Upgrade to 1.4.2 access denied on several features in BO

Hi,

I upgraded to 1.4.2, but several of the options in BO is not available, it says access denied, when I try to enter carts, generator and a few others. The rest of the shop works perfectly. Anybody got an idea how to solve this?

I had the same problem, upgrading from 1.4.0.17, couldn't access the Appearance tab and the initial home page.

There must be a table issue somewhere, new field(s) or table(s) not added properly when updating.

I made a copy of my database (using phpMyAdmin)and resorted to a fresh install.

The BO denied access no longer occurred.

I switched to my old database, still using the freshly installed 1.4.2.5 and the denied access issues came back.

I then switched back to the demo database, emptied all the tables, exported all my tables from my own database and re-imported back into the empty database.

Everything is now fine.

After upgrading to the latest version - v.1.4.2.5 (stable) I got this :
Access denied to several areas including
Preferences / Performances
Preferences / WebService
Preferences / Appearance
Tools / Informations
Tools / Logs
Modules / Themes
Modules / My Account
Modules / Modules & themes catalog
Payment / Taxes Rules

I have this issue only on one site - the other store that was updated from the previous version - not the latest one - is in good working order.
Any ideas?

Thanks !

After going through a lot of trouble debugging this is what I found (and works for me):

there are missing rows from the xxx_access table in the database.

in my shop the homepage is tab id 88 (id_tab = 88), my profile id is 1 (id_profile = 1)

the row containing this access and the one for the preferences/appearance (id_tab = 83) was missing. I inserted it into the database manually (with phpmyadmin) and it works like a charm ever since.

don't forget to add the rows for other users too with the corressponding access rights (view, add, edit, delete)

hope this helps

After a clean 1.4.2.5 install, I cannot access my Modules or Payments tabs. I can access their sub-tabs however.

The page error code that I get on the modules tab is:

Fatal error: Class GridExtJS contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (ModuleGridEngineCore::setLimit) in /home/ingredie/public_html/messageonthebottle.com/classes/Module.php(547) : eval()'d code on line 16

Can anyone assist me?

Trying to expedite this website launch.....

Cheers!

Hi,
A few questions for those of you having "access denied" issues.
- In tab "Employees", click on your account. In the "profile" field, is "Administrator" selected? If not, is the list empty?
- Which version did you upgrade from?
- Do you remember seeing any error message at the end of the update process?

For information, in Employees > Permissions subtab, you can set the access rights of the different profiles, though it is not possible to change the Administrator access rights.

Regards,

Thanks for the attention Thomas.
Yes, I have full admin access (triple checked)
While installing the clean version (did not upgrade) there were no errors. All green check marks.
I did copy and paste the error code as it is displayed in both the modules and payment tabs.
Thank you.

• 11 months later...

cant access tools > generator and others menus in backoffice.

in localhost (mac).

access backoffice fine, with Administrator, but "access denied" tools > generator.

suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

A few questions for those of you having "access denied" issues.

- In tab "Employees", click on your account. In the "profile" field, is "Administrator" selected? If not, is the list empty?

- Which version did you upgrade from?

- Do you remember seeing any error message at the end of the update process?

For information, in Employees > Permissions subtab, you can set the access rights of the different profiles, though it is not possible to change the Administrator access rights.

Regards,

I have installed prestashop V1.5 RC i got the following problem :

I see the frontpanel, all is working good.

Loging in to the admin panel, is ok but i get in all the screens : access denied.

As you have written above when i go to preferences/employees i see that the profile is empty and i cannot select anything

What is the problem ?