and the blog on a subdomain (i.e

blog.yoursite.com

) or on a folder (

www.yoursite.com/blog

)

You can have also the blog accessible directly when you are typing the home page and the shop on a subdomain or on a folder.

Regarding the seo question, can be done!

Thanks for the early confirmation prestadesigner!

I understand that the folder option for the blog is better (www.yoursite.com/blog), as blog.yoursite.com will be viewed by google as being an entirely separate domain in it's own right. This might be okay as a way to push competitor sites down the list a little, but is not my plan.

As you say, the aim is to fully integrate the blog etc with look, feel and links, and not simply as a standard add on.

Again, I would really like to see some examples of this in action.

Hi prestadesigner

I'm also looking for a way to integrate a blog, so the customer doesn't visually leave your shop - just like the two examples you gave above. Did you do the work on those two? Can you be more specific about how to achieve this (or point me to more detailed information I can read & follow)?

Thanks for any help ;)

slow

Hello slow,

This examples are not created by me. If you want to integrate a blog with prestashop you will have to create a unique design for both prestashop and wordpress, they will have to share the same layout. Install prestashop on the root of the website and wordpress on a folder (i.e blog). That's all :)

Hello PrestaDesigner,
Thank you for the information in this thread. I am using your new free Clothes Shop template (great work, by the way!) Can I use this template for a Wordpress blog as well? I am completely new to Wordpress and don't have a clue as to how to design a theme/template for it that would match a prestashop theme