[Solved] Module list not displaying

I've installed Prestashop 1.4.1.0 (using Softaculous), but there is no module list showing and there are no filter boxes. Screen shot attached.

Any ideas?

It might be from your hosting provider. Try to see memory limit in php.ini, if have access to. As a reference you can have a look at this thread

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/10724

Hi,
There's a good chance it's caused by the memory limit, but in case it's not you can replace lines 29 and 30 in the file config/config.inc.php by:

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

You will then have a detailed error message on the module page.

As a side note Softaculous has been known to cause some issues with PrestaShop, if possible make a manual install.

Still no joy:

I did two clean installs of prestashop - one using Softaculous and one manual, following the Prestashop instsallation instructions. Made sure that modules and subdiresctories had permissions set to 777 and that the php.ini file included the "extension-php_gd2.dll" setting

I switch debugging on, which gave me the following message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/gtawcorg/public_html/prestadv002m/classes/Module.php(492) : eval()'d code on line 1238

This indicates a memory problem, as suggested.

Tried setting memory in php.ini to 64M, 128M and 256M. Still get the same error message. Is there anyting else that I should be checking or trying?

Changed the memory limit at the top of /admin/tabs/AdminModules.php to 128M and it worked! Changed down to 64M and still worked.

Thomas, many thanks, you are a complete star.