adding a handling fee

i am trying to add a $2 handling charge for shipping. I am using presta 1.4.1 using the usps module. I ship only priority mail and express shipping.

i have a few items in my store to test and 3 accounts. the added weight works and the shipping charge is right but its not adding the $2 handling charge. i have found 3 different places and added it yet still not showing up.

1st under shipping tab there is a options for Handling charges i put in 2.00. i relog in add the item to the cart still shows $5.10 shipping for 1 pound.

2nd under shipping tab Fees by carrier, geographical zone, and ranges the 2 options that show up is priority mail and express. i put north America $2 and save go back and check still shows up. log out log in again add the item shows up $5.10

3rd under modules USPS Carrier 2. Categories Settings i added a new one for home and a $2 charge which i assume would charge $2 to all orders. still shows up as $5.10

nothing i can do will add a $2 handling fee. is there something i am missing?

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Make that three! I've been struggling with this for several weeks. I've tried everything and the weird thing is that sometimes it does show up but most of the time it does not. I'm using the U.S.P.S. Rate Calulator v1.2.1 module.

Has anyone gotten this to work???

Clem

• 6 months later...

Same problem here, but I'm using USPS module from Presto Chaneo. The module works well but I was informed by the developer that the additional handling fee feature is not compatible with the USPS module. The USPS module is more important so it must stay. But I also must find a way to add a handling charge. Please help.

• 2 months later...